Atlantis Online
August 23, 2019, 03:20:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Cryptid creatures from dark domains

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptid creatures from dark domains  (Read 117 times)
Pax Unum

« on: November 14, 2016, 12:29:22 am »

THE HOLLYWOOD HELLHOUND

Michele Lowe is a paranormal researcher who relates a fascinating personal experience in "Cryptid Creatures From Dark Domains."

"When I was in my late teens, early twenties," she writes, "I used to hang out with my friends, like most people in Southern California. But I was a little weird. I loved all things Hollywood. I would recruit my friends all the time to go with me up to Hollywood to hang out."

Lowe first recounts a few Hollywood ghost stories, like hauntings by "Superman" actor George Reeves and Paul Bern, the husband of blond bombshell actress Jean Harlow. Both Reeves and Bern committed suicide and their troubled spirits can find no rest. Along with cruising the streets where ghosts allegedly materialized on a regular basis, Lowe and her friends were curious about seeing the house at 10050 Cielo Drive, where the Manson family had murdered pregnant actress Sharon Tate and several of her friends and peers.

They had to drive up a steep and narrow driveway before reaching the home's iron gate, which was where the first body was discovered the morning after the killings in 1969.

"The feeling of being so close to where such a horrific crime was committed," she continues, "was very sobering. The atmosphere was very heavy there, and it just didn't feel right. So we left."

Lowe writes that they decided to explore some of the other Hollywood neighborhoods, consoled by the bright lights and a more cheerful ambience.

It was then that a giant black dog came charging at the car.

"It was huge," she recalled, "and had this very thick black fur. The dog's back and head easily came up to the window of the car."

Lowe and a female friend screamed in panic while Cuz Dave, the driver, hit the gas pedal. Even when the car reached 35 mph, the dog had no problem keeping up the pace.

"It was literally right next to the car," Lowe writes, "looking at us as if it was out to kill! It was barking violently as we tried to drive away in sheer terror. We drove about a mile or so before Dave finally slowed down and turned into another neighborhood so we could calm down and regroup. Just as we were starting to calm down, the giant black dog literally appeared out of nowhere and came charging at the car.

"We again screamed and Dave took off again. We could not believe this was happening. There was no way that dog could have kept up with us when Dave took off out of that last neighborhood over a mile away! We quickly got out of that neighborhood and again lost the crazed dog. This time, though, we didn't stop. We went straight home."

Many readers, according to Lowe, might mistakenly think the young people were only dealing with someone's pet. But she counters that assumption, saying she had never seen a dog so enormous. Its speed was also mind blowing, since it ran right next to the car without straining to keep up.

"It was clear the dog could have run even faster if it wanted to," Lowe writes. "And then there is the fact that we drove off as fast as we could a mile or more away to another neighborhood and were there only a couple of minutes when, literally out of nowhere, the dog appeared again and started charging us at full speed. How could it even find us again? Even though we didn't understand it then, we still knew that what happened was not normal."

Over the ensuing years, Lowe began to study the paranormal in a quest for answers to the brush with the supernatural she and her friends had shared.

"Knowing what I know now," she reasons, "I believe that what we encountered was a hellhound. I had heard of them before but didn't know what they were. So I did some research and this is what I found: A hellhound is a supernatural dog, usually very large with thick black fur. They are unnaturally strong and fast and have red eyes. Sometimes the eyes are yellow. It is said that they are assigned to guard the entrance to the home of the dead, like graveyards or burial grounds. They also have other duties to do with the afterlife, like hunting down lost souls. They can also be an omen of death."
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: