Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:35:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Bermuda Triangle: Whatever became of the myth

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bermuda Triangle: Whatever became of the myth  (Read 867 times)
Ysidria

« on: December 07, 2015, 12:54:55 am »

American Navy Avenger planes, the same kind of planes which disappeared in the Bermuda triangle  Photo: Getty
Berlitz’s theories were so popular that when Steven Spielberg made Close Encounters of the Third Kind, he depicted the Flight 19 aircrews as having been abducted by aliens.
Seventy years after the disappearance of Flight 19, the truth about what happened can finally be unravelled. At the time of the loss, much attention was focussed on the skill of the squadron’s leader, Lieutenant Charles Taylor. An accomplished pilot with 2,500 hours of flying experience, he had an unblemished track record as an instructor. His student pilots were also highly capable, having clocked up some 300 hours of flying time.
Nor were there any reported problems with the aircraft. They were fully fuelled and had passed all their pre-flight checks. They took off without incident at 2.10pm and were soon heading due east, towards Abaco Island in the northern Bahamas.
Snatches of the radio conversations between the aircrews allow for a partial reconstruction of that afternoon’s flight. At around 3.40pm, one of the crew was heard asking for a compass reading.
“I don’t know where we are,” was the response. “We must have got lost after that last turn.” Minutes later, Lt Taylor was heard to say: “Both my compasses are out and I am trying to find Fort Lauderdale, Florida.”
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: