Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:52:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Chocolate fairy? Really?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chocolate fairy? Really?  (Read 175 times)
Alexandra R.
Superhero Member

Today is another chance to do good!

« on: April 16, 2016, 10:57:52 pm »

Chocolate fairy? Really?
Posted on 4-6-2016

By: interested1992 | Location: United Kingdom

I've always been one to find everything and anything unusual and not of the norm fascinating. How can you not? I grew up with parents that gifted me with a great imagination. My mother has always been one to love the idea of fairies, even collecting those mass produced fairy ornaments.

When I was 13 my best friend decided to come over during the summer holidays. We thought it would be fun to put on capes and draw hair on our feet to be hobbits for the day. Boy, teenagers were different back then, or at least we were. During our adventures in the garden we found a few grey mushrooms. My garden is small and surrounded by other houses in a built up suburban area (FYI). We used my brother's Playmobil cutlery and jugs to create a picnic feast for the 'fairies'. This whole time we weren't taking anything seriously, just having a bit of fun.

We filled up a tiny jug of water, and cut up tomato and strawberries and placed them on plates, on a small table under the mushrooms. Satisfied with our creation we decided to actually call the fairies to the feast. I had a basic metal swing, that both of us climbed onto and stood on either side. We sang random songs, something along the lines of: 'come out fairies'... After a few minutes what flew over our heads wasn't anything that resembled the ornaments my mum collected. Nor did it look like anything I'd seen before. The only way I can describe it is: a chocolate fairy. To which it is known to this day between my best friend and I.

It flew at about 4ft above our heads. Completely brown, every feature, every aspect. It wasn't dainty or particularly small. More like the sizing of a small doll. I remember it to have a hat on as well, it even smiled. Completely shocked and screaming we ran inside to my bedroom, where we sat for a moment in silence. We decided to write down a description of what we'd seen separately and compare. They were exactly the same. At the time I remember thinking it was amazing, mystifying and fun. But looking back it actually really creeps me out. I know it sounds hilarious. But I just imagine seeing it one day looking through the window or something; with that eery smile.

It's strange because over the years you begin to rationalise these strange experiences. Even if you still have no explanation. Time seems to invalidate what happened for no reason, other than it's so unbelievable. I really hope it was just some strange moment of shared imaginary experience that my best friend and I had. Otherwise what does it mean, what an earth was it? To this day we still remember and talk about the Chocolate Fairy, wondering if it lives purely in our minds or in the real world. As an agnostic that likes to know the facts about most things, no matter how strange.

It drives me insane that something like this has happened to me and I have no way of rationalising it. I've googled and asked around. I'm just met with 'no results' and (understandably) patronising smiles. I find the whole thing completely frustrating!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: