Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:39:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Haunting (1963) vs. The Haunting (1999)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Haunting (1963) vs. The Haunting (1999)  (Read 400 times)
Robey
Superhero Member

« on: March 08, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »

And just in case someone is Googling it, The Hauntening did make about $177,000,000 at the box office, classifying it as a commercial success.  That says nothing about and has nothing to do with its aesthetic value and merit.  Michael Bay’s first Transformers flick was awful.  His second was an affront.  His third was so grotesquely sucky that it finally convinced millions of people they didn’t need to see the fourth.  All of them, though, made hundreds of millions of dollars.  As people love eating crappy fast food, they love watching even crappier movies.  That doesn’t make either good or good for them.

The Hauntening’s Nell, like her counterpart Eleanor, is a young woman who spent most of her adult life caring for her invalid and demanding mother.  In The Haunting, that left Eleanor with deep emotional wounds and those left her open to the influence of Hill House.  Nell’s past doesn’t much define her in any way and has absolutely nothing to do with a labored and illogical plot twist which takes an incompetent reproduction of a quality motion picture and drags it down to the level of “Why the bleep am I watching this crap?”
Am I Jewish? Italian? Episcopalian? Seriously, what's my last name!?!?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: