Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 06:01:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'The Shining' hotel to open a horror museum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'The Shining' hotel to open a horror museum  (Read 352 times)
Paris

« on: October 29, 2015, 02:42:57 am »

'The Shining' hotel to open a horror museum
Posted on Tuesday, 27 October, 2015

The hotel is located in a very picturesque part of Colorado. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Tom Lianza
The hotel that inspired the Stephen King classic is now planning to open its very own horror museum.
Situated in the state of Colorado with a breathtaking view of the Rockies, the Stanley Hotel is considered to be one of the most haunted locations in the United States.

It became the inspiration for 'The Shining' after Stephen King and his wife Tabitha spent the night there while on holiday and discovered that they were the only overnight guests in the whole place.

Since the 1970s the hotel has seen numerous reports of paranormal phenomena and has been visited by several TV ghost hunting shows including Ghost Hunters and the UK's Most Haunted.

Now in homage to its association with horror cinema the hotel is set to take things one step further by setting up its very own horror museum as well as a film production studio and film archive.

Founding board members including actors Elijah Wood and Simon Pegg are now attempting to obtain $11.5 million in tourism funds from the state of Colorado to help support the project.

"I would love to have a home for which we could constantly come year-round and celebrate with other fans from around the world," said Wood.

"There's really no better place for there to be a permanent home for the celebration of horror as an art form than the Stanley Hotel. It was practically built for it."

http://www.mtv.com/news/2359961/stanley-hotel-horror-museum/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HawkLord

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 03:04:43 am »

I have always heard that "The Shining" was inspired by the Algonquin in St Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada.
Report Spam   Logged
She-ra, Princess of Power

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 03:06:38 am »

Love Stephen King! How creepy to know they were the only guests one night.
Report Spam   Logged

Coldethyl

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:07:58 am »

I was just there. Now I have to go back.
Report Spam   Logged

~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
Bruce Lee~*★*~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: