Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:33:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Stephen King & Intelligent Design

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephen King & Intelligent Design  (Read 493 times)
Brandi Davitte
Superhero Member

« on: January 12, 2016, 08:05:49 pm »

Stephen King & Intelligent Design

From an article back in 2014:

"The very construction of the world and the fact that we seem to be the only blue-populated planet in the universe — and we've been looking for quite a while now, at least since the late 50s —it makes you have to believe that if we happened by accident, it would make winning the lottery look like flipping a coin," King told host Josh Zepps. "It's so complex. So I have a tendency to believe in intelligent design."

"The other thing is that I think believing in a God, a higher power or some sort of a spiritual force, is enriching to a person's life," King said. "So, while I don't hold any brief for the afterlife one way or another — I'm an agnostic that way — I love the idea that there could be a power greater than myself that's sort of writing the script. I try to live my life by saying that God may be watching out for me, but I still had better only cross when the little man turns white."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Brandi Davitte
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 08:07:45 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/25/stephen-king-intelligent-design_n_5878408.html

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2014/09/in_endorsing_in090101.html

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:29:34 pm »

"The other thing is that I think believing in a God, a higher power or some sort of a spiritual force, is enriching to a person's life," King said. "So, while I don't hold any brief for the afterlife one way or another — I'm an agnostic that way — I love the idea that there could be a power greater than myself that's sort of writing the script. I try to live my life by saying that God may be watching out for me, but I still had better only cross when the little man turns white."

What color is the little man now? I had always thought that Zeus was a great, big, and all powerful white Greek, and so was His Son, Hercules. It was Zeus that wrote the script for Atlantis, since he gathered the gods together, and then pronounced the sentence to bring Atlantis back in tune. And that's the gospel truth!

Report Spam   Logged
Arturo
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 07:28:22 pm »

A man more encumbered with logic might also realize that God and Zeus are not the same person.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: