Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:01:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATE # 373

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATE # 373  (Read 108 times)
Victoria Liss
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:51 pm »

SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATE  # 373

February 1. 2016

The Official "Dark Shadows" Published Newsletters by Postal Mail

The Official Dark Shadows News Online Updates by Email Posts

Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Updates

An Official Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM

Marcy Robin – ShadowGram

P.O. Box 1766

Temple City, CA 91780-7766

Shadowgram@aol.com

Shadowgram1@yahoo.com

Each of these SG News Updates is posted FIRST through the ShadowGram Group at Yahoo.com, then dispersed to other social media. Joining the Group is free and directions are later in this Update.

To receive a SG Group invitation, or to learn more about the ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows Published Newsletters by postal-mail subscription, or if you have any questions, please directly contact Marcy Robin by email:  ShadowGram@aol.com

You also can join the SG Group directly at :http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

Update Number 373

February 1, 2016

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), provides the following news in this ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows News Online Update "Bulletin."

**** UPDATE MESSAGE FROM SHADOWGRAM’S MARCY ROBIN

It’s been several weeks since the last SG DS News Online Update and I’ve been silent during that time. I appreciate everyone’s patience and messages of concern and now explain why.

In the pre-dawn hours of a morning in late December, an accidental electrical fire (no way of knowing there was any danger) erupted in the garage of my home. It consumed the garage, which is attached to my house. The blaze destroyed virtually everything inside the garage (no cars were kept there).

Thankfully, the local fire station is very close to my home. I’d barely hung up on my 911 phone call when the firefighters and local sheriffs began arriving. Their wonderful efforts contained the blaze to the garage building itself. However, smoke permeated the entire house and all its contents, making it uninhabitable until the smoke damage and repairs can be fully cleaned, cleared, and completed.

I am most thankful that no one – including our 4 cats - was hurt. I also deeply appreciate the kindness and support from those superb first responders, then and since that terrible morning. However, we were (and have been) very shaken up and are continuing to cope with all aspects of the fire and its aftermath.

The insurance company was “on top of” things from the first call we made to report the fire – in fact, it was still burning when we called. Insurance personnel quickly arranged temporary housing for us (and also boarding the 4 cats at the veterinary hospital). Insurance also soon brought in the various appropriate companies to assess all the damage, clean out debris, determine construction requirements, procedures, needs, etc. Every single thing in the house had to be removed and is being restored and cleaned via the ozone process.

We and the cats now are settled in a long-term temporary location several miles from the house. We’ve also returned to our jobs. The insurance company and others involved in the work keep us fully informed, meeting and checking with us, etc., as things gradually progress.

This entire experience has been extremely upsetting, overwhelming, and disruptive in every possible way. Yet the support, concern, and encouragement from others have been so uplifting and true blessings. The house and garage will require thorough, extensive work inside and out. This is projected to take several months to complete. (The potential effects of predicted El Nino heavy rains hopefully won’t occur or create delays.)We are just so grateful for everyone and everything that have been – and are – there for us and the cats.

Thank you for your understanding.

**** NOTE: DS FESTIVAL – DS 50TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

With the terrific ongoing help of Kathy Resch, I WILL continue to post these ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows News Online Updates as I receive DS-related news, including confirmed developments for our Dark Shadows Festival DS 50th Anniversary Celebration on June 24-26 in Tarrytown, NY.

Thus, I soon will announce membership and Luncheon rates, procedure details, and the latest official information for this Celebration / Cast & Fan Reunion

These ShadowGram Official DS News Online Updates – always posted first through the ShadowGram Group at Yahoo,com – also will continue to announce and report DS and Fest news as the 50th Anniversary approaches.

If you haven’t done so yet, fans who plan to attend this very special commemorative event are encouraged to please send an unsealed business-size SAFSE (Self-Addressed Forever-Stamp Envelope) to:

Dark Shadows Festival

PO Box 92

Maplewood, NJ 07040

Your SAFSE later will be returned to you via postal-mail with the official Fest membership form and other information. You fill out the form and mail it, your check/money order payments, and 2 more SAFSEs to the Fest address above

I hope you can join us for this very special Commemoration weekend, June 24-26, 2016, in Tarrytown, NY (approx. 25 miles north of midtown Manhattan). Weekend activities and programming – with our DS guests and fans of all ages from across the US and beyond – will be held at the DoubleTree Hotel and the historic Lyndhurst Estate and Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. The estate and cemetery were filming locations for the 2 MGM theatrical movies “House of Dark Shadows” (1970) and “Night of Dark Shadows” (1971). They all are a few miles from each other.

These ShadowGram Official DS Online News Updates will report future Fest Celebration announcements and plans.

ShadowGram Online Update # 370 (11-19-15) premiere-announced our confirmed DS guests as of that date and I’ll report more guests as they confirm. Subsequent ShadowGram Updates have provided further definite Fest news. These previous Updates can be read by Group members who go to the ShadowGram Group at Yahoo.com.

As I personally receive specific, time-sensitive news, SG Online Updates like this one are posted first through the SG Group at Yahoo.com. Each Update then is posted to various other social media.

Joining the ShadowGram Group is easy and free. Once you’re a Group member, you will be among the first to directly receive every SG Update in your email inbox. Here are the directions.

*** TO DIRECTLY RECEIVE THESE SHADOWGRAM ONLINE NEWS UPDATES VIA THE FREE SHADOWGRAM GROUP AT YAHOO.COM:

--- If you’re already a Yahoo member, go to the yahoo.com website. Find the GROUPS tab on the main page. Click there and type   Shadowgram   in the Search box. It will take you to the Group. Continue from there.

--- If you’re not already a Yahoo member of the ShadowGram Group, please go to http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

Then follow the steps to become a Group member.

If you prefer, you can request an invitation, which makes it even easier to join the Group.

To do so, please directly send your request with your full name and full email address to Marcy Robin at   ShadowGram@aol.com

Once you sign up for the Group or accept the invitation, you are a Group member. You then will receive the breaking-news Updates via email as they are posted. You also can follow past news developments as they happened by reading recent Updates at the ShadowGram Group page at Yahoo.com..

If you'd like more information or have questions, please e-mail Marcy Robin at ShadowGram@aol.com

**** This Update (and every Update) is posted FIRST to the ShadowGram Group at Yahoo.com, then to several DS Facebook groups. Updates also are dispersed by interested fans to various lists, boards, websites, groups, blogs, pages, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc., in individual personal emails, and other online / print communications.

PLEASE always include ShadowGram's complete e- and postal- mail addresses and subscription information in all of your online sharing. Thank you.

**** SHADOWGRAM PUBLISHED NEWSLETTERS VIA POSTAL-MAIL

--- Each complete SG print newsletter provides in-depth reports, confirmed and official details, photos, DS personnel’s own comments and messages for SG readers, publicity and media coverage, exclusive materials, official advance information, and more.

To subscribe / renew to the ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows Newsletters:

--- US & Canadian First Class subscriptions: $12.00 for 4 issues, $24.00 for 8 issues.

---Overseas subscriptions: US $20.00 for 4 issues, US $40.00 for 8 issues.

Please send subscription / renewal payment by check or money order, made payable to:

Marcy Robin

P.O. Box 1766

Email: ShadowGram@aol.com

Subscription/renewal payments also can be made via PayPal to: ShadowGram@aol.com

Each SG Published Newsletter features confirmed news and information direct from the DS cast / crew about their projects and activities, Dan Curtis Productions, the DS Festival, Big Finish Productions, MPI, and others involved in DS today. The print newsletters feature exclusive and behind-the-scenes photos, premiere announcements,  messages to the fans from the DS personnel, detailed reports, publicity materials, media coverage, updates for DS guest/fan gatherings, plus all the definite DS news and plans.

SHADOWGRAM invites all fans to please share any DS-related materials you find at any time. These can be on-air, in print, and online, international, nationwide, or local, including media publicity and mentions, photos, articles, reviews, interviews, commentaries, etc. Fans attending personal appearances by the DS actors always are encouraged to please share with SG their reports, photos, video footage, program books, local publicity, media articles, interviews, reviews, etc.  Each experience and perspective is unique and helps let SG readers who can’t attend “be there with you.”

All such items can be hard copies (photographs, newspapers, magazines, program books, flyers). You can email photos and articles at high resolution or send materials via postal-mail. Please always include your full name and the complete name and date of the source.

Please send all items to ShadowGram’s postal- and e- mail addresses above / below.

You will be named as a Contributor in the published SG newsletter. You also may receive a complementary Contributor's Copy for major donations of photos, video footage, information, funds, postage stamps, supplies, publicity, assistance, etc. Thank you in advance for your support and sharing.

All information is important to ShadowGram. Subscribers of all ages are across the US and beyond. I directly send complimentary copies of every issue to many of the DS cast/crew, whom I’ve known and worked closely with for many years. They share with me their news, photos, and messages to the fans for SG’s readers. They also enjoy learning about their DS colleagues in SG's pages.

SHADOWGRAM (SG) is the recognized * Official * "Dark Shadows" Newsletter. Much of its news is provided directly to me by the show's cast, crew, and those involved in the 1966-71 TV series and the 1991 TV series. Established 36+ years ago in April, 1979, SG always works closely with the DS personnel and related individuals, companies, and others involved in DS' creation, distribution, promotion, merchandise, etc. The complete, detailed SG print issues usually are published 2-3 times during a year.

Please see complete subscription information and contact addresses above / below. For more information or if you have any questions, please email or send a SAFSE (Self-Addressed Forever-Stamped Envelope) to these postal- or e- mail addresses.

Thank you.

Marcy Robin

ShadowGram Editor / Publisher

P.O. Box 1766

Email: ShadowGram@aol.com

Email: ShadowGram1@yahoo.com

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: