Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:24:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Shapeshifter

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shapeshifter  (Read 86 times)
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« on: August 21, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »

Shapeshifter
Posted on 8-18-2017 | Comment icon 0 comments

By: Dustin | Location: Cranbrook British Columbia

My name is Dustin, and I grew up in a town called Cranbrook. It's in SE British Columbia, in the Kootenays; the middle of nowhere. This story happened about fourteen or fifteen years ago (2002-2003?) with my three other friends (initials) DB, PD, and SR. We were driving around the streets of Cranbrook like any other night, it was around 10:00PM.

DB was driving his mom's car. SR was in the backseat behind him. PD was sitting passenger and I was behind him... If my memory is correct? We came to stop sign on 2nd St N, crossing Cranbrook St N. The Tembec Forestry building was on our right. To our left, waiting to cross the crosswalk, stood a young boy who was wearing what looked like a hospital gown and he seemed to be glowing. His gown, his skin, his hair, all illuminated.

As the boy began to cross, I recall him appearing to be an old man suddenly, still glowing. Once the figure was directly in front of the car it was now an old haggard aboriginal woman. The gown and glow were gone and she was wearing layers of old tattered clothes. Once "she" got to the sidewalk she collapsed. Folded right over and fell to the ground. PD rolled down his passenger window and asked if "she" needed help. Her response was quick, and in a very raspy shrill, she said " NO! Don't call the police! NO!" We must have been in shock, or even just mesmerized by incomprehension, because we just went to Safeway, which was open until 11:00PM and called 911 on the payphone.

By this point we were in a giddy frenzy trying to rationalize what we saw. It spiked our curiosities and imaginations. We were all about 18-19 yrs old then. When we went back to the intersection the police were already there. The "woman" had made her way toward the Tembec building, sitting against the brick wall. The police were approaching her. She sat in the darkness. We drove off and that was the last we heard of it or followed up with it.

I often wonder what would have happened, if instead of calling the police, we offered her help? What if we let her in the car, or even gotten out of the car to aid her? What was it: alien? skin walker? a figment of our collective imaginations? To this day all four of us remembered what we saw and although certain details may differ in our stories, we all agree we witnessed something unexplainable.

DB doesn't like to talk about it. He said to me "I know what we saw, I don't want to believe it". SR seems to have just let it fade into the forgotten archives of his mind. PD seems to lean a little more my way, with curiosity and questions. He once said to me "it's as if it was reading all of our minds and trying to find an image that wouldn't scare us, and still make sense" ( or something to that affect) However, I alone seem to be holding this memory tightly. Reminding myself to never forget it.

The truly odd thing though, is how fast your mind will force you to forget something so unexplainable. It's as if your whole life you are building a puzzle of reality and out of nowhere life throws you some pieces that just don't fit. So you throw them away. That's what I think happened to all of us. It wasn't until ten years later (2012) while having a discussion on life and unexplainable events ( with a coworker) did my memories dredge that experience up. One by one I called DB, SR, and PD to see if they remembered, and they did. It was then I knew that we had truly witnessed something anomalous.

I wish I could have answers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: