Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:44:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS IN MALTA - countdown has began!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS IN MALTA - countdown has began!!!!!  (Read 2904 times)
nikas

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 08:24:16 am »

Jun 8, 2017 at 5:28am adamska said:

I found this on the other forum about you Oliver/Hermocrates, so **** off my topic, i dont need your discussion:

lolcow.wiki/wiki/Oliver_D._Smith
$Oliver D. Smith[4] is a person of interest who is known for his pseudointellectualism and long-reaching campaigns of online harassment. His most common aliases are Anglo_Pyramidologist and Atlantid.

Portraying himself primarily as an academic and researcher,[5][6][7] he is better known for his extensive harassment campaigns; Smith is known to go to insane extremes to pursue and accost individuals who he believes to have offended him, such as utilizing on multiple sockpuppet accounts to accuse his critics of various crimes, actively sending his opponents death threats, trying to extort them into recanting their criticism of him, and going so far as to chase those that have "wronged" him from website to website. It is this behavior, however, alongside his tendency to try to weaponize Wikis, that led him to be covered by the Kiwi Farms and subsequently this wiki.

At a glance, Smith appears to be cut from the same cloth as disgraced Wikipedia editor Ryulong in that he is a frequent editor of the likes of Wikipedia and Rationalwiki; however, whereas Ryulong focuses primarily on specific articles to claim as "his," Smith instead pursues wholesale retribution against anyone who offends him or disparages him in any capacity. Towards this end, Smith has created literally hundreds of Wikipedia accounts,[8] mostly centered around the prospect of using to attack those who have angered him. He is outright obsessive; once he feels a target is "guilty," he will not let go of any slight, and he will relentlessly pursue them until they have have recanted anything negative they have said or posted about him, and deleted anything disparaging him. A relentless wiki vandal, Smith uses his numerous socks to shove hate-filled screeds of "crimes" his opposition is guilty of, making dozens of new pages doing similar, and generally creating constant new work for the staff of a given wiki to have to clean up. In addition to this, he uses his socks to pose as other users and try to goad them into capitulating to him.

Smith first came to the Kiwi Farms' attention on on February 13th, 2016, due to his obsession with Mikemikev, who had initially come to the Farms in an attempt to rally them as his own personal army; this would have ended with the Farms simply mocking Mikemikev, but Smith harbours an intense grudge against Mikemikev because of his involvement with Smith's ban from Metapedia,[9] And subsequently pursued him, where he, too, was mocked.

While the relationship between Smith, Mikemikev, and Michael D. Suarez was initially likened to The Three Stooges, due to their constant hissy-fits with one another,[10][11] Smith quickly proved to be the most irritating of the three due to his incapacity to accept defeat and his constant creation of socks that he used to vandalize the wiki to attack his critics. As of December 30th, 2016, Smith has created over 100 sockpuppets on Lolcow Wiki alone.

Read more: http://atlantisrisingforums.proboards.com/thread/1070/atlantis-malta-countdown#ixzz4k4pkj7TG
Report Spam   Logged
Alcibiades
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:40 pm »

Sounds like someone needs to get a life.

How big were the population centers of this Atlantis and did you find evidence of the war?
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 08:41:41 am »

Jun 8, 2017 at 5:28am adamska said:

I found this on the other forum about you Oliver/Hermocrates, so **** off my topic, i dont need your discussion:

lolcow.wiki/wiki/Oliver_D._Smith
$Oliver D. Smith[4] is a person of interest who is known for his pseudointellectualism and long-reaching campaigns of online harassment. His most common aliases are Anglo_Pyramidologist and Atlantid.

Portraying himself primarily as an academic and researcher,[5][6][7] he is better known for his extensive harassment campaigns; Smith is known to go to insane extremes to pursue and accost individuals who he believes to have offended him, such as utilizing on multiple sockpuppet accounts to accuse his critics of various crimes, actively sending his opponents death threats, trying to extort them into recanting their criticism of him, and going so far as to chase those that have "wronged" him from website to website. It is this behavior, however, alongside his tendency to try to weaponize Wikis, that led him to be covered by the Kiwi Farms and subsequently this wiki.

At a glance, Smith appears to be cut from the same cloth as disgraced Wikipedia editor Ryulong in that he is a frequent editor of the likes of Wikipedia and Rationalwiki; however, whereas Ryulong focuses primarily on specific articles to claim as "his," Smith instead pursues wholesale retribution against anyone who offends him or disparages him in any capacity. Towards this end, Smith has created literally hundreds of Wikipedia accounts,[8] mostly centered around the prospect of using to attack those who have angered him. He is outright obsessive; once he feels a target is "guilty," he will not let go of any slight, and he will relentlessly pursue them until they have have recanted anything negative they have said or posted about him, and deleted anything disparaging him. A relentless wiki vandal, Smith uses his numerous socks to shove hate-filled screeds of "crimes" his opposition is guilty of, making dozens of new pages doing similar, and generally creating constant new work for the staff of a given wiki to have to clean up. In addition to this, he uses his socks to pose as other users and try to goad them into capitulating to him.

Smith first came to the Kiwi Farms' attention on on February 13th, 2016, due to his obsession with Mikemikev, who had initially come to the Farms in an attempt to rally them as his own personal army; this would have ended with the Farms simply mocking Mikemikev, but Smith harbours an intense grudge against Mikemikev because of his involvement with Smith's ban from Metapedia,[9] And subsequently pursued him, where he, too, was mocked.

While the relationship between Smith, Mikemikev, and Michael D. Suarez was initially likened to The Three Stooges, due to their constant hissy-fits with one another,[10][11] Smith quickly proved to be the most irritating of the three due to his incapacity to accept defeat and his constant creation of socks that he used to vandalize the wiki to attack his critics. As of December 30th, 2016, Smith has created over 100 sockpuppets on Lolcow Wiki alone.

Read more: http://atlantisrisingforums.proboards.com/thread/1070/atlantis-malta-countdown#ixzz4k4pkj7TG

I'm not attempting to engage you here, and I'm basically attempting to advice those here that do not know who you be, and of what a simpleton game you are wanting to "replay" with the more gullible ones here. Because it should be noted by them that you, Nikas, have been at this game for nearly ten years. Why are you still playing this game of yours? Have you not been exposed over and over by a few of the more savvy posters here? I cannot say why one of those that exposed your game, "Hermocrates", who had posted here before, stopped posting. In reading some of the old posts here, although you had been exposed by others before, Hermocrates seemed to have been the last one to do so, after which you took a long hiatus from this game of yours. But only to return to it again, and that is why I have taken up where the others left you off. If you want to continue in playing this game of having found Plato's Atlantis, at least tell the others here, those that are less knowledgeable in the subject, that you are playing a game of pretend. Because you are just clowning around. But if you are persisting in being serious about it, then, as the others told you before, you are just fooling yourself with self-delusion.

But perhaps your arch-friend, Georgeos Montexano, will not be the Atlantis subject-matter-expert for another National Geographic segment on Atlantis. This new one will be titled; "Atlantis not in Donana Spain, as Simcha Jacobovici left Malta too soon last time."

I'm contacting James Cameron and informing him to contact you, Nikas, the real expert-finder of lost continents. Malta in Etruscan is Nikas, the TITAN of all the Atlantis seekers. 

But for the serious crowd here, of ATLANTIS there is only one that deserves that name, but, obviously, there are too many claiming to be Atlantis. The opposite can be said of things and persons when there are too many of them, and all have one same name. 

Too Many of a Name.--It is both vexatious and troublesome, to have too many persons, living in the same place, who occupy the same name. It must be particularly as to the Post Office in this city, in relation to the name of Oliver Smith. We know not how they ever manage to give the letters to the right persons. Even to us a community of property in the same name, is oftentimes not a little vexatious.

For instance: Oliver Smith is hauled up before the Police, and committed to take his trial at the next Sessions, for stealing a grindstone; and the matter is, the next day, duly reported in our paper. Then come the disclaimers. Then we are thronged from morning till night with Oliver Smiths, who call just to say, and so request us to say, that they are not the man that stole the grindstone. That if we intended them, we have got the wrong sow by the ear, and that we must be careful how we make use of the name of an honest man, who never stole a grindstone in his life.

1st Oliver Smith.--Mr. Printer, what the devil do you mean by putting me in your Transcript?

Printer--You! Whereabouts?

1st Oliver Smith.--Whereabouts! Just as if you didn't know, now. Why, in this piece here about the grin'-stone.

Printer.--Are you the man, then, that stole the grindstone?

1st Oliver Smith. I! no! I never stole a grin'stone since the day I was born. I guess, if I was rogue enough to steal any thing, I shouldn't be such an all-fired fool as to steal a grin'stone.

Printer.--Well, then, you are not the man intended, and have nothing to do with the article.

1st Oliver Smith.--No, I never had nothing to do with pocketing such an article as a grin'stone, no how; and I can't see why you should put my name in the paper.

Printer.--If you're not the man that stole the grindstone, that cannot be your name.

1st O. Smith.--Yes, but it is, though--it's Oliver Smith, and that's my name.

Printer.--You don't consider how many Oliver Smiths there are in the city.

1st O. Smith.--How many! Why, I know well enough there's me, and then there's my cousin Oliver--or Long-legged Oliver, as we call him; but 'taint nyther of us that took the grin'stone. And I wish you'd just scratch out me and my cousin Oliver, and put in some other man. [Exit.]

2d Oliver Smith.--Good morning to you, Mr. Printer, I've called to inquire why you've taken the liberty to take my name in vain.

Printer.--Your name?

2d O. Smith.--Ay, my name--Mr. Oliver Smith.

Printer.--Sit down, Mr. Smith.

2d O. Smith.--I'll not sit down. You've slandered me, and I'll not sit down with you. What business have you to say I was brought before the Police for stealing a grindstone?

Printer.--We haven't said any such thing.

2d O. Smith.--You haven't? Then I can't read--that's all. Here's your paper; and if that don't read plain Oliver Smith--all down in black and white, then I'm mistaken. And then it's so unlikely a story, that I should be guilty of such a trick as carrying off so unwieldly a thing as a grindstone. If you'll believe me, upon my honor, I never had so heavy an accusation brought against me in my life.

Printer.--I verily believe it; at least I think you're not the Oliver Smith mentioned in the Transcript; for, if I mistake not, he was committed to prison.

2d O. Smith.--Well, there is something in that, to be sure; and when people see that I'm at large, and about my honest business, they can't be such fools as to take me for the fellow that stole the grindstone. Good bye, sir. [Exit.]

3d Oliver Smith.--Mr. Printer, I've an action against you, for asserting, in your paper of this morning, that I stole a grindstone.

Printer.--You're a little mistaken, sir.

3d O. Smith.--No, sir, I am not mistaken; and to prove that I am not, I've brought a constable with me.

Printer.--Well, sir, you may carry him back again, if you please.

3d O. Smith.--Carry him back! how's that? Didn't you print my name here? and haven't you appended to it a most felonious and weighty charge?

Printer.--The charge, I grant you, is weighty enough--and as much, perhaps, as two or three Oliver Smiths could carry. But you must recollect, that there are no less than sixty-nine Oliver Smiths in this city; and, unless you can prove yourself to be the identical Oliver Smith named in the Transcript, you may as well take your constable away, and pay your own cost.

3d O. Smith.--W-h-e-w! I didn't think of that. Come, Mr. Constable, we may as well be off. [Exit.]

4th Oliver Smith.--I cant' think, Mr. Printer, what possessed you to assert that I was in Bridewell, for stealing a grindstone.

Printer.--You?

4th O. Smith.--Yes, sir, me. And it's all a lie, every word on't. I'm not in Bridewell, no more than you are, one bit nor grain.

Printer.--So I perceive.

4th O. Smith.--What made you say so for, then?

Printer.--I didn't.

4th O. Smith--Aint my name Oliver Smith?

Printer.--I don't know, I'm sure.

4th O. Smith.--Well, I know; and unless you take my name out of your paper, in less than three minutes, I'll lick you d--dly. What do you think of that, ha?

Printer.--Why, if that's your game, my coat, you see, is already off.

4th O. Smith.--Well, I don't know, on the whole. On second thoughts, I don't very much like the licking scheme; and if you'll just cut my name out of that piece in the Transcript, I'll be much obliged to ye.

Printer (taking the scissors.)--O, certainly: There! you see, I have cut out your name.

4th O. Smith.--Thank you, sir. Now let any body say I'm in Bridewell, for stealing a grindstone, if they dare. [Exit]

Report Spam   Logged
nikas

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 09:55:49 am »

How big were the population centers of this Atlantis and did you find evidence of the war?

Well, I am only working on one of the cities (10 in total). Which is the capital. Now, the entire city was about 5 km in diameter. 4km belonged to the general population and 1 km for the citadel (the rings from center island to the outmost ring). I don't think the population of this city was more than 10 K. As for evidence of war, I don't think you will ever find such a thing. We're talking about a total destruction plus the passing of time.
Report Spam   Logged
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 09:43:09 pm »

I don't know that anyone has ever "exposed" Nikas. I have been reading his posts for the last ten years and know him as a serious researcher. As researchers ourselves, we should have an open mind about his findings. Georgeos has no place in this particular discussion, his theories encompass Spain, not Malta. I would be interested in knowing if these findings will be published somewhere soon.
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
nikas

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 04:18:37 am »

I don't know that anyone has ever "exposed" Nikas. I have been reading his posts for the last ten years and know him as a serious researcher. As researchers ourselves, we should have an open mind about his findings. Georgeos has no place in this particular discussion, his theories encompass Spain, not Malta.

George exposed himself on the recent 'Atlantis Rising' documentary with Simcha Jacobovici. He made big claims about a particular place and when investigated there was nothing there. We all saw that on the show. Even, the so called, ancient anchors were found far way from his location. In my opinion, his theory is finished. that's the best way to discredit someone theory or expose it. If my site reveals nothing that proves the existence of Atlantis then I will be exposed. The burden, at the moment, lays with the authorities as I have reported and registered it with them.

I would be interested in knowing if these findings will be published somewhere soon.

I am waiting for the Maltese authorities to act first. If they don't, soon you see them plastered all over the Media.
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 07:03:04 pm »

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/World+News/Europe/Western/Malta

We must be prepared, as we have been told, BREAKING NEWS; Atlantis, Atlantis, Atlantis, Atlantis...........................................................Atlantis? 
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 07:10:32 pm »

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/malta-echoes-of-platos-island-2/
Report Spam   Logged
OliverDSmith

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 10:49:58 am »

Hi,

I'm not "Oliver" and everything spammed by the user Adamska is defamatory. I'm unfortunately the victim of a smear & impersonation campaign by a group of trolls. I left a comment on the other forum where the same Adamska person shows up harassing me:
http://atlantisrisingforums.proboards.com/thread/1065/seriously-follow-socrates-platos-atlantis?page=1&scrollTo=7197

Aside from creating an account to post this, I don't post on these forums. Can a moderator not remove Adamska's defamation?
Report Spam   Logged
Autolocus
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 07:43:59 pm »

The countdown has officially ended, rather than finally supply proof, NIkas has run off, good riddance to yet another hoaxster.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 01:14:47 pm »

Very disappointed that the Malta "find" is yet another apparent Atlantis hoax. It seemed genuine for a time.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Carlos Guemerro
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 11:37:29 pm »

This theory, too, borrow much from the work of the great Georgeos Diaz Montexano. Be not an intellectual vampire, my friend, please credit him this discovery.

Warm Greetings of Carlos
Report Spam   Logged
Cianciola

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 02:36:39 pm »

As wise Carlos says, this theory, too, borrow much from the work of the great Georgeos Diaz Montexano. Please credit him this discovery.
Report Spam   Logged
Critias

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 02:01:01 am »

an article by Nikas in Malta Independent.

http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2017-11-21/newspaper-lifestyleculture/Maltese-temple-builders-and-their-enigmatic-capital-6736181716
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2017, 01:50:02 pm »

My dear Critias, you still owe me an apology. But besides that, I felt that since no one seems to be interested in your posting of Nikas' colossal, and "groundbreaking" article, I would also give you the chance of making another apology. This one though, would be an apology to all those on this site who had, or still have an interest in Plato's Atlantis. And which this general apology would be for your posting of such nonsense that Nikas is renowned for in many of the forums that discuss/discussed Atlantis. This article link you posted on behalf of your old friend and Joker merits only an apology from you. You would understand what I mean, if only you had some real understanding of Plato's work.

Ladies and gentlemen of the "JURY", will no one dare to come forth and give a verdict on this "Capital" accomplishment, a crime, by our old friend Nikas? And I'm taking a liberty in using the term, "old friend", loosely. But, since there has been zero activity on this post by Nikas' accomplice, Critias, as far as anyone providing comments about the article, should we not use this opportunity Critias (Nikas) has so graciously given us with this "unique" Maltese news, to put some life back in this thread? After all, let us not debase the importance of this extraordinarily, breaking news, and unique archeological find by our outstanding "Indiana Jones", and his new adventure of; "The Enigmatic Temples of Atlantis." It seems that Nikas has put "out" so much in getting his "article" printed by this "colossal" news source, and it has been almost a month since he posted the link, but no one has taken the "bait." The search is over, and Atlantis will be raised from the depths of the Maltese territorial waters, but only if the Maltese government will believe, yet, another Atlantis-is-Malta claim. Redirecting my attention from Critias to my dear Nikas, the author, I ask,  don't you see that the Maltese De Salle Student Council has already made you the star of their PLAY? Or shall I address you directly as, my dear Milo? And you can respond with your usual profanity, if you care to respond at all. We missed you around here, Nikas! With all the bad news Trump generates, we could use a few laughs, which you usually provided us with, especially when you vaunted your Etruscan language skills. Well, at least you made me laugh, without speaking for the others. But I'm digressing, and so, back to Milo. Nikas, are you going to be receiving royalties from the proceeds of the play which the Maltese university is staging? After all it's only fair that you would be compenseted, since it seems that they are using your real life-self, in modeling the character, Milo? Did you know about it, and if you did, did you give your consent to them? After all, the character and the plot fits you to the "T", even though it is a very heavy caricature. But, perhaps you have little legal basis for claiming royalties, as both the character and plot resemble you only in your own imagination of grandiosity. See for yourself what this Lasallian Nights for 2017 is all about.

Lasallian Nights is an annual production solely put up by the De La Salle Student Council with the help of the LN Committee. The show comprises of a Scripted Play together with a number of Items (Dances, Songs and Sketches). Approximate running time is 3 hours. Meet Milo Thatch, the famous linguist of ancient languages; obsessed with trying to find the Lost City of Atlantis. Milo is trying to appeal to the De La Salle University (DLSU) board to fund his expedition through which he hopes to find this legendary and extraordinary city, but nobody will listen to him. Well, who would blame them? Something just seems so darn off typical about him! So how is he going to get there? How is he going to prove them wrong as he seeks to uncover all the evidence that the Lost City of Atlantis truly exists? The answer: Indiana Jones, the celebrated archaeologist. After a great amount of convincing (some would readily say pestering) from Milo, they both set sail in search of the fabled Lost City of Atlantis. But does it really exist? And if it does, will they be able to find it? Will things be just as they expected them to be? On your part, are you keen to find out what will happen to Milo and Indiana through this journey? Then we invite you to come and join us for an evening of adventure, talent and excitement. This year's Lasallian Nights will seek to uncover the truth about The Lost City of Atlantis! We assure you a real "whale" of a time!

And may I add that this would be a great time to discuss Atlantis and Malta, since our great head-librarian of Atlantipedia, and Atlantis expertise galore, Mr. O'Connell, as we are told, happens to be vacationing in Malta with his partner at this very time period. Somebody on good speaking terms with Tony O'Connell should tell him to take his partner out to dinner and a show. Lasallian Nights anyone? Why! we could also ask Tony to verify why the Maltese government is not taking Nikas' claims seriously? And Tony, as the Atlantis expert and consultant extraordinaire, could also visit the editor of that news source that "published" Nikas' story, and ask why the editor did not edit out all the nonsense and noncompliance to Plato's story, which Nikas' "article" contained? Or rather, ask why the editor printed the article at all, since everyone on Malta already knows that Plato meant Malta as Atlantis? We know that travel agencies use Atlantis as a coy and, apparently, the Maltese government's Tourism office approves of the use of Atlantis to entice tourism. Why! even hotels in Malta, and the Maltese airline use this "little known" fact in advertising their hotels, to aid in the attracting of guests, and passengers. And the name of "Atlantis" is all over the island, such as at tiny museums, hotels, businesses, etc.

I have listed a few links that shows how Atlantis, and the name of Atlantis, is used for commercial purpose. And for a couple of the links I have also posted some of the contents of the link, once it is opened. Therefore we have much to discuss, if anyone wants to give Nikas the time-of-day he craves. Let us give Nikas the Third Degree, as from the cradle he has been "putting on" those that are not really familiar with Plato and his work. Therefore, I say that, if the supposed article by Nikas was not just an advertisement spot purchased by him, then, it must just be another Maltese small-town paper trying to attract another tourist or two, to help the Maltese economy. Because any serious newspaper, one that should be knowledgeable enough in their small country's history, and how it got its modern name of Malta, should have never printed that junk and bulls**t, about Malta being spelled backwards to arrive at the name Atlas, and which Plato, intentionally, used the name Atlas so that, one day, our genius, language expert, and google-earth expert seer, Nikas, would be able to find Atlantis for us all. That alone should have raised a big RED flag, to indicate that Nikas does not know the difference between Etruscan holes in the ground, and ones in those megalithic stones, which he, as it states: "Furthermore, when asked about the small dots, or depreciation holes, decorating facades at Hagar Qim I was told that it was a type of calendar. I tried to explain to them that they're placeholders for small flashy metal which Greeks called Orichalcum to make the wall shine like fire. They didn't want to listen to me. There was no point in telling them what Orichalcum really was."

Well said Nikas! And I say, as Hermocrates did, "There is no point in, again, telling Nikas that he is just a JOKER, and that he does not know how to "reason" himself out of a paper bag, should he be really serious about it."     

Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta added 2 new photos.
November 19, 2015 ·

DID YOU KNOW?

Lost City of Atlantis

Legend has it that Malta has been a true location for Atlantis. Malta has incredible ancient structures that are now over 9000 years old and according to an orthodox archaeologist potentially be the oldest stone ruins in the world. Malta once had huge animals resembling elephants. This shows evidence of having been destroyed in a huge cataclysmic wave. Author Joseph Ellul and others have proposed that Malta was part of a great civilization of the past, possibly Atlantis. Malta was probably connected to other parts of the Mediterranean when a huge wave from the Atlantic filled the Mediterranean. The island is far too small now to have been Atlantis, but it shows that the Mediterranean was a very different place 12,000 years ago

dailyurbanista.com/2014/10/14/facts-about-visiting-malta/

10 Facts Everyone Should Know Before Visiting Malta

2. Some believe that Malta was part of the Lost City of Atlantis

Over the years, people have suggested dozens of possible locations for the legendary city of Atlantis. Check out this Times of Malta article that discusses the theory.
www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20061114/opinion/is-malta-really-part-of-atlantis.35351

Tuesday, November 14, 2006, 00:00 by Joseph Serracino
Is Malta really part of Atlantis?

It is said that thousands of years ago a sequential number of cataclysmic earthquakes and volcanic eruptions crushed a chain of mountains that once joined Europe and Africa together (Pillars of Herculis). The ocean water disintegrated the lower land that once existed under the Mediterranean Sea.

By time, the ocean water settled and the Mediterranean Sea was created. Obviously, the higher land survived the floods and several islands were formed. Thus, this new basin which came into being and which separated the two great continents became an arena of warfare and conflicts among the powerful maritime nations.

This great catastrophe separated Malta and Gozo from the mainland and, thus, the Maltese islands were formed. Now, according to Plato's dialogues Timaeus and Critias, another catastrophic eruption occurred and the island of Atlantikos (the mother land) was submerged under the sea in the span of a single day and night.

From ancient times, several scholars have written about the existence of Atlantika but, unfortunately, never found its exact location. For the last two centuries this mysterious island confused hundreds of scientists and researchers through their findings. Evidently, these findings shaped new theories and pinpointed different sites around the world as the possible location of Atlantis. These theories hint at various locations in the Mediterranean Sea, such as Crete, Santorini, Cyprus, Malta, Sahara, Sardinia, the Middle East, Troy, the Canary Islands and Ireland in the Atlantic.

To my surprise I found that some of these theories also identify Atlantis in Central and Southern American countries (Bolivia and Peru) because the ruins of some ancient temples, to a certain extent, bear undeniable resemblance to that of Atlantis. Indonesia in the Pacific Ocean is also a possible site!

Unfortunately these assumptions have confused thousands of enthusiastic readers interested in this controversial subject. In Plato's dialogues Timaeus and Critias we find a clear description of what remained of Atlantika. It describes the remains of this once great city as the skeleton of a body due to its scattered remains on a number of small islands. Note that it only indicates a group of islands and not a part of a continent!

Everyone agrees that when Plato, together with Krantor, visited the temple of Neith at Sais, in Egypt, and saw the story of Atlantika engraved on the temple columns he located these remains in the western ocean (what is now referred to as the Mediterranean Sea). His visit to Egypt reaffirmed that Solon's (Athenian statesman and lawgiver) manuscript Atlantikos, written some 200 years before, was a historical fact and not a myth.

It is proven that the Greeks were not a seafaring people. If there was any sort of conflict between the Athenians (east forces) and Atlanteans (west forces), which, ultimately, according to the Egyptian high priest Psonchis in Solon's manuscript Atlantikos, resulted in a military encounter between them on Atlantika soil, it was eventually followed by a catastrophic disaster that submerged this island under the sea.

Therefore, one can conclude that the island of Atlantis was not distant from Greece as presumed by many theories which identify it with the South American continent.

In 1854, Giorgio Grongnet, the renowned Maltese architect, claimed that the Maltese islands are the remnants of Atlantide. This assertion came after an intense research about this enigmatic island which seemed already a controversial subject at his time. One should add that this theory was brought to the fore again by Maltese authors Anton Mifsud (Echoes Of Ploto Island) and Frances Galea (Malta Fdal Atlantis) and through other interesting articles published on local papers and magazines by various writers.

Fortunately, the theory that the Maltese islands in ancient times formed part of a larger island known as Atlantide is gaining acceptance among world-renowned scholars and researchers on this subject. The fact that on the Maltese islands we find several ancient temples (Il-Ggantija, l-Imnajdra, Hagar Qim) and the Hypogeum at Tarxien, proves that these ancient remains are more than a mere evidence that an advanced technological civilisation settled in Malta about 8,000 years ago.

But more than that, the fact that Malta is not so distant from Greece and that the Maltese islands together with the volcanic islands of Pantalleria and Lampedusa fall exactly into the description given by Plato, shows that these islands are part of the skeleton of the country left floating in the central Mediterranean to bear witness of Atlantis.

There are those who think that if this theory is proved scientifically then Malta can surely be referred to as the cradle of civilisation. At the same time, however, it will be a great challenge to local historians to rewrite and update our prehistory.

www.whatson.com.mt/en/home/events/14079/lasallian-nights---atlantis.htm
www.insightvacations.com/us/destinations/malta
www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g190321-d2423143-r171208655-Ghar_Dalam_Cave_and_Museum-Birzebbuga_Island_of_Malta.html
www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g190316-d2208890-r170860507-Atlantis_Diving_Center-Marsalforn_Island_of_Gozo.html

www.carnaval.com/malta/atlantis/
www.malta.com/en/about-malta/did-you-know/malta-and-atlantis
www.simonmamo.com/en/news/news/164/is-malta-the-lost-city-of-atlantis.htm
www.airmalta.com/destinations/malta/blog/detail/Legends-Myths-in-Malta

www.visitmalta.com/en/event-details/2017-01/atlantis-9944
books.google.com/books?id=eDSFkAghU34C&pg=PA191&lpg=PA191&dq=atlantis+and+malta&source=bl&ots=Vu0wXICqkt&sig=z2JG-5dJ1AG6UCcimvwKOjAd9-I&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjpqC2vJHYAhVI0WMKHTiND6g4ChDoAQh4MA0#v=onepage&q=atlantis%20and%20malta&f=false
www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/maltese/en/audiotrack/malta-really-part-atlantis
www.earthgarden.com.mt/workshops/templesmaltaatlantis/
atlantisglobal.org/fellowships/malta

southbaycompass.com/atlantis-found-journey-neolithic-stones-malta/
Atlantis Found: A Journey to the Neolithic Stones of Malta

Malta lies ninety-eight kilometers south of Sicily and is an archipelago that covers 300 square kilometers, of which only three islands are inhabited. The capital, Valetta, has a population of 7,000 with many surrounding suburbs that meld into the city. I visited because I wanted to see their well-preserved neolithic temples that pre-date Stonehenge, the palace of Knossos, and the Egyptian pyramids.

But, of course, I found a treasure trove of so much more. The Greeks settled the island in 700 BC and called it Melite or honey-sweet due to its large population of bees. After the Greeks, Malta became part of the Roman Empire and, according to the Bible’s Acts of the Apostles, St. Paul was shipwrecked here for three months. The city of Rabat still preserves the catacombs where St. Paul purportedly stayed.

By 900 A.D. the Arabs ruled the island, from which the Maltese developed their language. Today, they speak a Semitic tongue and use a Latin script.

After the Arabs, Malta was ruled by a series of monarchs until the Knights of St. John received a perpetual lease in 1530. Now known as the Knights of Malta, this Order built the breathtaking limestone fortifications and watchtowers that still line the inner-harbor around Valetta and its suburbs.

Napoleon captured Malta and he was overthrown by the Maltese thanks to ammunition provided by the Kingdom of Naples, the Kingdom of Sicily, and Great Britain. Malta then came under British rule — the likely reason why the Maltese all speak English so well. They were granted independence in 1964 and today are part of the EU, using the Euro for their currency.

The Neolithic Temples of Malta, however, were the highlight of my visit. Archeologists believe settlers from Sicily first came to the island in 5,200 B.C. At that time, dwarf hippos and dwarf elephants still roamed the area. By about 3,500 B.C. these neolithic people built a myriad of temples (I counted at least seven the Maltese have preserved), but little is known about these ancient inhabitants, except for what we see in these stones.

Tarxien is located in the middle of a bustling city only a few kilometers from the Valetta harbor. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, you can walk to an inner temple where a hearth, an offering bowl, and columns give visual evidence that this must have once been an architectural wonder.

In the southwest region of the island about a one-hour bus ride from Valetta, the Hagar Qim stands on a ridge overlooking the sea. Scientists have created a large tent that cover the stones in order to preserve them from the elements. A trilithon structure (two vertical stones supporting a third stone set horizontally on the top) leads to a passageway, in the middle of which a circular area seems to have been used for offerings and rituals.

A small walk down the hill leads to yet another temple, known as Mnajdra. Again protected by a tent, some of these mammoth stones have markings, which archeologists believe may have been a calendar. One passageway going through a trilithon leads to an inner sanctuary. Here, during the summer and winter solstice, the sun shines in a point at the center of the temple. During the equinoxes, the sun runs through the passageway in a perfect line.

Interestingly, this neolithic culture vanished in 2,500 B.C. and the island remained uninhabited by humans until the Greeks. Archeologists stipulate that the people disappeared due to famine or disease, rather than war because no weapons were found in the area. But who were these people that knew so much about architecture and astronomy? And what really happened to them? Some speculate that Plato’s account of lost Atlantis might have been this lost culture in Malta.

grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?7,1103325

Atlantis in Malta
Author: Moira Eleven ()
Date: May 17, 2017 03:10PM
There is new fiction book on Atlantis in Malta. It is a novel but it presents the case for Atlantis in Malta.

Here is a customer review :

A fascinating journey guided by wise women from ancient matriarchal times to the present. This is much more than an adventure, although it is that too. In the search for understanding of the forces in our world and for the location of Atlantis, the heroine reveals her extensive knowledge of archaeology, art, culture, geology and the ancient temples of Malta, built before the pyramids. There are spiritual encounters which help the reader to understand the huge scope of elemental forces and the powers that shape our lives. Malta is an essential part of the story, but we visit Egypt, Mali, Libya and places of deep culture. It's both entertaining and informative.
Atlantis and The Legendary Blue Queen

www.visionsdureel.ch/en/film/atlantis

Synopsis

Between the Atlantis of Plato and the version depicted in a 1970s American science-fiction series, Ben Russell weaves an eloquent structure of accounts and utopias. With a close relationship to his previous opus Let Us Persevere... as much from a structural point of view as in terms of the key question of happiness, Atlantis is a documentary portrait of the mythic island, imaginary or lost, found in the singular Malta. “Instead of trying to verify or undermine local Maltese claims to that island's existence as Atlantis, I decided that I'd believe that it was and work from there. What would utopia be in the present? How would it be limited by a vision of the past? This is where Plato and Thomas More came in.” (BR). The film takes inspiration from More’s position on utopia and on men as dominant creatures; moreover, it widely extends the spectre of its subject via its own form. Through a fragmented narrative that never gives up the intelligibility of his discourse, the filmmaker returns to another of his preferred research areas: trance; perhaps produced here by the magnetic beauty of the film.

Emilie Bujès

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: