Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:52:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Bermuda Triangle: Whatever became of the myth

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bermuda Triangle: Whatever became of the myth  (Read 866 times)
Ysidria

« on: December 07, 2015, 12:55:28 am »

He attempted to locate his position by studying the islands below. “I am over land but it is broken,” he said. “I am sure I’m in the [Florida] Keys, but I don’t know how far down.”
The final moments of Flight 19 must remain as speculation: despite extensive seabed searches, the planes were never found.
A dissenting voice was heard on the radio. “Dammit, if we could just fly west, we would get home. Head west, dammit.” Someone on board, it seems, knew that they were on course for disaster.
The Fort Lauderdale ground staff made frantic efforts to contact Lt Taylor, but their messages were not picked up. They eventually managed to triangulate Flight 19’s position and it was most alarming. The planes were north of the Bahamas, miles from land.
“All planes, close up tight,” radioed Taylor at 6.20pm. “We’ll have to ditch unless landfall. When the first plane drops below 10 gallons, we all go down together.”
The final moments of Flight 19 must remain as speculation: despite extensive seabed searches, the planes were never found. They presumably ditched into the sea, where conditions had deteriorated since they left Fort Lauderdale. The choppy waves would have soon swallowed the heavy Avengers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: