Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:59:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Death Omens

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Omens  (Read 70 times)
Fitcedric

De omnibus Dubitandum. All is to be doubted.

« on: May 08, 2016, 02:23:43 pm »

In the area where I live, it is very uncommon to hear a whipporwhill. When my dad was young, he heard one calling at night. The next day his grandmother suffered a fatal heart attack. Years later when he was 14 he heard one and his Dad passed away. Once more, when he was 16 he heard one on his way to a school dance and when he got their he found out one of his friends had been killed by a drunk driver. My grandmother says she heard one when her mother died, and another when her brother passed. Both of them say they never heard one other than those incidents, and both say they never want to here them again.

I also hear countless incidents where birds flying into a house or hitting a wondow on a house means a death in the family.

A few months ago, a big black stray dog used to sit in our yard around midnight and just howl, directly below my grandmother's window. Later, I found out she had gotten her will straightened out, cleaned her closets, and decided what she would be burried in. She was certain it meant her death. She's still with us now.

So do you have any experiences like my familie's with the whipporwhill? Do you have any superstitions regarding death?
Report Spam   Logged

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fitcedric

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 02:29:06 pm »

There's a death omen about birds flying/crashing into your window.. also if one flies into your house. I think it's usually black birds, but I've heard it applied to out of season birds too.
Report Spam   Logged

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."
Fitcedric

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 02:30:08 pm »

People around here believe that when a big black moth enters your home, it is an omen of death.

Also when an owl lingers by your window at night, that someone has cursed you.

Yesterday, the weirdest thing happened. I was sitting in the kitchen when I heard distinct whispering in my ear. Strange and scary for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: