Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:33:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

new documentary about atlantis from james cameron coming this christmas.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new documentary about atlantis from james cameron coming this christmas.  (Read 1646 times)
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 05:00:03 pm »

I want to give you another detail: I strongly believe that the person that gave the first account of the catastrophe to the Egyptians was someone who was present. There is no way someone could have made this kind of description without being a witness. He/she said that it rained during the day and then all night. In the morning the city was gone. Also, how did he know that the earth sucked all the Greeks in? One more thing: why didn’t he say anything about the Atlanteans? Could have said that all the Atlantians inside the city disappeared? It was a big city after all … it’s killing me that most likely we’ll never find out the truth about this point in the story ….. 12 k has passed and there is no way that something like human remains or clothing will be present. Only big rock and hopefully golden statues will be presents. I don’t know about metallic tools.

I have to say that the one thing wholly impractical about the Atlantis story is how it was transferred over the ages in a time before writing even came about (That we know about anyway) and before either the Egyptians or the Greeks were even a people. The further back we set it, the more of a problem this becomes. I thought for a time that the story was inscribed in Sais, Egypt, perhaps on a pillar, but logically, that would then make Sais (and Athens, according to the dialogues) much older than it is given credit for.
Report Spam   Logged
Critias

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 08:29:56 pm »

I have to say that the one thing wholly impractical about the Atlantis story is how it was transferred over the ages in a time before writing even came about (That we know about anyway) and before either the Egyptians or the Greeks were even a people. The further back we set it, the more of a problem this becomes. I thought for a time that the story was inscribed in Sais, Egypt, perhaps on a pillar, but logically, that would then make Sais (and Athens, according to the dialogues) much older than it is given credit for.

I don't see anything impractical about that. Actually, the Egyptian priest, Sonchis, tells us that there was writing in Atlantis and then after the destruction it disappeared. The people that survived started from the begging. The only people to survive the ages were the Egyptians. It implies that the Egyptians always wrote things down, they never lost the art of writing. Yes, Sais is at least 10 years old. it is a thousand year younger than Athens. If Athens existed in 9,600 B.C (11,600 years ago) then it makes Sais aver 10 k.
Report Spam   Logged
Critias

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 04:27:08 am »

OK, the premiere of the new Atlantis documentary is on 29th of January 2017, so in about 10 days. 9pm/8pm Central USA time.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »

Any idea what theories they are covering, apart from Santorini, of course?

Also, when are we going to hear more about your Malta discovery? If I remember correctly, you were going to unveil it before the end of last year.
Report Spam   Logged
nikas

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 04:07:15 pm »

Any idea what theories they are covering, apart from Santorini, of course?

Also, when are we going to hear more about your Malta discovery? If I remember correctly, you were going to unveil it before the end of last year.
Malta, Santorini, crete, Sardinia and Finally Spain. They didn't find anything, bc we would have heard it on the news.

from NIKAS:
Hi Arcturus. You're right, I did promise end of 2016. It was a perfect year to be known as the year Atlas was found.  Anyway, I am almost ready for the big reveal. I just moved to greece and preparing for the project. End of January early February I will be in Malta, meeting with an Archeologist who is going to help with registering the find so I can get the credit. You got to understand, I can just reveal the location and it will be all over the media and unofically get the credit but I want to do it right. I am also Geting legal representation.  So, don't be surprised if you hear it on the news anytime now. I am not mentioning the A word. It's going to be the Capital of the megalithic people in Malta. Later the experts will notice the concetric rings and realize ......
I am also going to share something with you. As I have told you before - everything that Plato wrote is there. I wasn't sure for 1 thing only, timeline. It never made sense to me that it could have been 9,000 before Solon time. It doesnt work out with Archeology. So I have been working and found something amazing. Almost 90% sure. The word that denotes the year is writen as ENAKIS XILIAS (9 K). The word ENAKIS sounds more like 900 hundred than the number 9. And I realize that this must be the case with all the other big numbers. So when he says 900 thousands he means 1,900 years. It's the way how they wrote the numbers. So if this is the case then: 1,900 + 600 B.C = 2,500 B.C which is a magic time. The temple people in Malta just disappeared, also the Piramids in Egypt stopped being build. In other words the megalithic era ended all over Europe. Including the Stonehenge. Also, the bible gives us the catastrophe of Noa at about 2,450 b.c
Anyway, soon you will see.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 07:47:02 pm »

Congrats, I hope it goes well, and that we hear something soon. I am open to a later period Atlantis.

What sort of empire was it, what was their language, writing, and what lands did it control. You mentioned the pyramids/megalithic sites like Stonehenge, do you think they had anything to do with building them?
Report Spam   Logged
Critias

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 08:11:50 am »

Congrats, I hope it goes well, and that we hear something soon. I am open to a later period Atlantis.

Thanks, I hope it goes well from my part. As for hearing about it, have no doubt. In case that my name is not attached to the discovery you will know that someone stole it from me ....

What sort of empire was it, what was their language, writing, and what lands did it control. You mentioned the pyramids/megalithic sites like Stonehenge; do you think they had anything to do with building them?

there is a misconception about Atlantis that it had technology and crystals e.t.c even the moderate scientists/archaeologists who believe that Atlantis could have existed describe it as a bronze age civilization (e.g: Minoans). That’s a fallacy, as Minoans (even though they are a direct descendant and inherited their culture ) were way more advanced. Atlantis was not a Bronze Age civilization, rather a very advanced Neolithic society with good understanding of metals.
They excelled in astronomy (they're the founders) to the point that before Galileo no other civilization had reached their peak, not even the Greeks or the Egyptians. Is not a coincidence that the Phoenicians (great navigators) had their epicentre in Malta.

atlanteans/Maltese temple builders, flourished between 3.5k b.c-2.5k b.c it looks like right at the point they ceased to exist they had reached their peak. They started building the complex temples at least 1 thousand years before any other civilization in Europe, even before the pyramids of Egypt. So that makes them the pioneers of the megalithic technology. Their technology was kind of weird, in a sense that even though it was simple (mostly square blocks/geometry), compared to anything more complex from Minoan or later Greeks (round columns) it was more difficult as it required lifting more heavy blocks.

Their empire included modern Tunis until somewhere near modern Egypt (including Giza) and from somewhere near western part of Greece until Sicily, maybe including parts of Sardinia. Hence, bigger than Libya and Asia combined.

The pyramids of Egypt stopped being built at the same time that the temple builders in Malta ceased to exist. Nevertheless, there is no evidence of any catastrophe happening in Egypt during that period (confirmed by Sonchis to Solon), it is safe to say that it is the Maltese people who build them, or supervised or somehow their masonry was used by locals. 
As for their language/writing is difficult to say anything as we have found nothing so far. I believe that when they were destroyed they were in the early stages of developing their writing system. So it was used only by the elite, and it was unknown to the general population. Early Egyptian called their early alphabet, ‘the holy letters’, so one can only speculate that it must have been their masters/god’s writings. There is a good chance they’re using hieroglyphs, perhaps.

Language: difficult to say. I could only speculate to have been simple and short words, something similar to Latin language. Words/prefixes such as at(father), ar(gold), las(land), vet(self), tit(big)… e.t.c

There is much speculation about the famous metal orechalcum. After carefully analyzing all the descriptions given by the ancients, I have concluded that it must have been red ‘jade’, a metal/rock created by lava. I would be very surprised if it turned out to be something else.
Conclusion: the real Atlantis is a biter disappointment (technologically and size-wise) compared to what people think it was, about 1 fifth. Just a very advanced Neolithic civilization. Having said that, historically/archaeologically it is the most influential civilization of all the times.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »

It would only be a disappointment if people were expecting the high tech Cayce Atlantis, I was not.

Do you think they built the pyramids/controlled Egypt?
Do you think the war actually occurred?
What calamity can we point to that destroyed their civilization?
Report Spam   Logged
nikas

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 04:10:09 am »

It would only be a disappointment if people were expecting the high tech Cayce Atlantis, I was not.

well, the problem is that these people are the majority and it will take long time to convince them otherwise, most likely an entire generation. imagine; 'Atlantis found in Malta' proven and accepted by the mainstream archaeology within a short time, and all the other atlantologists casting their doubts. 'these' people are my problem, not the archaeologists. i can convince the scientists within the time will take me to execute a presentation. i predict that as soon as i reveal the location all of those the so called 'believers' will state that i have found only a miniature of the original and the original is somewhere in Atlantic ocean.

Do you think they built the pyramids/controlled Egypt?

definitely. if you look at the Egyptian rulers you have 2 kinds of them; gods and kings/Pharaohs. gods were the kings from Malta, pharaohs were local chiefs or something. atlantians did not build the pyramids, the Egyptians using their masonry did. as soon as the building of Maltese temples stopped so did the pyramids in Egypt. that can't be a coincidence. it looks like the engineers were foreigners or something and the locals did not possess their engineering skills. b.t.w, i know who the Sphinx represents. i will reveal it when i reveal the city of Atlantis.

Do you think the war actually occurred?

....of course, is nothing more than the Titanomachy (the war of the giants/Titans) which it was celebrated in Athens until the time of Plato. they just didn't know detals, it had taken the form of a myth by that time. remember what sonchys said to solon; what you remember about Atlantis are nothing more than myths and bedtime stories. do you know that in Malta the temples are believed to have been build by giants ....

look, the city of Atlantis was built on an existing volcano (dormant of course), which had a slope/angle of about 15-20% degrees. it was all rocky consisting of at least 3 layers of rock, (from the top-down) white-black-red.  over many generations of rock cutting they transformed the small city island which was within the big island. that made the island even more vulnerable because it was a sloped volcano and wasn't very stable. in Malta, it is proven, that in ancient time it had heavy rainy season. so - dry the entire year and then one month February or march it pureed the damn sky. if you ever visit Malta on one of the museums you will see a sign : 'Malta did not have an ice age, rather a rainy age'. it was a tragedy in process. so it only needed a small push for the island to go down. so when the catastrophe happened it must have rained more than usual and the city/island went down. it was not long after the war so imagine the impact that it would have had on its people. somehow the story ended up on the walls of Egypt.

Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:00 pm »

look, the city of Atlantis was built on an existing volcano (dormant of course), which had a slope/angle of about 15-20% degrees. it was all rocky consisting of at least 3 layers of rock, (from the top-down) white-black-red.  over many generations of rock cutting they transformed the small city island which was within the big island. that made the island even more vulnerable because it was a sloped volcano and wasn't very stable. in Malta, it is proven, that in ancient time it had heavy rainy season. so - dry the entire year and then one month February or march it pureed the damn sky. if you ever visit Malta on one of the museums you will see a sign : 'Malta did not have an ice age, rather a rainy age'. it was a tragedy in process. so it only needed a small push for the island to go down. so when the catastrophe happened it must have rained more than usual and the city/island went down. it was not long after the war so imagine the impact that it would have had on its people. somehow the story ended up on the walls of Egypt. End of Quote.

Nikas,

I will agree that the new age version of Atlantis, such as was put forth by the "sleeping" prophet Cayce is what most dreamers want to believe in, but as the serious and sober, awake, seekers know, it is not what Plato had in mind. But your long-coming forth fabulous find of Atlantis, as I read on this site, and as commented by many others here, is also not what Plato had in mind either. And it seems that much of the claims of having solved the second most famous riddle coming out of ancient Greece is what is recently in vogue, which has been the theme of the recent and current political situation in the USA. And this same political theme analogous with the claims of a found Atlantis is not other than "alternative" facts.  So far, all anyone has ever given, past and present, are "alternative" facts on Atlantis, such as Cayce, and many other takes on Atlantis. But the "real" facts given by Plato, we have not. In fact, for Atlantis, the same as for the current American political atmosphere, the term "facts" has lost its true meaning, and we are now making new entries in the Webster dictionary to make room for "nonfactual" facts next to the "factual" facts, and a new definition; alternative to facts, which, I'm certain, that not too far in the near future, "alternative facts" will become to officially be just another synonym to "truth," although it is its natural antonym.

Therefore, let me play the devil's advocate with you, if you don't mind and will not be offended by this. In this role, let me argue against you just for the devil's sake. I put forth my charge and affidavit against your claim before the judge and jury. Although there are many charges against your claim, I will only argue one of them, the one quoted above. Which is that you are giving an "alternative" fact as to where the city of Atlantis was located; you say on a volcanic slope which at one time was above water and just off the coast of Maltese waters. Since you also claim that you are in negotiations with the Maltese government for the rights and permissions, we will assume it is factual for now, and therefore we have to conclude that this underwater paradise of your finding has to be within 12 miles from any shore location of the three tiny Maltese Islands comprising the nation of Malta. The 12 miles limit is the demarcation as to where the international agreed limit of national sovereignty extends from land. Since we know, as fact, that volcanoes are rather large things, we can safely say that the volcano's "base" is just about always, much larger than having a diameter of well over 12 miles. This very fact will, necessarily, make most of the Maltese land above water, or even below, of a volcanic nature.   

What does a volcanic slope and its surrounding areas look like, as regarding the types and colors of rocks? We have several examples from around the world to look at, which, by sight alone, will suffice for any juror and judge to discern without needing to be a volcanologist, or/and geologist to make the expert assessment.  But without seeing, this is what the experts say about Malta's geological formation:

The geology of the Maltese Islands is relatively young when considered within a geological time frame, with the oldest rock dating back only to the Tertiary period. The Islands are for the most part composed of marine sedimentary rocks. Although the sedimentary platform on which the Maltese Islands are situated was formed during the Triassic, there are no surface outcrops of this age. All exposed rocks were deposited during the Oligocene and Miocene periods of geological time dating back to some 30 to 35 million years ago. The most recent deposits are the quaternary deposits which are found in minor quantities and are of terrestrial origin. The resultant rock formations are relatively simple consisting of five basic layers laid on top of the other in a layer-cake sequence:
To see legend of geological map click: http://www.emwis-mt.org/documentation/context/physical%20factors_files/legend_geological.htm   

Lower Coralline Limestone is the oldest exposed rock in the Maltese Islands, outcropping to a height of 140m in the vertical cliffs near Xlendi, Gozo. It is mainly composed of the tests of coralline algae indicating deposition in a shallow gulf environment.  Younger beds show evidence of deposition in more open marine conditions.

Globigerina Limestone is the second oldest rock and outcrops over approximately 70% of the area of the islands, eroding to give a broad, gently rolling landscape.  Variations in the thickness of this formation are considerable, ranging from 23m near Fort Chambray, Gozo to 207m around Marsaxlokk, Malta.   This rock consists of yellow to pale-grey limestones comprising tests of planktonic globigerinid foraminifera.  The formation is divided into Lower, Middle and Upper Globigerina Limestone by two beds of phosphorite pebbles.

Blue Clay overlies the Globigerina Limestone formation.  It erodes easily when wet and forms taluses which flow out over the underlying rock. Variations in thickness are considerable ranging from 75m at Xaghra, Gozo to nil in eastern Malta, where Upper Coralline Limestone rests directly on Globigerina Limestone.  Deposition of the Blue Clay may have occurred in an open muddy water environment with water depths up to 150m for the lower part of the formation.

This is what a volcanic land looks like and the kind of geological composition.  http://www.photovolcanica.com/VolcanoInfo/Santorini/Santorini.html

Although I'm not one of those that cheers for a Santorini Atlantis, still, regarding the three colored rocks of black, red, and white, these are there, as also the assumption that the earthquake that inundated/submerged the "continent" island, or parts of it, was due to a possible volcanic phenomenon, such as a very powerful and devastating eruption.

But in Malta one is out luck for finding any traces of volcanic rocks and eruptions, unless there has been some sprinkling of fine volcanic ash depositing there, which has come from Mt Etna, in Sicily, when the winds are blowing in a southerly direction.

Therefore on the basis of you not offering any truthful facts, your Maltese "Atlantis" is as fake as the Hollywood's Maltese "Falcon."  Now remember that I have represented the devil, and, as his advocate, I have spoken that you have presented, as also with your Etruscan "tongue" on Malta being read backward as "Atlas," only "alternative" facts. Therefore before you get upset at me, if you must, take out on the devil himself, since I was doing his bidding, and not mine.

For the record, I respect any and all theoretical takes on Atlantis, including yours Nikas. We all have to stand on hollowed ground before we can say that any claims of Atlantis, no matter how far-fetched, even Edgar Cayce's Atlantis, is total nonsense. Hollowed ground being the Atlantis of Plato, it is intended!

Nikas, these next questions to you are coming from me, and not the devil. Just how did the Altanteans get the circles of water to stay there, since they were on a 15-20% slope? And how did they get their trireme ships to sail up the 20% incline?  Or better still, what kind of braking system had they incorporated on their vessels when they went downhill? But perhaps I don't see the picture you have drawn. Can you make one of those 3D presentation of yours, showing us this Atlantean feat of controlling gravity? Perhaps Cayce was right, and the Atlanteans had some very large and powerful energy crystals?
Report Spam   Logged
nikas

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 02:02:28 pm »

Quote from: Oliver link=topic=35211.msg267111#msg267111 date=1485281040

[quote
…… But your long-coming forth fabulous find of Atlantis, as I read on this site, and as commented by many others here, is also not what Plato had in mind either.

What I have found is anything but fabulous. To the so called ‘atlantologist’ is going to be a disappointment, to historians/archaeologists, goldmine. As for what Plato had in mind how would you know? Did he tell you? It’s a dialog and Plato is not part of it. So to claim that you know what he was thinking is just a guess. Actually, I don’t even care, bc he is not the one that wrote the story, Solon did. Plato just inherited it through his family.

Code:
And it seems that much of the claims of having solved the second most famous riddle coming out of ancient Greece
Second? Says who? B.t.w what is the first one, according to you of course….

Code:
Although there are many charges against your claim, I will only argue one of them, the one quoted above.
Many charges? Not even a single one. The only thing I haven’t proved is the time of the destruction, I am working on it.

Code:
Since we know, as fact, that volcanoes are rather large things, we can safely say that the volcano's "base" is just about always, much larger than having a diameter of well over 12 miles.
Who told you that a volcano has to be more than 12 miles? Even the Santorini which is a super volcano doesn’t have those dimensions. You have very vogue knowledge of volcanos. I have a team of geologists that I consult. There are also mini volcanos. One of the biggest, if not the biggest volcano in the world is the yellow stone, it stretches for miles, nevertheless, you can see mini volcanos on top of it. Just few meters in diameter. Top from bottom are 2 different things. You see the top; you don’t know how wide the bottom is. It could be the base of a mountain, or it can be way down below earth.

Code:
This very fact will, necessarily, make most of the Maltese land above water, or even below, of a volcanic nature. 
The land between Malta and Sicily has, probably the concentration of most underwater volcanos.  Don’t forget that not far from Malta, in Sicily, mount Etna is the most active volcano in Europe.

Code:
This is what a volcanic land looks like and the kind of geological composition.  http://www.photovolcanica.com/VolcanoInfo/Santorini/Santorini.html
No, that’s one example only. If you had, carefully, read Plato you will understand that his story did not describe that. He described something which any geologist realizes that is nothing more than a rocky volcano. Something that Santorini is not.

Code:
Although I'm not one of those that cheers for a Santorini Atlantis, still, regarding the three colored rocks of black, red, and white, these are there, as also the assumption that the earthquake that inundated/submerged the "continent" island, or parts of it, was due to a possible volcanic phenomenon, such as a very powerful and devastating eruption.

You are making things up. What volcanic eruption? He never said such a thing. He wrote of rain and earthquakes, Plato himself didn’t even understand that the city was built on top of a volcano. I have the science of geology to understand that. Plato did not. As for the colourful rocks, if you read the story in ancient Greek, as I did, you will realise that he is saying that the rocks were on top of each other, layers of the volcano.

Code:
For the record, I respect any and all theoretical takes on Atlantis, including yours Nikas. We all have to stand on hollowed ground before we can say that any claims of Atlantis, no matter how far-fetched, even Edgar Cayce's Atlantis, is total nonsense. Hollowed ground being the Atlantis of Plato, it is intended!

Code:
Edgar Cayce was a charlatan; I am a serious researcher, a scientist. I read the story in ancient Greek, which gives me the upper hand over almost everybody else. You can’t judge my work bc you can’t read ancient Greek. What you have read in English, which was translated from Spanish or German, which in turn was translated from Latin … which was translated from ancient Greek, in a span of over a thousand years, was nothing more than garbage.

Code:
Nikas, these next questions to you are coming from me, and not the devil. Just how did the Altanteans get the circles of water to stay there, since they were on a 15-20% slope? And how did they get their trireme ships to sail up the 20% incline? 

I thought you’re the devil’s advocate not the ‘guy’ himself, anyway, were did I say that the city was on a slope? The volcano was on a slope, probably about 15%, not the city. The volcano must have spilled, millions of years ago, the lava which became the three colored rocks. Now, lava is a liquid which gravity makes it leveled. Physics 101. Atlantians never knew that there was a slope. They had a leveled city.
Conclusion: You have not read the story of Atlantis, even in English. Just bits of paragraphs here and there. How do I know? You called Atlantis a continent. Even the English version doesn’t say that. So I challenge you in finding within the two dialogs the part where Plato says that Atlantis was a continent. Until you do so, I will not take your ‘facts’ seriously.

Don’t get me wrong, I love to debate and don’t get offended at all. I just like people who are open minded and not people that, because they read few things on internet, think they have become experts.
I want you to come back and read your comments in a month or two, could be sooner, when you see all over media what I have found.

[/quote]
Report Spam   Logged
Oliver

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 10:51:47 am »

Code:
[quote author=nikas link=topic=35211.msg267112#msg267112 date=1485288148]
[quote author=Oliver link=topic=35211.msg267111#msg267111 date=1485281040

[quote]…… But your long-coming forth fabulous find of Atlantis, as I read on this site, and as commented by many others here, is also not what Plato had in mind either. [/quote]

What I have found is anything but fabulous. To the so called ‘atlantologist’ is going to be a disappointment, to historians/archaeologists, goldmine. As for what Plato had in mind how would you know? Did he tell you? It’s a dialog and Plato is not part of it. So to claim that you know what he was thinking is just a guess. Actually, I don’t even care, bc he is not the one that wrote the story, Solon did. Plato just inherited it through his family.    [color=red]An archeologist's "goldmine" you say? You must have found all that Atlantean gold, silver, and oralchicum! Why now Malta and you will be the richest Country and individual in the world! And you don't call this fabulous? And regarding Plato's mind, he did not only tell me, but Plato told everyone reading his texts the same thing, once one understands him.[/color] [color=red]And as far as Solon writing the story, and Plato inheriting it, I will use your style, and ask you in turn, did Solon or Plato tell you this very interesting detail? Perhaps you have actually seen Solon's written last will and testament, besides the sunken city?
[/color]
[code]And it seems that much of the claims of having solved the second most famous riddle coming out of ancient Greece
Second? Says who? B.t.w what is the first one, according to you of course…. Why don't you, Nikas, know the order of things, especially since you claim to be an expert in Plato, Greek and Greece?  Have you ever heard of the New Testament's last book, Revelation? That is the biggest and the number one riddle coming out of Greece; precisely from the island of Patmos. Will He, or will He not come? Surely the numbers of those looking for the Kingdom of God dwarf the numbers of those of us looking for the kingdom of Atlantis! And are they not of the same nature? Both riddles have God and sons of gods, both have wars, both have cities full of gold, silver, and precious stones, both have good and evil deeds, heavenly judgments and punishments, and not to mention heavenly signs, and catastrophes coming down from above, and of course we have to mention the similar catastrophes resulting from large earthquakes and watery events inundating large masses of land, etc., etc....  

Code:
Although there are many charges against your claim, I will only argue one of them, the one quoted above.
Many charges? Not even a single one. The only thing I haven’t proved is the time of the destruction, I am working on it. Based on most of the comments made here about you from other members, you have proved nothing.  I read the comments and most don't even take you seriously. And why should anyone, as you seem to have been at this play for a long while. And by the way, those comments by others about you is what I meant as the devil. Therefore as I said, get mad if you must, but direct your anger at them and not me.

Code:
Since we know, as fact, that volcanoes are rather large things, we can safely say that the volcano's "base" is just about always, much larger than having a diameter of well over 12 miles.
Who told you that a volcano has to be more than 12 miles? Even the Santorini which is a super volcano doesn’t have those dimensions. You have very vogue knowledge of volcanos. I have a team of geologists that I consult. There are also mini volcanos. One of the biggest, if not the biggest volcano in the world is the yellow stone, it stretches for miles, nevertheless, you can see mini volcanos on top of it. Just few meters in diameter. My dear Nikas, those are not mini volcanoes, they are called craters. And a volcano is not merely the main and topmost crater. Have not your team of geologists taught you the correct terms? Why even wikipedia can teach you this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_crater Top from bottom are 2 different things. You see the top; you don’t know how wide the bottom is. It could be the base of a mountain, or it can be way down below earth.  But there are no mini volcanoes, just small craters (vents) from the great fiery depths of molten magma that feed these surface manifestations. Even the smallest "volcano" in the world is only a "pimple" of a crater belonging to the real volcano: Mexico has thousands of volcanoes, and many very interesting ones, but Cuexcomate must surely be the only volcano in the country with a spiral staircase inside it! The volcano formed in 1664, as an offshoot parasitic cone during an eruption of a much larger volcano, Popocatépetl. This very fact will, necessarily, make most of the Maltese land above water, or even below, of a volcanic nature, if your claim is to hold water. But it does not, therefore you, Nikas, apparently, cannot read, or will not read the reference I listed on the type of rocks the Maltese islands are comprised of, and which are of a sedimentary kind, and not of igneous nature, as expected, if there had been recent (11,500 BC) volcanic activity, as you claim. 
[/code]
The land between Malta and Sicily has, probably the concentration of most underwater volcanos.  Don’t forget that not far from Malta, in Sicily, mount Etna is the most active volcano in Europe. How can I be the one to forget this fact of Mt Etna when it was I that mentioned it?  Again, you are not reading. No doubt that any area on earth where the tectonic plates meet will be an area full of volcanoes and potential volcanoes. Mt Etna and and some of the other volcanic islands very near to Sicily, albeit in the north and not in the south of it, is proof enough. However, these volcanic areas have igneous type of rocks, and not sedimentary, as in Malta. Besides, the largest concentration of most underwater or above water, for that matter, is our famous ring of fire. Again, you must be consulting with some ignorant geologists, if you are getting your information from them.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire  Just because there are underwater volcanic activity in the area of the Mediterranean around Sicily and Malta, real geologists have a consensus that no recent activity, at least going back 35 millions of years, that no volcanic activity has occurred for the area you say is the submerged Atlantean capital city. And this fact alone puts a tremendous stick between you legs.   

Code:
No, that’s one example only. If you had, carefully, read Plato you will understand that his story did not describe that. He described something which any geologist realizes that is nothing more than a rocky volcano. Something that Santorini is not.

Code:

You are making things up. What volcanic eruption? He never said such a thing. He wrote of rain and earthquakes, Plato himself didn’t even understand that the city was built on top of a volcano. I have the science of geology to understand that. Plato did not. As for the colourful rocks, if you read the story in ancient Greek, as I did, you will realise that he is saying that the rocks were on top of each other, layers of the volcano.

Code:

Code:
Edgar Cayce was a charlatan; I am a serious researcher, a scientist. I read the story in ancient Greek, which gives me the upper hand over almost everybody else. You can’t judge my work bc you can’t read ancient Greek. What you have read in English, which was translated from Spanish or German, which in turn was translated from Latin … which was translated from ancient Greek, in a span of over a thousand years, was nothing more than garbage.

Code:
Nikas, these next questions to you are coming from me, and not the devil. Just how did the Altanteans get the circles of water to stay there, since they were on a 15-20% slope? And how did they get their trireme ships to sail up the 20% incline? 

I thought you’re the devil’s advocate not the ‘guy’ himself, anyway, were did I say that the city was on a slope? The volcano was on a slope, probably about 15%, not the city. The volcano must have spilled, millions of years ago, the lava which became the three colored rocks. Now, lava is a liquid which gravity makes it leveled. Physics 101. Atlantians never knew that there was a slope. They had a leveled city.
Conclusion: You have not read the story of Atlantis, even in English. Just bits of paragraphs here and there. How do I know? You called Atlantis a continent. Even the English version doesn’t say that. So I challenge you in finding within the two dialogs the part where Plato says that Atlantis was a continent. Until you do so, I will not take your ‘facts’ seriously.

Don’t get me wrong, I love to debate and don’t get offended at all. I just like people who are open minded and not people that, because they read few things on internet, think they have become experts. Well, Nikas, I dare not debate with you, unless by shear misfortune I'm really the devil and not his advocate. But as far as I know, and Plato told me this also, there is no real devil, just devilish liars. Wanting to seek truth, I'm far from being devilish, and definitely unsuited for the task of debating you.   
I want you to come back and read your comments in a month or two, could be sooner, when you see all over media what I have found.  And you, Nikas, don't have to wait for my comments, as I'm a prophet of sort, one of many in our line of work, and I can tell you now that your day will never come, neither later, nor sooner. Play on, play on, and go fool anyone silly enough to swallow your nonsense. Many here, present and past, know your little game well enough, but those others that do not know you well enough will be sure to give you an ear or two at first, but they too will catch-on soon enough. Why have you returned here? Have you run out of people to fool out there in the world of virtual reality?
[/quote]
[/quote]
Report Spam   Logged
nikas

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 02:03:13 pm »

Why do I have the feeling that I am talking to hermocrates? B.t.w the best thing to come out of Greece is democracy.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: