Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:15:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

BlueHue's solution to Atlantis-PUZZLE=HattiLand now HEDJAZ

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BlueHue's solution to Atlantis-PUZZLE=HattiLand now HEDJAZ  (Read 3702 times)
BlueHue2

Blue-Hue? is he Just Blind, or a One-eyed 'king' ?

« on: July 25, 2017, 07:08:32 am »

MESSAGE from  Delft Netherlands Aug 2017
 I am thanking Hero-Members 'Atalante'& Julia for their big support..........

..........Anyway it would be better if one reads the two Attachments and make an educated Comment
THANK YOU

bluehue,

I see you are still investigating Atlantis.  Most people find Atlantis in different places.  You are probably the only person who has found Atlantis in Aden (or Yemen). 

I can expand, supportingly, one of the points in your attached documents, about "daughter of Atlas".

To contemporary Greeks in Plato's audience, the Greek word "atlantis/atlantidos" meant:  "daughter of Atlas" (as in Hesiod's Theogony 938, "Atlantis'); or "island of an Atlas woman" (as in Timaeus 25a,   "Atlantidos neso"). 

Good luck in your search for Atlantis ! 

I think I explained my own recent views to you a couple years ago.  My views are different than yours.

In Greek epic poetry, the titan Atlas had mythical daughters named Calypso and Erythia, whose locations  formed a previous Greek overlay for the geography that Plato is describing in the Atlantis theme.  Mythical Calypso and Erythia each ruled islands in the west.  Homer had written about Calypso.  Hesiod had written about Erythia. 

The place that Critas is calling the Great Plain of Atlantis was equivalent to the place that Hesiod called Erythia (an "island" of a daughter of titan Atlas).  In Hesiod's Theogony 287, Hesiod wrote that Heracles had to cross the Okean to reach Erythia; and then Heracles again had to cross the Okean to return to Greece from Erythia. 

fascinating
Report Spam   Logged

Atlantis in,"historical-Perspective"
=Known-World,Oikumene=Now,Yemen>Surat-89

This Egyptian,INDIAN-Ocean trade-Empire was
ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

PLATO wrote (GREEK!)" ATHE " Now,Aden= Solomon's/OFIR, in Herodotus-Araby-Map

ATLANTIS-Dialogue=Satire,on Athens-Trade boycott(of Darius2,413bc)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: