Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 07:42:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

new documentary about atlantis from james cameron coming this christmas.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new documentary about atlantis from james cameron coming this christmas.  (Read 1701 times)
Critias

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 08:11:50 am »

Congrats, I hope it goes well, and that we hear something soon. I am open to a later period Atlantis.

Thanks, I hope it goes well from my part. As for hearing about it, have no doubt. In case that my name is not attached to the discovery you will know that someone stole it from me ....

What sort of empire was it, what was their language, writing, and what lands did it control. You mentioned the pyramids/megalithic sites like Stonehenge; do you think they had anything to do with building them?

there is a misconception about Atlantis that it had technology and crystals e.t.c even the moderate scientists/archaeologists who believe that Atlantis could have existed describe it as a bronze age civilization (e.g: Minoans). That’s a fallacy, as Minoans (even though they are a direct descendant and inherited their culture ) were way more advanced. Atlantis was not a Bronze Age civilization, rather a very advanced Neolithic society with good understanding of metals.
They excelled in astronomy (they're the founders) to the point that before Galileo no other civilization had reached their peak, not even the Greeks or the Egyptians. Is not a coincidence that the Phoenicians (great navigators) had their epicentre in Malta.

atlanteans/Maltese temple builders, flourished between 3.5k b.c-2.5k b.c it looks like right at the point they ceased to exist they had reached their peak. They started building the complex temples at least 1 thousand years before any other civilization in Europe, even before the pyramids of Egypt. So that makes them the pioneers of the megalithic technology. Their technology was kind of weird, in a sense that even though it was simple (mostly square blocks/geometry), compared to anything more complex from Minoan or later Greeks (round columns) it was more difficult as it required lifting more heavy blocks.

Their empire included modern Tunis until somewhere near modern Egypt (including Giza) and from somewhere near western part of Greece until Sicily, maybe including parts of Sardinia. Hence, bigger than Libya and Asia combined.

The pyramids of Egypt stopped being built at the same time that the temple builders in Malta ceased to exist. Nevertheless, there is no evidence of any catastrophe happening in Egypt during that period (confirmed by Sonchis to Solon), it is safe to say that it is the Maltese people who build them, or supervised or somehow their masonry was used by locals. 
As for their language/writing is difficult to say anything as we have found nothing so far. I believe that when they were destroyed they were in the early stages of developing their writing system. So it was used only by the elite, and it was unknown to the general population. Early Egyptian called their early alphabet, ‘the holy letters’, so one can only speculate that it must have been their masters/god’s writings. There is a good chance they’re using hieroglyphs, perhaps.

Language: difficult to say. I could only speculate to have been simple and short words, something similar to Latin language. Words/prefixes such as at(father), ar(gold), las(land), vet(self), tit(big)… e.t.c

There is much speculation about the famous metal orechalcum. After carefully analyzing all the descriptions given by the ancients, I have concluded that it must have been red ‘jade’, a metal/rock created by lava. I would be very surprised if it turned out to be something else.
Conclusion: the real Atlantis is a biter disappointment (technologically and size-wise) compared to what people think it was, about 1 fifth. Just a very advanced Neolithic civilization. Having said that, historically/archaeologically it is the most influential civilization of all the times.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: