Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:23:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Did ghost hunters raise Richard III?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did ghost hunters raise Richard III?  (Read 292 times)
Coldethyl

« on: October 28, 2015, 02:48:36 am »

Did ghost hunters raise Richard III?

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: April 16, 2014

By Peter Warzynski
Final night: Richard III

Final night: Richard III

Amateur ghost hunters claim to have made contact with the spirit of someone called Richard during a séance at a house with connections to Richard III.

The 12 members of Haunted Heritage recorded the spooky encounter at Donington le Heath Manor House last year, but said they did not want to publicise it at the time due to the furore surrounding the discovery of the remains of the king.

Medium Gill Hibbert, 56, from Coalville, said the name Richard was especially significant because the group was standing next to the bed in which the Plantagenet monarch was reported to have spent his last night before riding out to meet his end at Bosworth in 1485.

The audio clip clearly captures a man's voice saying "Richard" in response to the question, "what is your name?"
Report Spam   Logged

~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
Bruce Lee~*★*~

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Coldethyl

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 02:49:30 am »

Gill, who works at a leisure centre during the day, said: "It was in the main room upstairs in the manor house – it was coming up to the witching hour.

"We had been there since 8pm. At about 11.45pm, we started the call-out session.

"We were standing in the dark, but there was a bit of light coming in through the window."

Gill asked whether anyone was there, and for them to "come forward".

She switched on the ghost box – a modified radio which allows spirits to "speak" through white noise – and called out again.

She said: "Then we heard the name, 'Richard' – it was so clear. We were blown away.

"The night was quite uneventful up until then – we had a few knocks and bangs – but when that came through it was the icing on the cake."

The part-time paranormal investigators were at the manor house, near Coalville, in October.

Gill said it was one of the best examples of paranormal contact they had experienced. He said the recording was so clear it was graded A (the top level) in the electronic voice phenomenon chart.

The group has now contacted professional paranormal investigators to have the recording analysed further.

However, Gill said the group was not jumping to conclusions.

She said: "We're not saying it's Richard III.

"We're trying to get a historian from Donington Le Heath to look into other Richards who have lived there. But no one has found anything yet. We are being careful about saying it's Richard III because we can't prove it."
Report Spam   Logged

~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
Bruce Lee~*★*~
Coldethyl

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 02:50:32 am »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Did-ghost-hunters-raise-Richard-III/story-20963422-detail/story.html
Report Spam   Logged

Bruce Lee~*★*~
Coldethyl

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:51:18 am »

A pedant writes: the Blue Boar Inn was demolished in 1836. Also, unless you know something I don't (entirely possible!) the enigma code was not 'cracked' at Beaumanor Hall. Rather enigma generated messages intercepted by the operators there were passed to Bletchley Park for analysis. All vital work though.
Report Spam   Logged

Bruce Lee~*★*~
Coldethyl

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 02:51:47 am »

The Blueboar Inn was demolished in 1840's (not by the 1940's blitz… it was already gone by then!), this was at the same time the owners of Beaumanor estate acquired the bed and built the spectacular Beaumanor Hall (which was the site where the German Enigma code was cracked, which was also not destroyed in the blitz). There is an engraving of the Blue Boar Inn in existence which includes the bed reported to be Richards, it is absolutely identical to the bed donated by Beaumanor estate to Donington manor in every way. It would be difficult to argue that this is not the elaborate bed from Blue Boar Inn but more the fact that was it Richard's, which is up for debate.
Report Spam   Logged

Bruce Lee~*★*~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: