Atlantis Online
July 22, 2019, 10:08:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Startling new report on Oak Island could ‘rewrite history’ of the Americas

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Startling new report on Oak Island could ‘rewrite history’ of the Americas  (Read 258 times)
Mia Knight

« on: December 19, 2015, 06:06:51 pm »

“When you put all these things together and you look at the anomalies, it’s not a coincidence,” he says. “The plants, the DNA, the artifacts, the language, the ancient drawings - you have something that deserves to be taken seriously.

“We have absolutely been lead to believe that nothing happened on this side of the pond before Christopher Columbus. That’s a church-induced concept. All the ancient records that exist make it very clear the world was circumnavigated and the world was round.

“But when the Catholic Church and the Romans came in, all those records were destroyed – so we had to kind of re-learn this stuff. History is political on our side of the pond. There’s been so much politicizing of who is native, and what was the first nation, that when discoveries come about that change this, it’s wildly controversial.

“The problem is, to rewrite history it would mean rewriting every textbook and university course in the world. That’s the detriment. I think anything that challenges history is very risky, very dangerous and extremely political. But I think the world has matured and history may force politics to mature.”

Speaking about the report, he said his team of researchers include experts and academics who are largely ‘out of the system’ so have nothing to lose by supporting unorthodox theories. “Some are retired, and some have left the system for various reasons,” Pulitzer explained. “I think we should all fight for the truth and people should make up their own minds. We are just saying ‘here’s what we have found’.”

Research team member Prof Carl Johannessen, formerly of the University of Oregon, agrees: “Our research challenges the orthodoxy of 1492 as the pivotal date when the New World met the Old World.”

Praising the TV show, Pulitzer said Curse of Oak Island had ‘captured people’s imaginations’ by offering viewers the exciting opportunity to see history unfold on their television sets. However, he criticsised the show’s producers for showing little interest in alternative theories outside those of the Knights Templar, as he says ‘that is what they think audiences are hoping to see’.

“Google will tell you that most of the searches for ‘Oak Island’ also include a reference to the Knights Templar,” said Pulitzer. “Television uses this information to appeal to the fans of those types of theories. But I’m a historian and forensic researcher. My job is to not believe any particular theory, but let the evidence tell me where to go.”

On the show Pultizer told the Lagina brothers he believed the area of Oak Island was visited in the past by Templars - but that they were ‘looking for something’ - the same as teams are today.

“I believe that many different ancient mariner societies came to Oak Island and it was an important stop-over for them,” he says.

“We just hope our report will open the dialogue that will re-write history as we know it. If we can just get rid of this Columbus conspiracy.”

Concluding, he added: “I think as humans we have evolved enough to be able to handle the truth now. It’s time for theory to be reflected by hard science. Even if there’s no gold inside Oak Island - it’s a trillion-dollar treasure we are uncovering in history for our children and grandchildren.”

The AAPS team’s report is scheduled to be published in full in early 2016.

Visit Pulitzer’s website www.investigatinghistory.org for more.

Photo: investigatinghistory.org

Read more: http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/local/startling-new-report-on-oak-island-could-rewrite-history-of-the-americas-1-7118097#ixzz3uoaWDwnI
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: