Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:50:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis Maps & Images

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis Maps & Images  (Read 2291 times)
Alexander
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 04:51:56 am »

Schöner's Methodology For Cartographic Incorporation Of New Discoveries

Referencing a collection of ancient unidentifiable maps for a possible previous charting of the recent discovery,
Reconciling the new discovery to one of these ancient maps, and
Scaling the ancient design to match the new discovery.

http://www.atlantismaps.com/chapter_3.html
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 02:01:20 pm »

Artist's rendition of the capital city of Atlantis depicting the common belief that beyond the three walls of the multi-ringed capital existed a fourth circular wall lying 50 stades (5.7 miles/9,2 km) beyond the outermost ring. The entrance through this wall can be seen in the lower left corner.

My good Alexander, are those your words? The true configuration of the three walls? But where in the cartoon map is the great fosse? The one that goes around the plain and then meeting at the city is let off into the sea? Is it not Plato's city, the one within or without the 3 walls? And is not this circular city the capital of Atlantis, the one near the center of the Plain? You know, the plain that is a rectangle of 3,000 X 2,000 stadia.

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 02:09:23 pm »

Common misconception of a fourth wall lying 5.7 miles from the city complex and completely encircling it. Interaction between those living on this outer wall and the merchant ships filling the canal would have been minimal, limited to the entrance of the channel while there would have been absolutely no interaction with the ships in the city's outer harbor, seemingly conflicting with Plato's account.

I see you have posted many maps. But I fail to see what is your intent, or how they are all related with each other, for each other, against each other, or none of the others. I see in this other map of Atlantis, the one with more of a Google realistic image, that there are no private or community swimming pools. Not even the ones for the horses. Why?  I think that the photo is a fake.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 02:22:22 pm »

This image demonstrates the correct placement of the three walls directly in and around the city complex. The wall of brass surrounded the 'outermost circle' of water, or harbor. The tin wall followed next, lining the outermost circle of land followed by the wall of orichalcum which surrounded the citadel, the central island.

What is your opinion as to why the Atlanteans constructed such extensive walls from prized metals, and not from all those beautiful red, black, and white stones? And what would you say was the height and thickness of those metal walls? And do you think that the sun reflecting off the shinning metal blinded the sailors as they came into the harbors? Or was it that they only came in during the cover of night, and that is why there was so much din and clatter of all sorts night and day around the docks?
Report Spam   Logged
Alexander
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2016, 05:00:47 pm »

I see you have posted many maps. But I fail to see what is your intent, or how they are all related with each other, for each other, against each other, or none of the others. I see in this other map of Atlantis, the one with more of a Google realistic image, that there are no private or community swimming pools. Not even the ones for the horses. Why?  I think that the photo is a fake.

Well, I posted all those maps because we are studying Atlantis here and thought they might be of interest to fellow researchers. I don't know why you wouldn't personally find them useful. Of course all the maps are representations, as far as I know, Atlantis was never photographed in its prime.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Alexander
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 05:03:45 pm »

What is your opinion as to why the Atlanteans constructed such extensive walls from prized metals, and not from all those beautiful red, black, and white stones? And what would you say was the height and thickness of those metal walls? And do you think that the sun reflecting off the shinning metal blinded the sailors as they came into the harbors? Or was it that they only came in during the cover of night, and that is why there was so much din and clatter of all sorts night and day around the docks?

These observations all seem a little superficial and a bit spurious. I am interested in doing practical research here, as are others. Get with the program.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: