Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:24:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hemlock Grove

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hemlock Grove  (Read 148 times)
Mistress of Horror

« on: January 02, 2016, 11:09:56 pm »

Hemlock Grove is available to stream on Netflix now.  It is seriously addictive!  It is a new series made for Netflix that was produced by Eli Roth and the first episide is directed by him also.  It is a little strange and off-beat like Twin Peaks.

The transformation sequence is great from the video i seen ....

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mistress of Horror

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:10:42 pm »

Well, I just finished watching all 13 episodes, and I want more! Yes the show is not perfect… It suffers from stiff dialogue at times but it also has some really great lines in every episode! I find Famke’s accent distracting as well. However, I do know her character is supposed to be a European Upyr. So the accent is crucial to the character and we will probably get more back story on her in season 2. That is if we get a season 2…
The story gets more involved and interesting as the season goes, so I wouldn’t judge the whole show by just two or three shows. I think the reason the show is getting poor reviews by critics is that they keep comparing it to House of Cards. Personally, I didn’t care for House of Cards that much and lost interest about half way through the season. So to each their own. And genre fans keep comparing it to True Blood or American Horror Story and it just doesn’t hold up to those shows at all. I think a better comparison is to Vampire Diaries. But to compare it to Twilight? No way. It is not even similar at all. There is a love triangle but every Vampire movie or show has a love triangle these days. Actually, Bram Stoker’s Dracula had a love triangle as well. So I guess they can all be traced back to that one in one way or another.
My favourite character in the series is Shelley. I think the actress, Nicky Boivin, did a great job considering all she gets to do is grunt and point. In fact all the younger actors were good. Bill Skarsgard reminds me of a young James Spader at times. There is a great monologue at the end of episode 12 by the killer. Such classic horror monologuing going on there!
My major complaint about the show is that it needed more killings and gory scenes. even when a character died they would show it off screen and then flash to the bloody aftermath. maybe this was because of budget constraints? I keep hearing how so many people love the transformation scene in episode two. it was good but not great. Seriously, those who think it was great or awesome need to watch An American Werewolf in London again! Anyway, I hope Netflix gives us a second season because I am completely hooked on this show!
Report Spam   Logged
Mistress of Horror

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:12:12 pm »

*** SPOILER ***
One thing I'm curious about, is in the very first episode, with the first girl that was killed...it was the female girl wolf right?  Wasn't the car actually liked knocked sideways though?  I watched it twice and seem to remember that.  Would the wolf of been able to do that?  Could it have been one of the dragons (son or mom) that did that?  Or am I missing that it actually was one of the dragons?  Seems that the drunk guy was suggesting it was a dragon.
*** END SPOILER ***
Report Spam   Logged
Demon to Some, A Nightmare to Others..!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:39:22 am »

Holy hell. They put a new spin on transformation. That was some crazy ****.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: