Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:01:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Stanley Kubrick's daughter debunks moon landing conspiracy theory

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanley Kubrick's daughter debunks moon landing conspiracy theory  (Read 399 times)
Teri Charboneau
Superhero Member

« on: July 12, 2016, 01:37:58 am »

Stanley Kubrick's daughter debunks moon landing conspiracy theory

'How can anyone believe that one of the greatest defenders of mankind would commit such an act of betrayal?'

Jacob Stolworthy
    @Jacob_Stol
    Wednesday 6 July 2016 15:39 BST

Internet legend would have you believe that filmmaker Stanley Kubrick - as well as directing classic films including 2001: A Space Odyssey and Full Metal Jacket - aided the US government in its faking of the moon landing in 1969.

The idea has been chewed over by conspiracy theorists over the years, most prominently aided by documentary Room 237, which suggests that the British filmmaker hid allusions to his involvement in the Apollo 11 deception within his horror film The Shining.

It has now emerged that Kubrick's daughter Vivian is not a fan of this theory, going so far as to write an open letter vehemently chiding those who believe it to be true.

Re: Faked Moon Landings
    Many people have asked me about this. And this feels like the right time to respond ... pic.twitter.com/UVlNFofFW8
    — Vivian Kubrick (@ViKu1111) July 5, 2016

It wasn't until Kubrick's passing in 1999 that the Apollo 11 theory gained traction - which hasn't stopped media from embracing it. Most recently, comedy film Moonwalkers weaved the idea into its plot.

For those who are dismissing his daughter's efforts to debunk the theory, she does make an excellent point:

"I actually knew him!" she writes. "I lived and worked with him so forgive my harshness when I state categorically: the so-called 'truth' these malicious cranks persist in forwarding... is manifestly A GROTESQUE LIE."

That seems pretty definitive to us.
Which recent movies will become classics?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Teri Charboneau
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 01:40:01 am »

Vivian Kubrick's response in full (sic):

"Re: Faked Moon Landings

Surely (?!) an artist, such as my father, whose profound degree of artistic integrity is self-evident, whose political/social consciousness is manifestly present in nearly every film he made. Whose highly controversial subject matter literally put his life at risk, and yet he continued to make the film’s he made … don’t you think he’d be the very last person EVER to assist the US Government in such a terrible betrayal of its people?!?

There are many, very real conspiracies that have happened throughout our history, are happening presently, I’m only too aware of the dreadful manipulations perpetrated by governments, secret services, banksters, the military-industrial-complex etc.. But, claims that the moon landings were faked and filmed by my father? I just can’t understand it!!? How can anyone believe that one of the greatest defenders of mankind would commit such an act of betrayal?

My father’s artistic works are his unimpeachable defence!

Finally, my love for my father notwithstanding, I actually knew him! I lived and worked with him, so forgive my harshness when I state categorically: the so called ‘truth’ these malicious cranks persist in forwarding - that my father conspired with the US Government to ‘fake the moon landings’ - is manifestly A GROTESQUE LIE."
Report Spam   Logged
Teri Charboneau
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 01:40:50 am »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/stanley-kubrick-daughter-vivian-kubrick-apollo-11-moon-landing-conspiracy-theory-a7122186.html
Report Spam   Logged
Teri Charboneau
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:41:29 am »

Vivian Kubrick has posted a message to set the record straight. Image Credit: NASA
Report Spam   Logged
Geniocrat

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 01:42:35 pm »

NASA can't get pass Van Allen Radiation, Kubrick admitted it on his deathbed and his daughter was intimidated by NASA thugs.
Report Spam   Logged
Siembida

Halloween is the only holiday that matters!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:25:31 pm »

More conspiracy bs, Kubrick never even talked about the moon landings.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: