Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:34:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Light under the bed

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Light under the bed  (Read 40 times)
Teri Charboneau
Superhero Member

« on: August 08, 2016, 12:53:21 am »

Light under the bed
Posted on 8-4-2016

By: lisask | Location: Greece

When I was about 23, a long, long time ago, I was sleeping alone in my room at our summer house. Back then I used to sleep with all the lights out, so it was very dark in the room, because we had no neighbours or street lights.

I was asleep, about four o'clock in the morning, when suddenly I opened my eyes to see the room bright from something that was under my bed. I was so suprised, and sat in the midle of the bed, with my feet up under me, not daring to put then near the light. As for the light, it was coming from one side of the bed to the other, white, bright and it was still (not flickering).

I tried to give a reasonable explanation, like hundreds of fireflies that had made a nest under the bed, or a flashlight that someone put there as a joke, even though nothing could explain how bright it was. I even thought fire, but I dissmissed quickly, no smoke, different light. After some time I decided to turn on my bed side lamp so I can finally get off the bed, out of there, because I had to do something, I couldn't stay there like that, sitting on my bed, with my feet up not touching the floor forever.

And when I did, when I switched on my bed lamp, suddenly the whole room was back to normal. Nothing shining, except the lamp. I jumped as far from the bed as I could, staring in to the bed. Nothing was there. Much time passed with me standing still, in the other side of the room, looking at it, when I finally found the courage to look under it.

Nothing. I lifted the matress, nothing. I checked for fireflies, nothing.

And nothing else, or anything like that, happened later, or ever since, 25 years now.

Friends tell me it was a dream, and yes, it must have been, even though I specifically remember waking up only once. I was awake sitting when I was trying to find an explanation, I was moving when I was switching on my bed lamp.

Maybe my body was awake but my mind was sleeping, that is what must have happened. I only wish nothing like that ever happens again. Do you agree with my explanation? Has something like that ever happened to anyone else?

I am sorry for my mistakes, English is not my native language.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: