Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:44:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Are Gargoyles Real?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Gargoyles Real?  (Read 642 times)
Noss

« on: March 05, 2016, 04:35:39 pm »

In 1963, I was about 15 years old and my sister was about 11 years old.  We lived in Colma, California, known as the Cemetary capital of the world.  My mother use to send us off to gather berries in an uncultivated area of the city that had a deep ravine. 

This particular day she sent the both of us to gather the berries, my sister and I found some bushes impacted with berries so we started filling our baskets.  I looked further down the ravine and saw a large object.  Being curious and adventurous I climbed down the hill to it.  To my horror I saw this huge, ugly dragon-like object that was stiff and probably dead.  As I was screaming for my sister to come down, I looked it over mesmerized by how odd it looked.  It was about 8 ft in length, bat-like wings outstretched about another 8 ft, huge claw-like feet, and a squarish long head with huge, sharp teeth.  It looked dead, laying on it's back and it's claws were pointing stiffly upward.  My sister finally arrived, but by that time I was ready to run for my life, calling out to her to run with me, she was standing there hypnotized by the sight of the grotesque looking beast.  After screaming at her a number of times to follow me, she finally started screaming too and followed me running all the way home.  Mom asked us what we were so upset about and we told her our story.  She laughed at us but asked our brother to follow us back to our sighting because we both screamed out to her the same story.  We arrived back at the scene with my brother, but the mysterious animal had disappeared.  My brother laughed at us all the way home, but to this day my sister and I remember that day and the animal we saw in vivid detail. 

After becoming adults we saw movies about gargoyles and realized that, that was the animal we saw when we were young.  I've done some internet research, but have never found anyone who ever saw one.  All the stories about these mysterious animals say that they are mythical, but I know and believe they are real. 

I'm 61 years old, old enough to know better, and stick to my experience 100%.  This was no childhood dream.  My sister and I both remember that day.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Noss

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 04:39:06 pm »

I'm serious about what we saw.  Plus, I wasn't a child, I was 15 years old.  I am 61 years old today and still remember what I saw very clearly.  My sister saw the same thing.  Also, what happened to the supposed dead animal when we came back?  I believe, as the supposed myths say, gargoyles do not leave their dead behind so a live one came and swooped it away.  That's why I came forward with my story, so that others who have experienced the same will also come forward.
Report Spam   Logged
Disturbed

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:40:42 pm »

Hi I read your story it shows back in 2016 this is now 2017 I dunno if you are still on here but I can relate
Can you contact me hearts_desired 7370@yahoo.com
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: