Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:37:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

a 3D model of the city of Atlantis.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a 3D model of the city of Atlantis.  (Read 481 times)
nikas

« on: August 18, 2016, 09:55:07 am »

I'm just wondering how accurate can be if the details are to be fitted to Malta. Plato describes a huge place.

It depends on what we’re talking about. Are we talking about Atlantis? Then Malta is too big to be Atlantis. What Plato is talking about (huge) is not Atlantis. I know you’re confused at this point. Let me explain:

The English version (translation) is very accurate when it describes the place, nevertheless, when it comes to the location of this place and the size …. Is horrible. Imagine a translation of a translation - Ancient Greek to Latin and then into English. The Ancient Greek version talks about 2 places.

ATLANTIDA (Ατλαντιδα) and Atlantis (Ατλαντις). The English version (both books) uses (only) the word Atlantis. The ancient Greek version uses both, and the word Atlantis is used only once. Surprise! And that is at the moment when it talks about the destruction of the city-island not the country island. So Atlántida is what everyone is thinking about, the Island of Atlantis, which was a big Island (Dekapoli-10 cities) plus the huge plain. Atlantis is a small Island and is only the capital. Don’t believe me? Let’s see what Plato really said:

Timaeus: (25e)
ἐν δὲ δὴ τῇ Ἀτλαντίδι νήσῳ ταύτῃ μεγάλη συνέστη καὶ θαυμαστὴ δύναμις βασιλέων,
atlantidi niso. Not Atlantis, pay attention to the word island (νήσῳ) niso

Critias: (108e)
 οἱ τῆς Ἀτλαντίδος νήσου βασιλῆς, ἣν δὴ Λιβύης καὶ Ἀσίας μείζω …….
Atlantidos nisou Again no Atlantis. The word for Island here is nisou.

Critias: (113c)
νῆσον Ποσειδῶν τὴν Ἀτλαντίδα λαχὼν ἐκγόνους αὑτοῦ κατῴκισεν ἐκ θνητῆς γυναικὸς
Atlantida, not Atlantis ….

Critias: (113e)
Ἀτλαντίδα πᾶσαν δέκα μέρη κατανείμας τῶν μὲν πρεσβυτάτων τῷ προτέρῳ
Atlantida

Now, look at the only instance when he mentions the name Atlantis:
Timaeus: (25d)

ἥ τε Ἀτλαντὶς νῆσος ὡσαύτως κατὰ τῆς θαλάττης δῦσα ἠφανίσθη:
Atlantis nisos

here is a link of the ancient Greek writings:
http://www.atlantis-scout.de/atlantis-timaeus-critias-greek.htm

As you noticed, the use of word Atlántida {land of Atlas} (and its variations) is used to describe the entire Place, including the capital. The word Atlantis {of Atlas} describes only the capital. If you see at my examples I have underlined also the words for island: Nison, nisw, nisou and nisos. Atlantida is Nison (huge island) Atlantis is Nisos (small Island). The English version doesn’t contain anything like that. They’re all called Atlantis Island, which is ridiculous. BTW Atlantis and Atlantida are not names; they’re description, like Fatherland….. the real name was ATLAS.

When you say huge what do you mean? The unit of measurement used by Plato is stadia, and believe me; no one knows the real size of stadia. The ancient Greeks had different stadias, fluctuating from 80 meters to 220 meters. The Olympic stadia was about 185 meters. Now think about it, how can the Atlantians (that the Greeks knew nothing about it) would have the same unit of measurements as the Greeks? Every civilization had its own unit of measurement.

Let’s say it was 185 meters. That makes the city of Atlantis 127 stadia (~ 25 kilometres). Do you think a city of that size would exist 12 k ago? Also, the measurements of the palace of Poseidon are 1 stadia by half. Could it be that a building of 180 meters by 90 meters really be constructed? These were primitive people, compared even to the Minoan civilization. Very advanced for their time of course but primitive. The only thing that they would surpass any other civilization, even us today, was the use of Megalithic rock. They would work it like no one else; they would lift it like no one else …. they were stone age people, with minimal knowledge of metals.

Also, we don't have any actual description of the Citadel's design, only the land it was placed on. The Temple of Poseidon's "strange barbaric appearance."  That's pretty vague, isn't it?

Of course we do:

I will go with the English version here as the description of the place is very accurate:
Plato Critias

The palaces in the interior of the citadel were constructed on this wise:-in the centre was a holy temple dedicated to Cleito and Poseidon, which remained inaccessible, and was surrounded by an enclosure of gold; this was the spot where the family of the ten princes first saw the light, and thither the people annually brought the fruits of the earth in their season from all the ten portions, to be an offering to each of the ten. Here was Poseidon's own temple which was a stadium in length, and half a stadium in width, and of a proportionate height, having a strange barbaric appearance…..
and there is more ….

As for the Temple of Poseidon, I haven’t done it yet on my model as I am not sure of its appearance. I believe to have been round temple with rectangle columns (barbaric appearance). As in opposite of the Egyptian/Greek style which is rectangle temple with round columns. Ironically, only Malta is the place that contains this kind of temples.

And last, but not least, I have found the city in Malta, which is broken into pieces and landslide it down into the depths of the sea. The biggest piece I found is about 1 km by 1.5 km. it includes most of the citadel and parts of the first 2 rings. There are no buildings only the foundations, a bridge connecting all 3, a channel just next to the bridge, on the right side. Wish I can post the image, a clear 4K image of the piece. I am going to register my finds soon so I can’t take any risks. Sorry.

The model you see is an exact interpretation of what I have found! BTW, the unit of measurement is 40 meters not 185. Think about the importance of number 40 in religion. It was the unit of measurements of God, at least for this people, although nature made the island. This number somehow made it to this day.

As for the small island of Atlantis: it was a small inactive volcano, probably created 1 million years ago. They found it like that and they settled there. Slowly they advanced to making megalithic buildings and boats e.t.c the entire Atlantis island, 5 km diameter (not Atlantida) was rocky, 3 layers of rock. The top white the second black and underneath red. Only the ancient Greek version describes that. The English just implies that the colourful rock were all over the place, willy-nilly. The island was created when this volcano was active as the volcano was spilling magma; there were tremors (earthquakes) so somehow the rings were formed as a result. If you notice there is a pattern. 1,2,2,3,3. the entire small island of Atlantis was above sea level (says Plato) which makes it to be on an angle. Probably 10-15 degrees. Hence, the culprit (landslide). Where Atlantis used to be the earth underneath, there are visible marks of the concentric rings.
Anyway, by the end of this year, you and everybody else are going to find out the truth about Atlantis.
NIKAS
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: