Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 12:10:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Prince Dead At 57: Iconic Singer Passes Away Suddenly

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Dead At 57: Iconic Singer Passes Away Suddenly  (Read 618 times)
Danna Bruenning

« on: April 21, 2016, 11:23:37 pm »

Prince Dedicates Song To Vanity In Concert After Her Passing: We Loved Each Other
Tue, February 16, 2016 11:01am EDT by Alyssa Norwin
Add first Comment
13,798 Article Views

REX/Courtesy of Rolling Stone magazine
View Gallery
7 Photos
This is heartbreaking. After learning that his ex-girlfriend and protege, Vanity, had passed away on Feb. 15, Prince gave a special tribute to the late singer during his concert and remembered her with an emotional speech. Get the scoop here.

It’s been an incredible difficult couple of days for Prince following the death of his ex, Vanity, but the show must go on. The legendary singer is out on the road while grieving his close friend and protege, so he made sure to honor her while performing on Feb. 16. Find out what he said here.

LISTEN
Little Red Corvette
Little Red Corvette

Prince was playing at the State Theatre in Melbourne the day after Vanity’s death. “Someone dear to us has passed away,” he said on stage. “I’m gonna dedicate this song to her.” From there, he went into his tune “LIttle Red Corvette,” and transitioned into “Dirty Mind,” which are both songs from the 80s, when they dated. He also changed the lyrics to his song The Ladder, replacing the name ‘Electra’ with ‘Vanity,’ in another subtle tribute, according to the Herald Sun.

“I am new to this playing alone. I thank you all for being so patient,” Prince told the crowd after his encore. “I’m trying to stay focused, it’s a little heavy for me tonight. Just keep jamming — she knows about this one.” He then sang “The Beautiful Ones,” and changed the words from “my knees” to “Denise, Denise,” which is Vanity’s real name. Stream Prince’s music and more ad-free RIGHT HERE.

Join Amazon Prime For Free – Thousands of Movies & Shows Anytime

“Can I tell you a story about Vanity?” he added. “Or should I tell you a story about Denise? Her and I used to love each other deeply. She loved me for the artist I was, I loved her for the artist she was trying to be. She and I would fight. She was very headstrong cause she knew she was the finest woman in the world. She never missed an opportunity to tell you that.” So sad and such a beautiful way to honor Vanity’s memory.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/02/16/prince-vanity-tribute-song-dedication-concert-death/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: