Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 11:38:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Man keeps vigil for Siberia's Labynkyr Devil

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man keeps vigil for Siberia's Labynkyr Devil  (Read 442 times)
Netherworld
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 10:43:37 pm »

Andrey pictured with a rare visitor. Picture: Ykt.ru

'Every day I wake up 6 am. Before the lake froze, I used to either swim or had a cold water bucket; now I rub myself with snow.

'About 7am I have breakfast and go to chop wood.

'The sun rises about 8am and around lunch time I go and check fishing nets, then walk around the lake and try to climb mountains.

'This is my way to bring some kind of diversity into the day. Every day I walk about five or seven kilometres, not far.

'Every day I write a bit to add to my book, and also keep a daily log of water level and air temperature.'

How does he keep warm? Andrey was gifted a kukhlyanka  - a coat typical for people in northeastern Siberia, made from two layers or either reindeer, or dog, or marine animal skin.

Andrey walked from Tomtor to lake Labynkyr; the journey took him 10 days. Picture: The Siberian Times

Andrey Solovyev keeps a lonely all-winter vigil at Lake Labynkyr in search of the legendary Labynkyr
Tags:

Labynkyr devil
    lake Labynkyr
    Yakutia

Bookmark and share
Tweet
Add your comment
We welcome a healthy debate, but do not accept offensive or abusive comments. Please also read 'Siberian Times' Privacy Policy

Name

Town/Country

Add your comments
1,000 characters left
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our readers. 'Siberian Times' reserves the right to pre-moderate some comments.

Control code*

[Control code]
Display another code

Type the code

* obligatory

Features
Call of the wild - the beauty of Jack London Lake in eastern Russia

Named in the Stalin era after the American novelist, journalist, and social activist, enjoy the stunning nature of this remote paradise in Magadan region.
Comments (2)
Add to My Stories
New signs of Siberia's Nessie? A dark creature in the lake and broken fishing nets

Andrey Solovyev keeps a lonely all-winter vigil in Yakutia in search of the legendary Labynkyr Devil.
Report Spam   Logged
Netherworld
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Netherworld
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 10:44:53 pm »

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/features/f0268-new-signs-of-siberias-nessie-a-dark-creature-in-the-lake-and-broken-fishing-nets/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: