Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:41:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Diffusion - Cultural similarities between Old and New Worlds - Atlantis ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diffusion - Cultural similarities between Old and New Worlds - Atlantis ?  (Read 9212 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 05:40:02 pm »

FROM THE ARTICLE:

"On the Pacific side it would have existed just at the time when the ancient records of India tell us that
Arjuna crossed from Asia to visit America, and, somewhat later perhaps, Chinese records of world geography
and exploration show their emissaries in the New World, to say nothing of the Japanese who apparently
visited Ecuador during the same era."

This especially answers a question that has been going through my mind since I was 13 years old.

It was 1951 and my parents and I had just arrived in Canada from Italy.  Two weeks later  I was
in boarding school as, rightly, my parents believed I would learn English faster that way......

I quickly found myself among French-speaking girls from Quebec and a great number of others from
Latin America, both Central and South.  We all had one thing in common: learning English.
Actually, being the lone Italian, I cheated.  I learned how to speak French and Spanish much easier
than English.  When the sisters got wise, they separated us......

I became close friends with a girl from Ecuador.  I could never figure out until today why she looked
so Oriental:  her mother was obviously of Spanish descent and her father looked just like we see the
natives look in current TV documentaries.  Her two brothers were a mixture of the parents.

This is the first time I ever discussed this - ever.....

BTW, I knew what Eskimos looked like, I had seen enough of them to know.  But she didn't resemble
them either.  Nor did she resemble ordinary Japanese folks.  But she definitely had Oriental features 
and.... her black hair was as CURLY as a  black person's.

With time, I identified her look with that ancient Japanese tribe that lives in isolation. I'll have to look
up the name....

Thing is, until I read this article, I have always wondered HOW she resembled an ancient Japanese
with VERY CURLY black hair.

Now I know.  Better late than never......
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 06:06:23 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: