Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 01:10:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton ripped off Edwards' health care plan says wife

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton ripped off Edwards' health care plan says wife  (Read 82 times)
Kristina
Superhero Member

« on: September 20, 2007, 01:08:03 pm »

Clinton ripped off Edwards' health care plan says wife

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) – Elizabeth Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, attacked Sen. Hillary Clinton's health care plan Wednesday as a carbon copy of her husband's plan, and accused the New York Democrat of selling lobbyists insider access to the government.

In an interview with CNN before attending a rally here for protestors on behalf of six African-American students in Jena, Louisiana, Mrs. Edwards accused Clinton of "insider cronyism" and trading political access for campaign donations. This comes on the heels of similar sentiments put forth by her husband in recent weeks.

"You can have a meeting with a member of Congress if you donate to Hillary's campaign," said Mrs. Edwards. "What this is saying is she's willing to sell special access to the government if you just have the check. Isn't that just exactly what John is saying we shouldn't be doing?"

Mrs. Edwards also said that she sees almost no differences between Clinton's health care plan, unveiled Monday in Des Moines, and that of her husband.

"I don't call it Senator Clinton's health care plan," Edwards said. "I call it John Edwards' health care plan as delivered by Hillary Clinton. The truth is that anyone who tries to describe Hillary's health care plan will run through every material part of John's health care plan.

"I just have to wonder, if John released his plan at the beginning of February, what took her seven and a half months to endorse it? We're glad for the endorsement."
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:20:56 pm »

I'm from North Carolina, and I once supported Edwards. But I became disillusioned when I found out he is building a $6 million house, and he gets $400 hairdos.  He seems like a bit of a phony to me.  Today I just got my hair cut for $14 plus tip.  So why does he deserve my vote?  Sad
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:22:33 pm by Tom Hebert » Report Spam   Logged
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:38:11 am »

Hi Tom, issues like the $400 haircut and the six million dollar house are issues meant to distract you from the real issues. He didn't set out to pay $400 on a haircut, that was simply the fee he was charged for flying someone in to do it.

Point is, most of the people running for President are all rich.

Mitt Romney, for instance, is worth 250 million and has spent a lot of money, too, on, believe it or not, makeup. That doesn't get a lot of press because the corporate media is all about propping up these big business-supporting Republicans.

Most of them also have rich houses, are Republicans the only ones entitled to make money? I have also heard that Elizabeth Edwards has, on occasion, given tours to people who have stopped by the house. Both she and Edwards are as genuine as they come.  Edwards made his money defending the helpless against the abuses of big corporations. Of course those corporations don't want him to be President.

Just because a rich person wants to help the poor doesn't make them a "phony," that's what the rich (in my opinion) have an obligation to do.  What better purpose can the rich have but to help the poor?

It is too bad that so many people are distracted by superficial issues, it is a trap people fall into time and time again, which is why we end up with superficial Presidents like Bush. Maybe sometimes America gets the Presidents it deserves, because they really don't want any substance in their campaigns.  And that is why so many end up suffering.
Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:58:15 am »

Hi Adrienne,

Sorry, but I stand by what I have said.  You are right that haircuts are superficial, but that's just my point.  Why is this guy spending $400 to fly somebody in to do his hair?  Why doesn't he spend his time and money concentrating on the important issues of the day instead of appearances.

Romney would not be a good argument here.  I consider him even MORE of a phony than Edwards!

I agree with you that most candidates are rich, and a candidate almost has to be rich nowadays to run a successful campaign.  Being rich is not a sin in my book.  It's how one uses one's money that counts.  That reveals the real man.

Sadly, I really don't think we have any good choices for this coming election, and I agree with you that America gets the president she deserves.

Hi Tom, issues like the $400 haircut and the six million dollar house are issues meant to distract you from the real issues. He didn't set out to pay $400 on a haircut, that was simply the fee he was charged for flying someone in to do it.

Point is, most of the people running for President are all rich.

Mitt Romney, for instance, is worth 250 million and has spent a lot of money, too, on, believe it or not, makeup. That doesn't get a lot of press because the corporate media is all about propping up these big business-supporting Republicans.

Most of them also have rich houses, are Republicans the only ones entitled to make money? I have also heard that Elizabeth Edwards has, on occasion, given tours to people who have stopped by the house. Both she and Edwards are as genuine as they come.  Edwards made his money defending the helpless against the abuses of big corporations. Of course those corporations don't want him to be President.

Just because a rich person wants to help the poor doesn't make them a "phony," that's what the rich (in my opinion) have an obligation to do.  What better purpose can the rich have but to help the poor?

It is too bad that so many people are distracted by superficial issues, it is a trap people fall into time and time again, which is why we end up with superficial Presidents like Bush. Maybe sometimes America gets the Presidents it deserves, because they really don't want any substance in their campaigns.  And that is why so many end up suffering.
Report Spam   Logged
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 06:11:41 pm »

Why is this guy spending $400 to fly somebody in to do his hair?  Why doesn't he spend his time and money concentrating on the important issues of the day instead of appearances.

Because, in this day and age, unfortunately, Tom, the "beauty contest" or the visuals on the TV set are just as important as what a candidate's message is.  Unfortunately, this country probably would not elect Franklin Roosevelt these days if they had to see him campaigning, getting out of a wheelchair, and, outside of Lincoln, he was our greatest President.

The point is, Edwards did not set out to pay that much for a haircut, that's what he was charged, and the charge probably included plane fare.

There are no perfect candidates.  The best thing you can do is choose someone who's positions you think are most important and vote for them.  If you are waiting for someone who there is not a negative word ever said about, well, that person doesn't exist.
Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: