Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 05:59:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The resurrection of Mickey Rourke! The 62-year-old oozes sex appeal

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The resurrection of Mickey Rourke! The 62-year-old oozes sex appeal  (Read 157 times)
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: March 31, 2016, 11:48:46 pm »

The resurrection of Mickey Rourke! The 62-year-old oozes sex appeal with his face finally looking great after series of botched surgeries

By Bobbie Whiteman for MailOnline and Cassie Carpenter for MailOnline

Published: 19:48 EST, 8 August 2014 | Updated: 14:30 EST, 9 August 2014

View comments

He was once one of Hollywood's handsomest young stars.

But Mickey Rourke lost his good looks after years of boozing and boxing that smashed up his face and required reconstructive surgery, which he has admitted didn't turn out so well.

But the star, who turns 62 next month, looked back to his hunky best on a trip to his tailor in Beverly Hills on Thursday.

What a difference: Mickey Rourke, pictured (L) on a trip to his tailor on Thursday, had facial reconstruction surgery after punishing bouts as a pro boxer (R) and it has taken years to regain his handsome appearance
What a difference: Mickey Rourke, pictured (L) on a trip to his tailor on Thursday, had facial reconstruction surgery after punishing bouts as a pro boxer (R) and it has taken years to regain his handsome appearance

What a difference: Mickey Rourke, pictured (L) on a trip to his tailor on Thursday,  had facial reconstruction surgery after punishing bouts as a pro boxer (R) and it has taken years to regain his handsome appearance

The formerly stretched white skin of his now craggy face looked tanned and toned and he added definition to his chin with a small goatee, while a moustache shaped his top lip.

Mickey rocked silver hair extensions, a peach V-neck, khakis and cowboy boots for his errand.

And he had fun with tailor Gary Gagossian, brandishing a baseball bat while sitting in a brocade chair before checking out the second-generation suit maker's material.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:43 pm »

Real improvement: The face of the star, who turns 62 next month, has lost the stretched, pale appearance common after plastic surgery and now looks naturally craggy, toned and tanned

The actor's appearance was a far cry from the mess he got himself into in the early nineties when he took up boxing professionally, winning six out of six matches.

But the bouts took a terrible toll on his face and body.

In 2009 he talked about his reconstructive surgery, telling the MailOnline: 'Most of it was to mend the mess of my face because of the boxing, but I went to the wrong guy to put my face back together.

'I had my nose broken twice. I had five operations on my nose and one on a smashed cheekbone.'
Report Spam   Logged
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 11:51:20 pm »

Batter up! The smiling Hollywood tough guy brandished a baseball bat while visiting his tailor in Beverly Hills
Report Spam   Logged
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 11:51:52 pm »

King of the store! The celebrity held on to that bat as he sat in regal splendor on a brocade chair in suit maker Gary Gagossian's shop

Mickey's Hollywood career reached its peak in 1986 when he won the leading male role in the erotic drama 9 1/2 Weeks opposite Kim Basinger.

But the lead roles faded away as he dipped in and out of the movie business and boxing until he got a second shot at a meaty part with Sin City in 2005, a role he has reprised for the sequel with Jessica Alba due out this summer.

He was subsequently Oscar nominated for best actor for his role in The Wrestler.
Report Spam   Logged
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 11:52:37 pm »

Seriously hot: Mickey was at his hunky best and at the height of his career when he appeared in 9 1/2 Weeks with Kim Basinger in 1986

Mickey's touthful new appearance may also be due to the fact that he has been dating Russian model Anastassija Makarenko, 27, since 2009.

Meanwhile, on Thursday evening, the Golden Globe winner looked sharp in his pin-stripe waistcoat and trousers for an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in Hollywood.

The late-night host asked the Iron Man 2 actor why he hasn't starred in a comedy since Barry Levinson's 1982 film Diner.
The end result? On Thursday evening, the Golden Globe winner looked sharp in his pin-stripe waistcoat and trousers for an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in Hollywood
Report Spam   Logged
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 11:53:15 pm »

The end result? On Thursday evening, the Golden Globe winner looked sharp in his pin-stripe waistcoat and trousers for an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in Hollywood

The Baltimore-set dramedy received rave reviews, earned $14 million, and featured Kevin Bacon, Steve Guttenberg, Paul Reiser and Ellen Barkin.

'You probably liked it better than I did. It wasn't my thing. I didn't get the humor,' Mickey told Jimmy.

'Well, the guys where I came from we had a different sense of humor about what was funny. We would tie guys up, set 'em on fire, and p*** on 'em. We thought that was funny.'
Report Spam   Logged
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 11:53:52 pm »

'You probably liked it better than I did. It wasn't my thing. I didn't get the humor': The late-night host asked the Iron Man 2 actor why he hasn't starred in a comedy since Barry Levinson's 1982 film Diner
Report Spam   Logged
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 11:54:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Astor Kitsimble
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 11:54:49 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2720405/The-resurrection-Mickey-Rourke-The-62-year-old-oozes-sex-appeal-face-finally-looking-great-series-botched-surgeries.html
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: