Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:10:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

An Alternative to Darwinian Evolution

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Alternative to Darwinian Evolution  (Read 3840 times)
Boreas

« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2007, 04:23:05 pm »

Merl,

This is not really my basket of eggs - but I guess the results from Linköping first and most underlines that "neo-darwinism" is a somewhat incomplete model of the processes involved in evolution.

Secondly it definitly opens the closet of vacuum on which Socio-Darwinists have made their pidestall.

Thirdly it should turn the doors and windows open to the fresh air that used to breeze around these questions - before evolutionary biology turned into politics. 

The socio-political climate of the first half of the 20th century not only led to two world-wars, but it also helped deveolped antagonism and eventually fundamentalism in most sciences that have socio-political implications, evolutionary biology beeing among these.

At the beginning of the 21st century we may - finally - reach a less rigid discussion about these matters. Today every scientific mind have to admit that Darwin was not "the only one rigth". Furthermore we have to explain that a majority of his "strongest proponents" have led Darwins generalisations into "absolutes".

At the end of the day this gives us the room and momentum to re-adress Lamarcks results and observations.  In my simple view I see pioneers like Kirilan and Sheldrake as contributors to that "fresher" and "wider" apporach to these questions. As a prime example of the old chicken-egg question - the results from Linköping simply states that A "morphogenic" communication is present between closely related individs of the same specie. No?

That would in itself reopen the entire scope of biology to some green fields - again...!   
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:33:25 pm by Boreas » Report Spam   Logged

Gens Una Sumus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: