Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:15:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Observations about Morocco and Eastern Atlantis

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations about Morocco and Eastern Atlantis  (Read 1669 times)
Horus

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 09:45:08 pm »

I think that Alberto and BlueHue should debate their theories--

ARABIA vs. MALTA -to the death!

What a match this would be between two obsessed guys with axes to grind obsessively about their cherished ideas.  And too much time on their hands.  Now that would be really funny to watch!!!   
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
nikas
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 09:46:06 pm »

Boy I sure got you all worked up! LOL!

A couple of years ago I had the time to deal with characters like you (on HoA) but not anymore.  Nor do I have the interest.  Nor do I know ancient Greek, but I know enough Plato to know that Malta is the wrong size, and in the wrong place, and that 12,000 years ago that part of Mediterranean was dry and fused with Europe and Africa and not an a island at all!  

You see I am posting facts and you just repeat your  selfglorification comments. How you destroy me and how great you’re…
I just posted at the other post facts that proved you wrong that Atlantis is not in Atlantica. Deal with it. If you did once at your site then you can do it again. Come on call your friend Wells to fedex your balls back and be aman and deal with my facts.

Occasionally, I check replies to my old messages here at Atlantis Online but I don't spend very much time here at all and IF I did it would be spent on other more interesting threads -not this one nor your Malta thread.  And I don't go around debunking theories but you approached me in the first place via email bragging that your "Super Atlantis" theory (as you called it) was supreme and that you wouldn't believe in it anymore if we could find even one problem with it.  Well we found several and the rest is history.
You see what kind of person you’re? You claimed that you destroy my theory, now you’re saying you don’t do that? So what is it? Also you see how you change comments? I told you 2-3 times that that was a trick, I dint mean it. Was something smart on my part to make YOU people worked up! And you fell for it. I need it peer review of my work.

I brought up that history here (with a smither of ridicule) when you decided to reply to my posting of Joseph's parallel translations of Timaeus by calling it all "trash"!  Look it up if you have any doubt.
I saw it I replied and the comments wasn’t ever posted.

No one's posts have EVER been edited at Halls of Atlantis -that is a absolutely a false accusation (!) and a lame (and bogus) excuse for leaving that forum and not returning now to resume the debate.  You were never once treated rudely there either.  

I never said that I was treated rudely; you see how you put words in my mouth? I said comments were slightly changed or not posted. To be more precise, I don’t remember posting many comments on it rather communicating via e-mail with someone who claimed that he can decipher ancient Greek. I don’t remember his name but you said his name is Wells. He was posting the e-mails as he wanted and never posted the one where I pointed out my opinion about his translations. I don’t recall to have chatted with anyone else than that guy. So if you say that we talked than you're that guy. There is no other explanation.

I
only offer that place to resume because the points have already been posted there and Joseph is already a member there. I doubt I have time to contribute much more to a new debate there either and haven't posted in my own forum for a few months.  It would be up to Joseph to finish you off.  If you want to invite Joseph to join this message board to engage you in a formal debate here then that is your affair.  I truly DON'T CARE what you choose to do!
Why are you so afraid? Right here right now? Go and disprove me on my factual arguments I just posted on the other form, rather than trying to avoid it by stupid comments with question if I know where Malta is? Is that an intelligent question?

You have a big chip on your shoulder man, and seriously need to take a chill pill!  

Actually I already did my part and posted my fact, is your turn to take the pill and chill and think before you comment on it.

Take care! Feliz Navidad
Oh, I already took care of.
P.S If you comment and repeat yourself over and over again about Hall of Atlantis and not just defend your claim that Atlantis was in Atlantic Ocean than you’re a child in mind and I AM waisting my time with you.
I wouldn’t have said it better myself:
Feliz Navidad!

Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 09:55:51 pm »

I think that Alberto and BlueHue should debate their theories--

ARABIA vs. MALTA -to the death!

What a match this would be between two obsessed guys with axes to grind obsessively about their cherished ideas.  And too much time on their hands.  Now that would be really funny to watch!!!   
I rather debate with him than you. I don’t approve with his theory but I truly respect his opinion. None of us is as obsessed as you. You’re the one who came in here and started self glorification. How you’re the one who disproved someone theory who is entirely based on a language that you just admitted not to have any knowledge of.
As for all the time, well aren’t you a hero member? And you have almost as many messages as me and I have been a member of this forum at least 6 months before you. This is the only forum I come once in while to talk about Atlantis (except from my site where I take care of). So you do the math Kido who has more time at hand.
You still are avoiding my debate. If you’re man enough you should stop personal attacks and just concentrate on the only argument at the moment. Was Atlantis in Atlantic or not?
P.S. I have debated with blue hue few times, and it was pleasant. You know I never thought I would see a paranoid person since Montexano. Boy was I wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 10:08:55 pm »

I haven't laughed this HARD in awhile -I feel like I should thank you Nikas!!!  ROFL!!! 

A hundred posts in a year reflects too much time on my hands?  LOL!  Nevermind the fact that they were almost all made during the span of the first month or two that I was here.  Yeah, youre a genius all right -please post some more funny things for us to read!  hehehe   

And I was just starting to think that I was wasting time writing on this board tonight but this has real entertainment value! 

Yes, I'm soooo scared of your theory over here! Quakin' in boots! 
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
nikas
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 10:15:00 pm »

I haven't laughed this HARD in awhile -I feel like I should thank you Nikas!!!  ROFL!!! 

A hundred posts in a year reflects too much time on my hands?  LOL!  Nevermind the fact that they were almost all made during the span of the first month or two that I was here.  Yeah, youre a genius all right -please post some more funny things for us to read!  hehehe   

And I was just starting to think that I was wasting time writing on this board tonight but this has real entertainment value! 

Yes, I'm soooo scared of your theory over here! Quakin' in boots! 

This is the last time I am talking to you. Either lets see how you can prove me wrong or else I have beter things to do. If you dont take up the challenge that means that I am right and you're wrong. End of Story. If I dont reply to you anymore it means you didnt have the balls to go up my challenge. Have a nice evening.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 10:26:28 pm »

Hi guys ,

Hehe ,  Horus is correct about one thing - that was quite entertaining  Smiley

If I could comment in the aftermath of that little exchange . The score is something like Horus 10 vs Nikas 0.

Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 11:20:23 am »

Dear........... BIANCA
 is justly annoyed
when I butt in her Marocco-sightseeing Topics( Iapologize for gate-crashing !)
and tells me too have my own topic to tell my own theory THERE,
 but if she ever visited my Threads it is to tell Ras Aden off
 she is a Picture buff!  and has no time to construct an apart-Theory of her own.

She wants me, NOT trying to " debuke" her theory of Atlantis in N-W- Africa!
N-w Africa as Atlantis is clearly a FALLACY invented by King Ferdinand-1 of SPAIN.

But mr WELLs thinks it wasAtlantis, which is seconded by
 QOAIS, SMILEY ROCKESSENCE and perhaps NIKIAS because
the LAND of Atlantis seems to be a place, far-off separated
from the CAPITALon the Isle of Atlantis.

It is like MARS had conquerred America and could only send troops
 directly from Mars not from any of the occupied States!

And when Atlantis attacked Europe in Greece it came out-of the Atlantic-Ocean.

Is'nt that a very broad statement ?

it means that no occupied part of Europe(  except South-Italy-and Greece.)
was used to stage a diversial Attack whilst the Fleet was visibly underway to Athens
and no part of occupied Europe served as a supplie-line or revatailsation point

Clearly mr WELLS Atlantis in view of the Mediterranean Sea,( not Atlantic Ocean !)
cannot be Plato's Atlantis ! Neither can NIKIAS' Malta because also  not in the Atlantic.!

Can dear mr NIKIAS re-tell me why his MALTA is in the Mediterranean and not in the Atlantic ??
if Plato keeps talking about the Atlantic Isle Realm, that what doesa the Capital of Atlantis on MALTA ?

and not in Plato's Atlantic Sea ?! In a nutshell please I must have missed that point@!

Sincerely " BlueHue " dd 22 Dec-2008 Cry Shocked Cry
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:17:30 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 11:39:12 am »

BlueHue

Chi, va Piano, va Sano Chi, va Sano, va-Lontano

Re: Observations about Morocco and Eastern Atlantis
« Reply #36 on: Today at 12:20:23 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear...........BIANCA is annoyed when I butt in her Marroco-Topics
and tells me too have my own topic to tell my own theory THERE

NOT trying to " debuke" her theory of Atlantuis in N-W- Africa 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLUE HUE:

ONCE AND FOR ALL:

I have never ESPOUSED any theory here or elsewhere. 

For now, I have decided to keep MY  theory to myself!!!

I simply RESEARCH, understand?  It seems to me that you are the only one that does NOT want
to understand THAT!!! 

Of course, I favour threads that are more in line with my way of thinking.  Your theory does NOT,
so stop pestering me.  I am not going to change my mind, I am old enough to be YOUR mother and
I have had a longer time to pursue things, plus I am a 'cranky old lady'.......

Now, be nice and leave me alone, ALREADY!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2008, 10:18:48 pm »

You tell him, Bianca, to quote James Bramwell, "if it it isn't in the Atlantic Ocean, it isn't Atlantis!'
Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 09:10:59 am »

You tell him, Bianca, to quote James Bramwell, "if it it isn't in the Atlantic Ocean, it isn't Atlantis!'

Who the heck is James Bramwell? bc he said it doesn't make it true. I already prove it that it can't be in Atlantic Ocean.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 10:33:26 am »

LOST ATLANTIS

By Bramwell, James (Author)

Also Available in: (See All Available Editions)
- 2005 Paperback,

Lost Atlantis

The tradition of the lost Atlantis, one of the most romantic stories that has come down to us from the ancient world, has stirred the imagination of men ever since Plato wrote his famous dialogue, the Critias.

In this volume Bramwell discusses the evidences of truth behind the legend. He examines the writings and conclusions of authorities from Plato to Ignatius Donnelly to Lewis Spence, and sets forth the most recent scientific findings and chief modern theories. But, he also recognizes that for many the real value of Atlantis is as a symbol of a Golden Age, and of escape to a world of magic and romance.

Contents:

The Story of Atlantis;
Through A Glass Darkly;
Then Face to Face;
Vast Shady Hills; and
Lost Dreams and Plaintive Hopes.

Publisher: Kessinger Publishing
ISBN: 0548007144
EAN: 9780548007143
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:43:30 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2009, 10:49:09 am »

CAROLYN:

Don't you find it AMAZING that all these 'armchair atlantologists' have NOT read all there is

published about Atlantis?

That's like the so-called archaeologists that stop digging when they reach the CLOVIS STRATUM.....

I am nobody, nor am I 'obsessed' with Atlantis, yet I have read/own most of what's been
written by others, including many articles which, BTW, are to be found right here at AO....

SYKES especially!!!
Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2009, 12:27:48 pm »

Dear........ CAROLYN,

YES , I admit that I am an ' armchair Atlantologist'

and because of premature Alzheimer's disease I forget most of what I have(-n't) read.

It is like Famous or Capable Managers,
after some " Bussines-Master-School, "
they don't have to be professional scholars anymore to get compagnies goiing smoothly.

Fault with the MAINstream atlantologist is that they overlooked important things
that SEEMINGLY have no report with Atlantology: like the wanderings of ancient Placenames.

How I found the original Atlantis is childish easy:
\Anyone not suffering from Alzheimer's disease could execute this " Dead- Reconing "

I First wondered whether ATLANTIS is the original name for the REGION:
Indeed PLATO says that the original name was EGYPTIAN and for sake of conveniance

the Priest( Called Sonchis of Sais, by Diodorus Siculus.)translated the MEANING( ??)into( Attic-) GREEK !
but failed for convenience to deliver or keep the origional Egyptian name !
Apparently for the SATIRICAL-contence of the SAGA it doesn't matter( Does it ?)

Secondly I wondered whether Atlantis was actually "Attic -Greek" ? BECAUSE:after Plato's death in 347 bc
The Manuscript was stored by a nephew for 50 years in a dry cellar in Milete.
meaning that when surfaced the Attic -form of Greek was FORBIDDEN and replaced by KOINE- Greek.

Thirdly: Didn't PLATO mention that in the -KNOWN- World Atlantis was the Mighties and richest City ?
Thus when the geographical knowledge of the Greeks expanded westwards because of PERSIAN-Taxations
the Virtual land of Atlantis wasalso set on the most Western fringes or the western EDGES of the THEN" known- WORLD.

Do you get my Drift ?

Greek knowledge here tells herself that the PRESENT Location of Atlantis( in Morocco or SPAIN let ALONE AMERICA !!)
is NOT the " original" position !

Furthermore we are told that
 ca. 250 bc ERATOSTHENES " Transferred " the PILLARS(= meaning not only the Column but including the Gadeira-STRAIT.aswell)
He did this for Political Propaganda/ expediency but the Atlantologists ignored this incident.
They also took for Granted that HERODOTUS was just a BAD Cartographer drawing the River NILE paralell to the  'Media- Terran-Nean- SEA"!
I have not met an AO Forum member who took serious notice of the outstanding ETHIOPIAN Placenames in Northern Africa

QOAIS is loath to admit
that the original Pillars would have been the Bab -el- Mandab STRAIT, because she favours the BAY of SYRTE of Mr WELLS' theory
Mr WELLS thinks that the GEOLOGICALLY uplifted FEZZAN region of N-Algeria in N-Africa was the original ISLE of Atlantis-Metropolis

MELOS & ATHOS and the STRAIT of MESSINA(= Sicilly/ Syracuse.) were once also considered to be the " PILLARS "

CONCLUSION:

BEFORE 250 bc the " PILLARS" were elsewhere in my opinion in the STRAIT,
connecting the GULF of ADEN with the RED - SEA ! here called the " INDIAN- BOSPHOROS
The "PILLARS "connected as a narrow Harbourlike STRAIT the TRUE(= Red-)Sea with the REAL(= Oceanic.)Sea

The Name Atlantic Ocean is an Amalgam of TWO SEA names: WORLD- SEA and ATLANTIC Ocean.
Indeed the WORLD Sea was surrounding the - KNOWN-World, BUT
the OCEAN called' Atlantic' was itself " Enclosed" by a ' boundless-Continent'

CARTOGRAPHERS could not distinguise the WORLD- Sea from the Atlantic-Sea/ Ocean, THEREFORE,
they Later confused the Ocean of Atlantis,with the WORLD- Sea. Thus the original Atlantic Ocean was the RED- SEA.

Atlantic 'Ocean'or Sea, in GREEK  Ancient  Cartography was the Strait or connecting sea,
the " SEA of ATLAS " = originally: Atlantikoum- PELAGOUS.( a 'Braz de Mar' Courtesy of ' GEORGEOS')

Observations about Historical Morocco:
More proof of Herodotus Aithiopia MAP "dropped "on Northern Africa is the Name MOROCCO & MAURETANIA
not from " MARUKESH " but handicapped Latin from :" MARE- OCCIdentalis " and" LAND of the WEST"(= West RETENUE.)
" EAST " Retenue is ARABY and since " Atlantis" was moved further Westwards in later Times ARABY (might) be the original location,

The KNOWN world Sea surrounded the KNOWN- World of ARABY
My theory is thus that ARABY was' Atlantis ' and Atlantis Capital Poseidonis was ADEN.
RAS - AIDAN is a derivate of:  POS- AIDON Plato also refered to Atlantis City as Built within a hollow volcano.

NON of the Artists IMPRESSIONS have shown this: that Atlantis was surrounded by a Low Mountain that
plunged oblique into the Sea, on both sides of the CITY thus " Horse-Shoe-Mountains" !!
Only ONE English translator mentioned this( but I ignore which one it was.)Maybe you or ATALANTE could tell us/me ?

These were the SAME " Mountains that protected Atlantis from the ( Cold freezing nightly desert-)NORTH winds
in other words: Atlantis allready suffered an Earlier CARACLYSM that had already SUBSIDED the " ISLAND "
and the inside was refurbished by a King Called: PELGASKUS, whilst the other Atlantoii were away"  conquerring Europe "!

BECAUSE LYBIA & ASIA were thus elsewhere before 250 bc,
in Plato's time Lybia was:" Aithiopia-sub sive Lybia " and ASIA was:Asia-Major
which was the original name for Araby which later changed to: ADEN(= Hedjaz& Yemen. )
in the Koran Surat 89 the City of Atlantis  is ADEN.( Meaning: White or Golden City.)

To Summarize,
 by false map projections the AITHIOPIA Map of HERODOTUS with Atlantis Location,
was placed or Transferred to northern-Africa making MORO)CCO and SPAIN Plato's Atlantis
( later " Extended" to: America !)

Dear CAROLYN,
 I din't mention the usual ( thus false-)observations, I just found this information
 by" reading inbetween the Lines." A pity for the less observant Atlantologists
who laboured on a false assumption and are still happily barking-up the wrong tree.

I humbly appologize for Placing this "Observation on MOROCCO " in the Wrong TOPIC

The AO-Forum members will have to get used to Atlantis in ARABY in 2009 and at Santorini !

Sincerely " BlueHue " dd 10 Jan.2009

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 01:37:14 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Wind

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 05:50:28 pm »

Bianca I believe you when you say that you've had a longer time to pursue things, I can tell just by your posts that you've done a lot of research.  I'd love to hear your theories some time Smiley.   
I spend much of my time researching the ancient legends and stories, our planet holds so many mysteries that it sometimes seems unwilling to give up, but I'm sure that if we dig deep enough we can uncover the answers we seek.

Wind Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2009, 06:26:53 pm »

Well, Wind, the reason I keep my opinions pretty well to myself is pretty obvious:

I am not so 'obsessed' by Atlantis that I want more confrontations than I encounter, as it is.....

While I'd love it if someone came up with some CONCRETE proof that Atlantis did exist, there is
so much yet to research, investigate  and discover about other 'things' and other places, don't you agree?

It would be a pretty dismal world if we concentrated only on one subject, even here at AO.

Furthermore, even with Atlantis, that applies.

Are you acquainted with Sykes, the foremost Atlantologist of our times?

Well, at the end of his life, he concluded that Atlantis was so influential that it was pretty well
EVERYWHERE. 

I have come to believe him, more and more......
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: