Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 12:56:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ghostly face appears in haunted tour photo

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghostly face appears in haunted tour photo  (Read 125 times)
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« on: November 14, 2016, 01:56:11 am »

Ghostly face appears in haunted tour photo
Posted on Monday, 7 November, 2016

Newsham Park Hospital. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 John Bradley
The unexpected extra was discovered in a photo taken during a recent tour of an abandoned hospital.
Phil Barron had been leading a 32-strong group of paranormal enthusiasts on a tour of the allegedly haunted Newsham Park Hospital in Liverpool when the photograph was taken.

It wasn't until the image was uploaded online however that the ghostly addition was noticed.

"I took the snap and then put my phone away and during the break three hours later I sent it over to the office to be uploaded and thought nothing more of it," said Barron.

"It was only the following day when I was woken by a flurry of instant messages and saw the number of comments on the post I had a proper look at the photo."

"There's been no Photoshop work - I just lightened the picture a little as it was quite dark."

The creepy face is near the center between the two furthest rows (see Tweets above/below.)

Additional close-ups of the image can also be viewed - here.

"I've seen shadows walking around people, seen a glass move on a Ouija board I've heard knocks and bangs that are really loud when people aren't there," said Barron.

"I've never actually seen a full apparition - I think that's the holy grail for most people."

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:15:18 am »

Zombie-like phantom photobombs visitor tour at an old orphanage in an image so eerie even the ghost hunters say they're spooked

A team of ghost hunters went on a tour around an old Victorian orphanage
    They posed for a picture which was photobombed by an apparent 'ghost'
    The corpse-like face resembles the woman from the horror film The Ring

By Abe Hawken For Mailonline

Published: 05:45 EST, 7 November 2016 | Updated: 04:00 EST, 8 November 2016

shares

View comments

Ghost hunters on a haunted hospital tour were stunned to see that a picture of them had been photobombed by an eerie corpse-like woman smiling at the camera. 

The disturbing face, which resembles the ghost from the 2002 horror film The Ring, seemed to appear in the middle of the mysterious picture.

Host Phil Barron, 45, was leading the 32-strong group at the abandoned Newsham Park Hospital in Liverpool when he unwittingly snapped the photograph. 

The photogenic spook turned up at the beginning of the night before the ghostly gang, led by events company Haunted Happenings, had the chance to summon the spirits at the former Victorian orphanage.
Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:16:05 am »

The disturbing face, which resembles the famous ghost from the 2002 horror film The Ring, seemed to appear in the middle of the mysterious picture
Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 02:17:10 am »

The 32-strong group visited the abandoned Newsham Park Hospital in Liverpool (pictured)

Mr Barron said: 'I took the snap and then put my phone away and during the break three hours later I sent it over to the office to be uploaded and thought nothing more of it.

'It was only the following day when I was woken by a flurry of instant messages and saw the number of comments on the post I had a proper look at the photo.

'There's been no Photoshop work - I just lightened the picture a little as it was quite dark and sent it over.'

Mr Barron said that despite going on such expeditions for the last 12 years he still gets a thrill from going on tours like this one, which they did at Halloween.

He added: 'I'm very lucky go to lots of places and experience different things.

'People think that we are immune to it but I get just as excited and apprehensive when something happens that you just can't explain.
Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:17:38 am »

'I've seen shadows walking around people, seen a glass move on a Ouija board I've heard knocks and bangs that are really loud when people aren't there.

'I've never actually seen a full apparition - I think that's the holy grail for most people.

'I've no idea what it is - but I'm very interested to find out.'

The orphanage dates back to the Victorian era and was opened in 1874 to support and educate the orphans of British seamen.

Legend has it that conditions there were harsh and cruel and after being converted into a hospital it's now home to a maze of corridors, wards, accommodation blocks, chapel and even a morgue.

Mr Barron said: 'We had a very active evening that night.

'During table tipping, where you ask the spirit to move the table, there was movement, guests felt things touching them and the Ouija board had activity too.'
The face appeared from nowhere and even the event organisers were spooked by the face
Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 02:18:20 am »

The face appeared from nowhere and even the event organisers were spooked by the face
Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 02:19:25 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 02:19:35 am »

The spooky building was an old Victorian orphanage which is now now home to a maze of corridors, wards, accommodation blocks, chapel and even a morgue

Founder of Haunted Happenings Hazel Ford said she was shocked to see what appears to be a ghostly figure standing in the middle of the picture.

Ms Ford said: 'If someone can de-bunk it and prove what's caused this to happen I'm not going to argue with them.

'I'm not prepared to say it is paranormal or not at this stage - we just don't know.

'We've stripped it down to prove it's not been edited. We've emailed everyone who attended that night but no-one's come forward to say it's them.

'Some suggested it could be a skull on someone's t-shirt but we don't think it's that either.

'The size of the face is totally out of proportion to everyone else in the picture. Lots of things about it don't add up, it's really strange.

'Fundamentally I would like to know what the photo shows and that it's not just some poor lady who looks a bit ill.

'To all those saying it's Photoshop I can categorically assure you it's not - we've no interest in doing so.'
Report Spam   Logged
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 02:20:00 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3912692/Zombie-like-phantom-photobombs-visitor-tour-old-orphanage-image-eerie-ghost-hunters-say-spooked.html#ixzz4PKAKVMak
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: