Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:36:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'Beast of Bolton' spotted near UK reservoir

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Beast of Bolton' spotted near UK reservoir  (Read 351 times)
By Demons Driven
Superhero Member

« on: November 16, 2015, 02:32:51 am »

'Beast of Bolton' spotted near UK reservoir
Posted on Saturday, 14 November, 2015

What was the black creature spotted in Bolton ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Airwolfhound
A large black creature with yellow eyes was encountered by a woman who was out driving on Tuesday night.
Natalie Kay had been returning from a shopping trip along Doe Hey Road in Farnworth at around 9:30pm when a large animal jumped in front of her vehicle, forcing her to slam on the brakes.

"It just stopped dead right in the middle of the road and was staring at me," she said.

"I knew it wasn’t a dog. It looked like a cat but it wasn’t. It was much bigger and had a long tail, pointed ears and these greedy yellow eyes. It was about the same size as the bonnet of my car."

The unidentified animal remained motionless on the road for several seconds before dashing away at considerable speed down a nearby dirt track towards a local reservoir.

"It was really scary. I haven’t seen anything like that before," said Kay.

It has been suggested that the creature she encountered was the infamous 'Beast of Bolton', a mysterious denizen that was last reported in the area more than five years ago.

The most likely explanation however is that the animal was a large cat, possibly a panther, that might have been living and even breeding in the wild after being released by an exotic pet owner.

"You hear of these animals in jungles, but you wouldn’t think anything like that could live in Bolton," said Kay. "There are playing fields near where I saw it."

"It's scary when you think that children play around there."

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/14023866._It_had_greedy__yellow_eyes____Beast_of_Bolton_spotted_after_5_year_absence_by_terrified_driver/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

By Demons Driven
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:33:31 am »

Natalie Kay of Farnworth saw a large black creature while driving near Doe Hey Reservoirs on Tuesday

Matthew Taylor / Wednesday 11 November 2015 / News

Want more local stories like these, direct to your inbox?

AFTER years lurking in the shadows, it looks like the Beast of Bolton is back.

There have been numerous sightings of a mysterious black creature stalking the town dating back to 2006 – with the last being five years ago.

Your vote
Do you believe there is a Beast of Bolton?

Yes
    32%
    No
    68%

Thanks for voting - this ballot is closed

This time, an eyewitness has described seeing a panther-like animal with ‘greedy yellow eyes’ in Farnworth last night, Tuesday November 10.

Terrified Natalie Kay described the moment she came face to face with the elusive animal while driving her Vauxhall Zafira along Doe Hey Road at around 9.30pm.

“I was coming back from the shops and this thing just appeared in front of my car. I had to slam the brakes on,” said the 28-year-old.

“It just stopped dead right in the middle of the road and was staring at me.

“I knew it wasn’t a dog. It looked like a cat but it wasn’t. It was much bigger and had a long tail, pointed ears and these greedy yellow eyes.

“It was about the same size as the bonnet of my car. It was really scary. I haven’t seen anything like that before. The next minute it dashed off. It was really fast.”
Report Spam   Logged
By Demons Driven
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:34:10 am »

Report Spam   Logged
By Demons Driven
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 02:34:51 am »

Natalie said the beast ran down the dirt track that links Doe Hey Road to Harper Green Road, between Higher and Lower Doe Hey Reservoirs.
Promoted stories

Shaken, Natalie returned home to Carnation Road, Farnworth, where she told mum and dad, Linda and Ray, about the encounter.

“I was trembling when I got in,” she said. “I told them about what had happened and they said something like that had been seen before.”

Natalie’s mum and dad found a picture of a black panther online, which Natalie confirmed as looking similar to what she had seen.

“I didn’t know there was anything like that around here – that other people had seen things,” she added.

“There are playing fields near where I saw it. It’s scary when you think that children play around there.

“You hear of these animals in jungles, but you wouldn’t think anything like that could live in Bolton.”

Danny Bamping of The British Big Cat Society has previously told the Bolton News that it’s ‘quite likely’ the Beast of Bolton exists.

Do you believe in the Beast of Bolton - and have you seen it? Add your thoughts below.

There have been several notable previous sightings:-

In June 2006, head of English at Rumworth School, Anne Wright, said she saw the creature as she looked out of the bedroom window of her home in Spring Meadows, off Radcliffe Road in Darcy Lever.
    After a three year hiatus, the beast was back in 2009, when Peter Wood, of Poulton Avenue, Breightmet, spotted the animal in Leverhulme Park.
    Around the same time, Barry Calvert said he spotted it near the Schoenstatt Shrine, in Kearsley.
    In October 2010, Hollands Nurseries worker Barbara Cooke she saw a panther-like animal in a field in Bromley Cross.

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/14023866._It_had_greedy__yellow_eyes____Beast_of_Bolton_spotted_after_5_year_absence_by_terrified_driver/
Report Spam   Logged
WolvenHeart

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:38 am »

Have any of these panthers ever been captured?
Report Spam   Logged
Monument of Monsters

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 01:35:57 am »

Maybe her headlights affected the colour of its eyes and as for staying motionless...maybe she nearly s** t the life out of it. She thinks she was scared, how does she think this poor creature felt.....not everyday it nearly gets hit by a big piece of metal on wheels with big bright blinding lights! It must have gone back to its family and friends and said " you are not going to believe this, but I just saw a UFO"
Report Spam   Logged

"The Sleep of Reason Brings Monsters."
Austin Heller
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 01:38:44 am »

Lol, how many big cats are there roaming around Europe?.. I'm not saying she didn't see anything, but I feel like this is an issue that needs to be addressed since I'm always hearing sighting of large black cats there.
Report Spam   Logged

For a longer term solution to corporations buying our elections, see:  http://www.movetoamend.org
freetoroam

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 01:39:56 am »

Yes big cats have been seen, but it is more likely to be the odd one or two who have been let out into the wild because the owner can no longer look after it and the fact that they very likely had it illegally brought into the country, then its not something they can advertise on PreLove as "my pussycat needs a new home".
Report Spam   Logged
Kolchak, the Night Stalker

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 01:41:35 am »

Haven't heard this one before.
Report Spam   Logged
Godzilla, King of Monsters

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 01:43:31 am »

Interesting indeed. The panther theory could be likely, given there have been sightings of similar creatures in other parts of Europe.
Report Spam   Logged
Seer of Dark Things
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 01:47:05 am »

Doing some research on this story I noticed something interesting. Just to the north of this area there were sightings in 2008 of a large dark cat in Bacup which became known as the Huttock Top Beast. The same named creature was seen in 2014 further south in Rochdale. Rochdale is around 14 miles away from Bolton where this creature has been seen in 2012 and on November 10th, 2015. Like many have pointed out if that these animals are real it is likely the same animal and not ones with different names. I'm sure if I kept digging I could find similar stories in nearby areas as well.
Report Spam   Logged
qxcontinuum

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 03:36:40 am »

I live in Bolton and take my sister's dog for walkies along the Doe Hey brook in the Great Lever area of the town, near the Farnworth area of the town, which flows into those reservoirs. The dog likes playing in the brook. Ever since this recent sighting of the Beast of Bolton I've been keeping my eye out for it every time I've taken the dog out down to the stream. I've not seen it yet, but I'll let you know here if I do.
Report Spam   Logged
qxcontinuum

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 03:37:35 am »

Upper and Lower Doe Hey reservoirs are in Farnworth. They are right near to Farnworth Cricket & Bowling Club. But Farnworth is only something like a few minutes' walk from the area of Great Lever, where I live. The part of Doe Hey brook, near the hospital, where I take the dog, is in Great Lever, but it's just a few minutes' walk from Farnworth, which is on the other side of the hospital.
Report Spam   Logged
qxcontinuum

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 03:37:46 am »

I think she saw a big black cat. It's been sighted a few times around Bolton for the last nine years or so. Sightings of big cats, especially big blacks cats like puma, are common throughout Britain. I reckon we have them living here in the wild.
Report Spam   Logged
Behold, I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 03:39:45 am »

You buy me a plane ticket and I'll get you that answer within a week. If she did see a cat I doubt it's a leopard, but of the large cats this would have the highest percentage of possibility due to them being more common in captivity and illegal trade in the UK, Europe, and Asia. If she did see a cat I would guess it's nothing more than a feral or loose domestic cat. These feral cats have been surviving in the wild for many years without natural predators and many are growing fairly large and have been the explanation for other "creatures" such as the Essex lion.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: