Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:49:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton would consider declassifying government documents related to UFOs

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton would consider declassifying government documents related to UFOs  (Read 367 times)
Monument of Monsters

« on: March 12, 2016, 11:02:03 pm »

Clinton would consider declassifying government documents related to UFOs

A former chief of staff in the Clinton White House says ‘I think I’ve convinced [Hillary Clinton] that we need an effort to ... declassify as much as we can’
Hillary Clinton UFOs

In 2005, former president Bill Clinton told a Hong Kong audience that he has been attempting to crack any ‘X-files’ the government might possess. Photograph: Joe McBride/Getty Images

Scott Bixby in New York
@scottbix

Thursday 3 March 2016 16.22 EST
Last modified on Tuesday 8 March 2016 18.33 EST

John Podesta, chair of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, has declared that he has convinced the former secretary of state to explore declassifying any government documents that may relate to unidentified flying objects.

“I’ve talked to Hillary about that,” Podesta told KLAS-TV Politics NOW in Las Vegas. “There are still classified files that could be declassified.

“I think I’ve convinced her that we need an effort to kind of go look at that and declassify as much as we can, so that people have their legitimate questions answered. More attention and more discussion about unexplained aerial phenomena can happen without people – who are in public life, who are serious about this – being ridiculed.”
Which issue do you want US election candidates to discuss?
Read more

As reported in the Huffington Post, Podesta, a former chief of staff in the Clinton White House who has been a longtime advocate on the issue, told the station that “the UFO question has been discussed” with the former first lady.

It’s not the first time that aliens and their spacecraft have made an appearance – rhetorically, at least – on the Clinton campaign trail. In January, Clinton told a New Hampshire newspaper that she would “get to the bottom” of questions about how much the federal government may know about extraterrestrials.

In 2005, former president Bill Clinton told a Hong Kong audience that he has been attempting to crack any “X-files” the government might possess:

I did attempt to find out if there were any secret government documents that reveal things, and if there were, they were concealed from me, too. I wouldn’t be the first president that underlings have lied to or that career bureaucrats have waited out. But there may be some career person sitting around somewhere hiding these dark secrets, even from elected presidents. But, if so, they successfully eluded me, and I’m almost embarrassed to tell you I did try to find out.

Podesta, who also served as a senior advisor to Barack Obama, has cited his inability to determine the truth about UFOs as one of his “biggest failures” while serving in government.

“I come in for my fair share of people raising questions about whether I’m off my rocker, but I’ve been a longtime advocate of declassification of records,” Podesta told KLAS. “People really want to know what the government knows.”

This article was updated on 8 March 2016 to add attribution to the Huffington Post, from which many of the quotes in this article were taken.

Report Spam   Logged

"The Sleep of Reason Brings Monsters."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Monument of Monsters

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 11:02:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Monument of Monsters

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 11:03:28 pm »

Well, this should create quite the dilemma for Alex Jones.
Report Spam   Logged

Monument of Monsters

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 11:04:05 pm »

Well, she's better than Trump.
Report Spam   Logged

Tesha Dodge
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 09:58:54 pm »

Clinton campaigner talks about UFO disclosure
Posted on Saturday, 12 March, 2016

The former first lady has promised to look in to the topic of UFOs. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Marc Nozell
John Podesta maintains that he has convinced Hillary Clinton to declassify secret documents about UFOs.
Earlier this year the democratic presidential candidate expressed a keen interest in UFO disclosure and told a reporter that she was going to make an effort to "get to the bottom of" the phenomenon.

Now John Podesta, chair of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and long time UFO enthusiast, has spoken out on the issue by confirming that he has discussed the matter with her at length.

"I think I’ve convinced her that we need an effort to kind of go look at that and declassify as much as we can, so that people have their legitimate questions answered," he told KLAS-TV.

"More attention and more discussion about unexplained aerial phenomena can happen without people – who are in public life, who are serious about this – being ridiculed."

"People really want to know what the government knows."

The Clinton household is certainly no stranger to the subject of UFOs as former President Bill Clinton has also spoken out about the phenomenon on more than one occasion.

"I did attempt to find out if there were any secret government documents that reveal things, and if there were, they were concealed from me, too," he said back in 2005. " I wouldn’t be the first president that underlings have lied to or that career bureaucrats have waited out."

Whether the former first lady will fare any better however remains to be seen.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/03/hillary-clinton-declassify-government-documents-ufos
Report Spam   Logged
Tesha Dodge
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 09:59:29 pm »

I wonder, through Congressional legislation, what a sitting President is allowed to know or not know.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: