Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 01:46:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How can Bigfoot exist?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can Bigfoot exist?  (Read 216 times)
Lagerald

« on: April 17, 2016, 07:04:32 pm »

How can bigfoot exist when there is not enough food in the winter season for bears?
Bears hibernate in the winter, a necessary adaptation, since there is no plantfood available for them in the wintertime.
Bears are mainly planteaters, fish and meat is also on the menu, but plantfood is the everyday food for bears.
So what can the bigfoot find to eat at wintertime, when it need even more energy to retain the body temperature?
The bigfoot believers say they eat, elk, moose, deer, bison and rabbits.
But if a sustaiable population of bigfoots (plural form bigfeet?) taxed the wildlife in witertime, would not the park rangers,wildlife wardens and hunters detect there was another predator along with wolves, coyote and wolverine?
The closest creature to the bigfoot we know have existed, is the Gigantopithecus, a gigant humanoid bipedal ape like beast.
It went extinct about 100000 years ago.
It typical weight is estimated to be about 1000 pounds, about as a very large brown bear.
The bigfoot is described to be very much alike this beast.
And it must therefore eat es much as a large brown bear too, maybe more, since it is reported to be up to 8 feet tall, it would have more heatloss than a more compact bear closer to the ground.
It should trek south in the wintertime to altidudes with no snow to find enough food, so the number of sigthings should be higher in the south than in the north in the winter season.
Since it must be related to the great apes, the gorilla and orangutan, the difference between the gorilla and orangutan is interesting to mention.
The orangutans are soltaire animals, the male and female only meet in the mating season.
The gorillas are social animals living in groups.
The sightings of bigfoots are almost always of single males, but if it was more like the orangutan, solitaire, the sightings should be more of females with offspring, since they must cover more ground to find food.
If it was more like the gorilla, the sightings should be more of groups of animals, male, female and offspring.
I am not saying the bigfoot cannot exist, the gigantopithecus went extinct only 100000 years ago, an eyeblink in the worlds natural history. Older species that was belived to have been extinct, have been found, and an unknown creature can indeed exist in the vast forrested areas in North America and Russia.
But I do have to say I more lean to it is a mythical creature, tv shows like "Finding Bigfoot" do not help either.
Mythical creatures can only be seen in the corner of your eye, when you stare directly at them, they are not there.
Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vessel

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:11:02 am »

If they exist out there, how they overwinter is indeed an interesting thing to ponder. I would guess it would be a combination of bulking up on body fat beforehand, as well as hunting and gathering. Migrations may also play a significant role.

I've happened across reports of these creatures being somewhat thin, which may be post-winter sightings before they've bulked back up. I've also read reports that indicate the mothers will stash their young while they forage for food - similar to how deer will leave their fawns hunkered down in brush while they do so. So, if this is the case, a mother is not likely to be spotted with her young while foraging.

BTW I've read that bears do not hibernate as is commonly believed. They enter torpor. In this state they are much less active, but they can and do sometimes venture from their dens on warmer days for a short duration.

http://www.bigcat.org/news/the-truth-about-bears-and-hibernation
Report Spam   Logged

This is a strange world full of strange people. I hate it. I hate them.
Vessel

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:11:50 am »

If you want to watch a decent doc on the creature, check out "Bigfoot's Reflection" on Netflix.
Report Spam   Logged

Vessel

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 12:12:06 am »

My personal opinion , and yes I realize its a bit nutty, is that they live underground and that they don't fit into our conventional understanding of an ape, meaning they are of equal intelligence as us.

When you look at the history of sightings globally there is generally a long history of underground mythology where sightings occur at the highest rates and actual underground caverns and cavern systems.  This would account for things like no bodies being found (removed for underground burial), the strong smell associated with the creatures, and the green mossy appearance reported by many.
Report Spam   Logged

Vessel

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 12:21:58 am »

"There is a legend that tells of an eldritch race more foul and loathsome than the putrid slime that clings to the walls of hell. Twisted creatures, half man, half beast, who move with the rustling sound of predatory rats, carrying with them the stench of the charnel house. Wretched mutations who live deep beneath the earth in dark tunnels, surfacing in the dead of night and returning before dawn to practice their unspeakable acts and breed their filthy spawn until the day arrives when their swollen numbers shall finally emerge to ravage the earth like a noxious plague." Something I remember from the Night Gallery adaption of Pickman's Model.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: