Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:01:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mysterious sea monster appears in British tourist’s holiday photos

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious sea monster appears in British tourist’s holiday photos  (Read 588 times)
Iron Lotus

« on: November 01, 2015, 01:46:35 am »

Mysterious sea monster appears in British tourist’s holiday photos

Harvey Robertson was stunned when a mysterious hippo-like creature appeared in snaps taken inside a sea cave off the Greek coast.

The creature that appeared in Harvey Robertson's holiday snaps.

Rhys Lewis
    By Rhys Lewis
    Last updated: 28 October 2015, 16:57 GMT
    Print this story

A British tourist who took pictures of the sea was left in shock after he discovered a weird "creature" had photobombed his holiday snaps.

Harvey Robertson, 52, was on a boat cruise with his family in Corfu when he captured a number of photographs inside a sea cave.

He held the camera over the side of the boat to take pictures of the sea.

But when he lifted his camera back up, Harvey discovered a mysterious creature had appeared in one of the frames.

Harvey said: "I have no idea what it could have been, I have never seen anything like it.

"I caught the picture by accident. I was in a sea cave on a small boat about 20 miles south of Albania on the west coast of Greece.

"I was trying to capture the water colour and was not looking at the water, the flash went off. I only saw the creature when looking back through my pics."

The creature vanished beneath the waves as quickly as it had appeared.

The creature, that has so far been unable to be identified by experts, evokes images of Greek mythology.

Photo credits: SWNS
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Iron Lotus

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 01:47:57 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Iron Lotus

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 01:48:19 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Iron Lotus

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 01:49:19 am »

http://home.bt.com/news/odd-news/sea-monster-appears-in-british-tourists-holiday-photos-11364013284638
Report Spam   Logged
I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 01:50:50 am »

Not even sure it is a sea creature of at all, from that pic. I can see other possibilities.
Report Spam   Logged
Zalmoxis

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 01:53:19 am »

Maybe it is some kind of cephalopod?
Report Spam   Logged
Xomon

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 01:55:11 am »

Thought ut was a sperm whale, then dolphin, then you can get dophins that look like whales and then whales look like dolphins
Report Spam   Logged
Demonxxx

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 01:58:57 am »

Gotta admit, that's an interesting photo. No telling how many sea creatures that we have no idea even exists. We still have a lot of unexplored ocean. But why they would call it a "sea monster" is plain retarded. Why not just call it "strange creature" or "strange species". It would give it more credibility.
Report Spam   Logged
Pax Unum

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 02:01:21 am »

For once, something in the water ain't paredolia. I like the beaked whale answer, but would be happier if there was any sense of scale. Maybe the reason it looks "mythological" is because it's a direct inspiration for several aquatic mythological creatures. This is a really cool picture, but doesn't need to be described as an all-caps SEA MONSTER.
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
DieChecker

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 02:05:00 am »

Yet, if one goes and does 15 minutes of online research, you find that you can eliminate 95% of possibiliities, and once you have your choices down to one, the answer can only be that it is X, or it new creature Y. So then what are the chances of a brand new species of dolphin/whale living in the waters off of Greece? Maybe one in a million? Where are the rest of them, then? There has to be a breeding population, right? At least a couple dozen... yet we only have the one photo. Or... we can see from the deion of a beaked whale that their appearance is highly variable.
Report Spam   Logged
WolvenHeart

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 02:06:37 am »

Megalodon? Is that a joke, because Meg's have sharp snouts, while this creature looks whale-like.
Report Spam   Logged
Bigfoot

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 02:08:09 am »

I've actually seen interpretations of Meg's with blunt, stout snouts. And speculation that they didn't look like a great white at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Bigfoot doesn't believe in you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: