Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:58:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kansas governor signs ‘Zombie Preparedness Month’ proclamation

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kansas governor signs ‘Zombie Preparedness Month’ proclamation  (Read 247 times)
Abomination, in the Eyes of God

« on: October 19, 2015, 02:45:58 am »

Kansas governor signs ‘Zombie Preparedness Month’ proclamation

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signed a proclamation Wednesday officially making October "Zombie Preparedness Month," as a fun way to get Kansans ready for natural disasters. (Facebook/@Kansas Division of Emergency Management)
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signed a proclamation Wednesday officially making October “Zombie Preparedness Month,” as a fun way to get Kansans ready for natural disasters. (Facebook/@Kansas Division of Emergency Management) more >
By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signed a proclamation Wednesday officially making October “Zombie Preparedness Month,” as a fun way to get Kansans ready for natural disasters.

Mr. Brownback said he and his youngest son, Mark, 18, have talked a lot about what to do if a zombie apocalypse happens. The governor said he would head to his parents’ farm in Parker for safety, The Wichita Eagle reported.

“My son and I talked about this. It would be best to go to my dad’s farm and get on a combine. Then you could move through — hopefully you’ve got enough fuel. That was his idea. But I don’t know, I’m not as up to speed on that,” Mr. Brownback said when asked what he would do to survive a zombie attack, the Topeka Capital-Journal reported.

“If you’re prepared for zombies, you’re prepared for anything,” he said in a statement. “Although an actual zombie apocalypse will never happen, the preparation for such an event is the same as for any disaster: make a disaster kit, have a plan and practice it.”

The governor declined to say which member of his staff he would most likely eat if he became a zombie himself, The Wichita Eagle reported.

Devan Tucking, a human services official with the Department of Emergency Management, said Kansans should stock their homes with food, water and other supplies that can last them up to 72 hours.

Ms. Tucking’s 15-year-old niece, Faith Tucking, joined her at the ceremony in full zombie makeup, The Wichita Eagle reported.

The proclamation was one of nine Mr. Brownback signed Wednesday promoting a variety of causes ranging from fire and auto safety to bullying prevention, the newspaper reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/30/sam-brownback-kansas-governor-signs-zombie-prepare/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 02:46:50 am »

"Ms. Tucking’s 15-year-old niece, Faith Tucking," It wont take much of a slip to make a mess of that name. I should know.
Report Spam   Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:47:10 am »

"Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback signed a proclamation Wednesday officially making October “Zombie Preparedness Month,” as a fun way to get Kansans ready for natural disasters." It's a pity that he didn't do something similar to prepare the populace for the unnatural disaster that was his Tea Party tax policies made real.
Report Spam   Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 03:02:29 am »

October is 'zombie preparedness month'
Posted on Sunday, 11 October, 2015

Are you prepared for a zombie invasion ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Andrew Braithwaite
Kansas governor Sam Brownback signed the peculiar proclamation as a fun way to tackle natural disasters.
What better way to prepare for the possibility of a natural disaster than to pretend that you are and your family are getting ready for a zombie apocalypse - or at least that's the idea behind the bizarre new concept being put forward by authorities in Kansas this month.

"If you’re prepared for zombies, you’re prepared for anything," said Brownback.

"Although an actual zombie apocalypse will never happen, the preparation for such an event is the same as for any disaster: make a disaster kit, have a plan and practice it."

When asked what he would do in the event of a zombie outbreak the governor had surprisingly come up with a plan that wouldn't have looked out of place in an episode of The Walking Dead.

"My son and I talked about this," he said. "It would be best to go to my dad’s farm and get on a combine. Then you could move through - hopefully you’ve got enough fuel."

Hopefully he won't be needing to try out his plan for real anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Janilee Wolff
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 01:05:14 am »

Yep, technology zombies are the real threat we face.
Report Spam   Logged
Janilee Wolff
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 01:05:44 am »

Combine...what a fantastic idea!
Report Spam   Logged
Demon Queen
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 01:07:03 am »

Why October? Zombies will never attack in October, just before Halloween (Zombie Christmas)
Report Spam   Logged
Behold, I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 01:08:29 am »

I think the whole zombie fad represents an unconscious human fear that we will be taken over by our technology and rendered 'dead and soul-less'. Just my personal thinking on the matter. Well what do you know...just found this interesting article:
Report Spam   Logged
London After Midnight
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 01:09:45 am »

That is an interesting theory. It is similar to the UFO scares in the 1950's caused by the fear of the spread of communism.
Report Spam   Logged
Pax Americana

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 01:11:58 am »

+
Report Spam   Logged

"Proud of my country, appalled by my government."
Damascus
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 01:13:19 am »

While this does sound rather a fun way to prepare for natural disasters, why not instead just do proper training? You know, like what to do in case of wild fires, floods, the sort of thing a region should be ready for, not zombies? Or was Max Brooks' work, The Zombie Survival Guide not a joke as we all thought it was...
Report Spam   Logged
Waldron

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 01:14:46 am »

Just glad october is no longer prostate awareness month. Proctober and zombie apocolypse are definately a recipe for a bad time. Zombie proctologists...... theirs some brain soup for the masses.
Report Spam   Logged
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 01:16:25 am »

oh, it wouldn't be that bad. they would probably just encourage you to eat more braaaans. (sorry)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: