Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 11:29:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'Dark' memories: The original 'Dark Shadows' cast

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Dark' memories: The original 'Dark Shadows' cast  (Read 716 times)
Janelle MacDonald

« on: January 04, 2016, 06:21:16 pm »

ROGER DAVIS

The live-on-tape "Dark Shadows" became famous — or infamous — for its bloopers. Roger Davis, who played a string of heroes on the show, has the distinction of being involved in one of the scant few bloopers that was so bad, it had to be reshot.

Recalled the actor: "Whenever I'm asked if I brought home any souvenirs from the show, I always say, 'I brought home an arm.' You see, the arm inside the box (a prop for a scene) was my arm. That was how we did it. They had a fake arm on the bottom of the box; it looked like it held the box. They had the box tied to me, so I could use the fake arm and I had my own arm in the box.

"But the first time we did it, when I lifted it up to choke (another actor), the box dropped! It was hanging off my arm! Well, we were taping, so we had to do it over.

"That's the only time that Dan (Curtis) would do it over. He would only do it over if it looked really bad. If you missed a line, you were out of luck."

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: