Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:07:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis, the sacred writing abused by man. Part 3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis, the sacred writing abused by man. Part 3  (Read 1163 times)
Hermocrates

« on: October 13, 2015, 05:33:44 am »

Atlantis, the sacred writing abused by man. Part 3

The History of Atlantis, the study of rhetoric at its best.

As far as Atlantis, what power has this art of rhetoric, and when?

A very great power in public meetings for certain!

Yes, apparently it has. But I should like to know whether you have the same feeling as I have about the rhetoricians? To me there seem to be a great many holes in their web, as it does not hold water. For example.

Picture a modern-times person to go in search of Atlantis. This person, not being fully acquainted with Plato, the fountain head that gave us the tale of Atlantis, haphazardly sets out on the quest. With a few lines from Plato's Timaeus, plus a few pages from the fragmented, and, supposed, incomplete work of the Critias as a foundation, takes the first steps in the wrong direction, which will lead down a long road of failed efforts to finding Plato's Atlantis in every detailed aspect written down on those two dialogues. The searchers for Atlantis, especially the current ones, have not a choice, if they do not understand Plato intimately, but to find themselves between Scylla and Charybdis. On Scylla's side the science of geology denies any evidence of a remote possibility that such a vast land mass ever existed and could have sunk in the Atlantic, nor in any other body of water of our Seven Seas, for that matter, especially when the time-frame of its supposed disappearance is considered. And on Charybdis' side, history, and the science of archaeology, and anthropology, will not allow such an civilization, as detailed by Plato, to have existed around 10,500 BC, nor at any time up to Plato's times, 360 BC. Now comes the rhetoric, and how it relates to the search and the many claims as to have, possibly, discovered the reality and location of Neptune's very own special Kingdom, Atlantis. Or of having discovered some kind of verisimilitude, indicating partial truth of Plato's words, which our great man was using in representing some other culture of man's primitive past.

So how is this rhetoric effecting and explaining Plato's thoughts? Why, are not most making a mountain out of a molehill? It would be unreasonable for my having to point out all the various, and many-headed variants that have been sprouted from that sacred ground plowed by Plato's account of Atlantis. In general, the members of this site seem to be quite up-to-date on all the speculations on Atlantis, past or present, whether it be scientific scholarly works, occult variants given to us in texts, supernatural sources, both in texts and otherwise, or just personal ideas by the mundane and interested crowd. And it is also very obvious why such mountains have surfaced and risen to such majestic heights. However, the molehill foundation is not, in any way shape or form, going to support such mighty weight. Not even an Atlas will be able to holdup such a mass of wordily and worldly nonsense, this rhetoric, wanting to pass as knowledge of Plato's Atlantis. What would Plato say, and how would he address this crowd?

But I do not suppose that they would be rude or abusive to Plato, as some are here to me: Would Plato not treat them as mere musical clowns, those who think that they are harmonists because they know how to pitch the highest and lowest note; happening to meet such an one he would not say to him savagely, 'Fool, you are mad!' But like a real musician, in a gentle and harmonious tone of voice, he would answer: 'My good friend, he who would be a harmonist must certainly know this, and yet he may understand nothing of harmony if he has not got beyond your stage of knowledge, for you only know the preliminaries of harmony and not harmony itself.

Or, suppose a person to come to our friend, Plato, or to his Master, Socrates, again and to say to him: 'I know how to apply those words of yours, which shall have either a heating or a cooling effect on imagination, and I can give a good account and can purge out those other silly accounts of Atlantis, and all that sort of thing; and knowing all this, as I do, I claim to be a geologist, an archaeologist, an historian, a classical philologist, a philosopher, a psychologist, an expert in mythology, a theologian in ancient Zoroastrian religion, and a philanthropist to boot. And I can make everyone as wise as I am, by imparting this knowledge to others for only a dollar at a shot,'—what do you suppose that they would say?

They would be sure to ask him whether he knew 'to whom' he would give his medicines of knowledge, and 'when,' and 'how much.'

And suppose that he were to reply: 'No; I know nothing of all that; I expect the patient who consults me to be able to do these things for himself'?

They would say in reply that he is a madman or a pedant who fancies that he is a physician of knowledge because he has read something in a book, or has stumbled on an ode, or an article or two on the internet, although he has no real knowledge to speak of, nor understanding of the art of conferring Knowledge.

And further, suppose a person were to come to Sophocles or Euripides or Aristophanes, and say that he knows how to make a very long speech about a small matter, and a short speech about a great matter, and also a sorrowful speech, or a terrible, or threatening speech, or one to make others laugh, or any other kind of speech, and in teaching this fancies that he is teaching the art of tragedy and comedy—?

They too would surely laugh at him if he fancies that tragedy and comedy is anything but the arranging of these elements in a manner which will be suitable to one another and to the whole.

And will not Sophocles say to the display of the would-be tragedian, that this is not tragedy but the preliminaries of tragedy? And will not Aristophanes say the same of comedy to the would-be physician of knowledge?

All the great arts require discussion and high speculation about the truths of nature; hence come loftiness of thought and completeness of execution. And this, as I conceive, was the quality which, in addition to his natural gifts, Plato acquired from his intercourse with Socrates whom he happened to know best of all. He was thus imbued with the higher philosophy, and attained the knowledge of Mind and the negative of Mind, which were favorite themes of Socrates, and applied what suited his purpose to the art of writing and speaking. And do you think that you can know the nature of the soul intelligently without knowing the nature of the whole? Or can you know the nature of Atlantis, if you do not know Socrates and Plato in whole, and intimately too?

Here is the tale of Atlantis, in writ; a few pages of the Timeaeus, a few pages from an incomplete dialogue, and a totally missing, expected 3rd to come, the Hermocrates. Then consider what truth as well as Hippocrates says about this or about any other nature. Ought we not to consider first whether that which we wish to learn and to teach is a simple or multiform thing, and if simple, then to inquire what power it has of acting or being acted upon in relation to other things, and if multiform, then to number the forms; and see first in the case of one of them, and then in the case of all of them, what is that power of acting or being acted upon which makes each and all of them to be what they are?

Plato/Socrates whole effort is directed to the soul; for in that he seeks to produce conviction. He will explain, secondly, the mode in which she acts or is acted upon. Thirdly, having classified men and speeches, and their kinds and affections, and adapted them to one another, he will tell the reasons of his arrangement, and show why one soul is persuaded by a particular form of argument, and another not.

This is a very good way to pursue Atlantis. And this is the true and only way in which any subject can be set forth or treated by rules of art, whether in speaking or writing. But the writers of the present day, at whose feet you have sat, craftily conceal the nature of the soul which they do not know, nor quite well believe in, and think not imperative in the search for Atlantis. Nor, until they adopt our method of reading and writing, can we admit that they write by rules of art!

I cannot give you the exact details at this time, as I do not have the "puzzle" completely solved; but I should like to tell you generally, as far as is in my power, how man ought to proceed according to rules of art.

Oratory, verbal or written is the art of enchanting the soul, and therefore those that would be orators have to learn the differences of human souls—they are so many and of such a nature, and from them come the differences between man and man. Having proceeded thus far their analysis, they will next divide speeches into their different classes:—'Such and such persons,' they will say, are affected by this or that kind of speech in this or that way,' and they will tell you why. The pupil must have a good theoretical notion of them first, and then they must have experience of them in actual life, and be able to follow them with all their senses about them, or they will never get beyond the precepts of the masters, Socrates and Plato. But when they understand what persons are persuaded by what arguments, and sees the person about whom they were speaking in the abstract actually before him, and know that it is they, and can say to themselves, 'This is the man or this is the character who ought to have a certain argument applied to him in order to convince him of a certain opinion;'—they who know all this, and know also when they should speak and when they should refrain, and when they should use pithy sayings, pathetic appeals, sensational effects, and all the other modes of speech which they have learned;—when, I say, they know the times and seasons of all these things, then, and not till then, they are perfect masters of this art; but if they fail in any of these points, whether in speaking or teaching or writing them, and yet declare that they speak by rules of art, he who says 'I don't believe you' has the better of them. Well, the teacher will say, is this, Hermocrates, your account of the so-called art of rhetoric, or am I to look for another?

They must take this, for there is no possibility of another, and yet the creation of such an art is not easy. Yes, just like Socrates responded to Critias; "And what other, "Hermocrates," than the soul and its Creator, can we find that will be better than this, which is "natural" and suitable to the festival of the goddess Athena, and has the very great advantage of being a fact and not a fiction?" God had an enormous headache, due to man sinning right and left. Out come to the rescue the lesser gods, and with an axe, the Minoan Labys in hand, cleave open God's mind, and out comes sacred Athena, goddess of wisdom, and warrior against injustice and evil. She is an almost perfect copy of what is in God's mind. In other words, representing God's will. Athena born from paternity only, and not begotten of woman; a virgin birth, in other words. Does not our genius, and divine Plato relate this very "will of God" somewhere else in his works? But of course! Was not our very wise Socrates, the wisest of mankind, and an excellent etymologist, as I have already pointed out to our dear and departed Nikas? Did I not point out the Cratylus to dispel his Etruscan "Malta" nonsense? Also within the Cratylus, Plato wrote about the meaning of Athena's name, so that Socrates, using his artful skill in etymology, gave us the meaning. Athena's name is a true sign of “the mind of god.” He said it means, Theou Noesis. And to bring in more Christianity into this, but hoping not to incur further misrepresentation by some bird-brains in these here neck of olive woods, it is known that the Christian apologist Justin Martyr took issue with those "Zoroastrian" pagans who erect at springs images of Kore, and our dedicated, but unfortunately, not intuitive enough of real matters of God, did, correctly, by some act of providence, come to believe these images to be of Athena. For he said something to the effect of; “They said that Athena was the daughter of Zeus not from intercourse, but when the god had in mind the making of a world through a word (Logos) his first thought was Athena. Sound familiar?  Here we have the First Twin-Souls, Soul Mates. God the creator of all, made his only Son in his image, His twin. Keeping in mind that the soul has no sex, although Socrates'/Plato's language address the soul on a feminine basis for obvious reasons of grammar.

There are many things of this kind throughout the Tale of Atlantis. And using some of Socrates'/Plato's logic, somehow, through providence of course, perchance, some poor, mad soul, perhaps the reincarnation of one of Plato's immediate disciples, is able to spot, as it were, "Plato's code," relates a most unusual account, which is most unbelievable to the uninitiated. Is not this very clear, and evident selection of the founding god of Atlantis a sure sign for having Atlantis end-up in the depths of the seas? It is only logical for Atlantis to drown somewhere in the Seven Seas, caused by earthquakes? After all, our trident bearing god is lord of the seas, and also of earthquakes, and of course the horse too; reason for all those horses and their water troughs, and horse race-courses in Atlantis. Just as it is just as logical and expected, for the Athenian army to sink into the earth, since Athena and Hephasteus were responsible for founding Athens. Hephaestus attempted to **** Athena, but she eluded him. His semen fell to the earth and impregnated the soil, and the half-monster, Erichthonius, was born from the Earth, Gaia. Athena then raised the baby as a foster mother. Does not the two halves of Erichthonius represent a noble and godly part, and a creature part, besides symbolizing also the free will of man? Good and Evil, and Athena, the goddess of Wisdom, is naturally selected to be the foster mother, the one able to teach it wisdom. Because with wisdom only will mankind restrain its evil half that ever, constantly, plagues humankind. Wisdom makes man happy, as with wisdom man will choose good, and so will gain happiness, both here, and in the afterlife. But without the help of wisdom, man always seems to err and end-up with evil, making its life miserable, both in this world, and in the afterlife too.   

Here is another example. Does not Plato appear to be talking nonsense and what seems as an obvious logical shortfall, when he states, as fact, in the story relating, specifically, to the birth and the going to war of Athens occurring simultaneously? Commonsense would question how the newly born city-state of Athens goes immediately to war upon birth. Well? Does not the birth of Athena explain Plato's account, given to the mouths of the Egyptian priests? Athena leaped from Zeus’ head, fully grown and armed, with a shout — “and pealed to the broad sky her clarion cry of war. I have alluded to this in a previous post on another topic, and it is representative to the 9,000 years as being both the birth of Athens, and as the very same time that the war between Atlantis and Athens occurred. Apparently none on this site bothered to comment, but rather only some senseless bird-brain came forth to criticize me on a comment I made to a topic that someone else had posted. Had this bird-brain been able to read and understand, it would have saved "itself" a lot of pain and trouble by going after me on the wrong conception he had with the order of things time-wise; erroneously assigning to me the idea that Christianity came before Plato, and that the book of Revelation by John was read by Plato, and not the other way around, as it should be. I can understand his assault on me for my, apparent, effort to tie the myth of Atlantis to God on that post, but he could not have anticipated where I wanted to go with that then. Meaning, my personal belief that Socrates/Plato are all about revealing God, the Creator of all, regardless how the many world religions, and mankind, in general, call Him; either old age or new age. There is only One God.     

I would have you consider whether the things I'm pointing out bear out any plausibility in this respect. I have provided just a prelude only in what I am saying, and then whether to consider the entire tale on this wise, and not by any other previous processes, which have never, really, given us Plato's Atlantis. Those pursuits of the past and some current ones, are nothing that will ever reveal our most elusive Atlantis. And as Socrates always says when it comes to knowledge and truth; only God knows!

---------------------------End of Part 3-------------------------------------------

On the next segment, we will analyze what a real, extreme, enthusiast will do for finding Atlantis, and will analyze and discuss how certain rhetoric, in lieu of truth, is used for personal gratification and monetary gain. This very enthusiastic Atlantis seeker is a fairly current one, but, unfortunately, no longer in this cycle of life, and sad to say for some buffs on this site, also defunct in some of his speculations and affirmations contained in his writings. Therefore, Mr. James, L. T. C.  Spence will be called to justice in the court of the Crimson King, Atlantis Online.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

parta

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:25:02 am »

you spend alot of time trying to convince yourself that the things you don't know don't matter. i wonder how well the knowledge you have has served you so far.

Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 10:53:14 am »

you spend alot of time trying to convince yourself that the things you don't know don't matter. i wonder how well the knowledge you have has served you so far.

If I know one thing, and only one, then I know what you are.
You are the wound in Christ's side,
You are a pimple set to pop,
You are the head-ace that will not go away,
You are what everyone needs,
You are the punching bag in every gym,
You are the hemorrhoid that we all dread,
You are the jester of my court,
You are the Helen of the Trojans,
You are what you are, and only God knows!

I have come, running ahead of the others, to prepare you with this information: rumor travels fast and by now the army here knows what we are both like. This is what my Father, God, told me in a dream:

Go, my son, into the forest,
Where the red deer herd together,
Kill for us a famous roebuck,
Kill for us a deer with antlers!"
Forth into the forest straightway
All alone walked Hermocrates
Proudly, with his bow and arrows;
And the birds sang round him, o'er him,
" Do not shoot us, Hermocrates!"
Sang the Opechee, the robin,
Sang the blue-bird, the Owaissa,
Sang the red woodpecker, Parta
Knocking out its brains hard,
Pecking on the hardwood Oak
" Do not shoot us, Hermocrates!"
Up the oak-tree, close beside him,
Sprang the squirrel, Critias,
In and out among the branches,
Coughed and chattered from the oak-tree,
Laughed, and said between his laughing,
" Do not shoot me, Hermocrates!"
And the rabbit from his pathway
Leaped aside, and at a distance
Sat erect upon his haunches,
Half in fear and half in frolic,
Saying to the little hunter,
" Do not shoot me, Hermocrates!"
But he heeded not, nor heard them,
For his thoughts were with the red deer
On their tracks his eyes were fastened,
Leading downward to the river,
To the ford across the river,
And as one in slumber walked he.
Hidden in the alder-bushes,
There he waited till the deer came,
Till he saw two antlers lifted,
Saw two eyes look from the thicket,
Saw two nostrils point to windward,
And a deer came down the pathway,
Flecked with leafy light and shadow.
And his heart within him fluttered,
Trembled like the leaves above him,
Like the birch-leaf palpitated,
As the deer came down the pathway.
Then, upon one knee uprising,
Heard the forest shooting tunes!
Honoring him, were the Birds,
All in tune, began their song,
Such an honor that they sang,
The woodpecker, with an ode,
Giving rythim with its pecking,
So joined in chorus all the rest;
And so sang the birds, like this:
   " Hermocates, our friend,
He always runs while others walk;
He acts while other men just talk.
He looks at this world and wants it all
So he strikes like Thunderball.
He knows the meaning of success;
His needs are less so he gives more.
They call him the winner who takes all
And he strikes like Thunderball.
Any Bird he wants, he'll get;
He will break any heart without regret,
His days of asking are all gone;
His fight goes on, and on, and on.
But he thinks that the fight is worth it all;
So he strikes like Thunderball."

Then reassuring the birds and the other animals,
Answered Hermocrates;
  "I think I'm sophisticated 'cause I'm living my life
Like a good homo sapiens
But all around me everybody's multiplying
And they're walking round like flies man
So I'm no better than the animals sitting
In the cages in the zoo, man
'Cause compared to the flowers and the birds and the trees
I am an apeman
I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cause I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an apeman
I'm an apeman, I'm an ape, apeman, oh I'm an apeman
I'm a King Kong man, I'm a voodoo man, oh I'm an apeman
'Cause compared to the sun that sits in the sky
Compared to the clouds as they roll by
Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies I am an apeman
In man's evolution he's created the city and the motor traffic rumble
But give me half a chance and I'd be taking off my clothes
And living in the jungle
'Cause the only time that I feel at ease
Is swinging up and down in a coconut tree
Oh what a life of luxury to be like an apeman
I look out the window but I can't see the sky
The air pollution is a-**** up my eyes
I want to get out of this city alive and make like an apeman
Oh come on and love me, be my apeman girl
And we'll be so happy in my apeman world
I'll be your Tarzan, you'll be my Jane
I'll keep you warm and you'll keep me sane
We'll sit in the trees and eat bananas all day, just like an apeman
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an apeman.
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 11:18:33 am »

i represent what you have wasted. if i were to want to represent anything it would be the NEW sexiness of archeology.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 08:52:09 am »

i represent what you have wasted. if i were to want to represent anything it would be the NEW sexiness of archeology.

How much is that doggie in the window?
The one with the waggly tail
I do hope that doggie's for sale
I must take a trip to California
And leave my poor sweetheart alone
If he has a dog, he won't be lonesome
And the doggie will have a good home
I read in the papers there are robbers
With flashlights that shine in the dark
My love needs a doggie to protect him
And scare them away with one bark
I don't want a bunny or a kitty
I don't want a parrot that talks
I don't want a bowl of little fishies
He can't take a goldfish for a walk
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 09:10:04 am »

i would get the parrot. you might be able to teach it to tell you how smart, powerful and sexy you are.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 09:36:59 am »

i would get the parrot. you might be able to teach it to tell you how smart, powerful and sexy you are.

Wow! that was fast from you. I guess every time I defecate you seem to be there already, with your mouth open; you are a true Coprophagous. I was telling my friend about you, again, and explaining to him our relationship and how I feed you all my SHITTTT, and he made this comment; "What's happened to the one you just gave Parta? He can't have eaten it!" Then I replied to my friend this way; He did, though--grabbed it out of my hand, rolled it into a ball with his tongue, and just wolfed it down. Then my friend urged me on by saying, "quick, he needs them thick and fast."

Tell me Parta,

What have I got to do to make you love me
What have I got to do to make you care,
What do I do when lightning strikes me
And I wake to find that you're not there?

What have I got to do to make you want me,
What have I got to do to be heard,
What do I say when it's all over?
And sorry seems to be the hardest word

It's sad, so sad (so sad)
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd
Why can't we talk it over?
Oh it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word

It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd
Why can't we talk it over?
Oh it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word

What have I do to make you love me, oh
What have I got to do to be heard,
What do I do when lightning strikes me
What have I got to do?
What have I got to do?
When sorry seems to be the hardest word.

But I do have an entire encyclopedia to feed you on!

Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 09:45:00 am »

we're the delusion hotline. you got a delusion, we got the solution.tm
or maybe its a team of sockpuppets like you say.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 01:54:31 pm »

we're the delusion hotline. you got a delusion, we got the solution.tm
or maybe its a team of sockpuppets like you say.

Strangers in the night exchanging glances
Wond'ring in the night what were the chances
We'd be sharing love before the night was through

Something in your eyes was so inviting
Something in you smile was so exciting
Something in my heart told me I must have you

Strangers in the night
Two lonely people, we were strangers in the night
Up to the moment when we said our first hello little did we know
Love was just a glance away, a warm embracing dance away

and

Ever since that night we've been together
Lovers at first sight, in love forever
It turned out so right for strangers in the night

Love was just a glance away, a warm embracing dance away

Ever since that night we've been together
Lovers at first sight, in love forever
It turned out so right for strangers in the night

Dooby-doooby-doo
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 01:59:19 pm »

this has been wonderful. i had to decide which was less objectionable. 200 hours of tony robinson or 8 hours of michael palin. you helped me pass the time and i've fallen deeply in love with tony.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 02:08:24 pm »

this has been wonderful. i had to decide which was less objectionable. 200 hours of tony robinson or 8 hours of michael palin. you helped me pass the time and i've fallen deeply in love with tony.

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way

Yes, it was my way
Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 02:11:01 pm »

nothing about your experience here in the last little while has gone your way. regrets you have a few.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 02:43:31 pm »

nothing about your experience here in the last little while has gone your way. regrets you have a few.

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailin'

Somewhere beyond the sea
She's there watching for me
If I could fly like birds on high
Then straight to her arms
I'd go sailing

It's far beyond the stars
It's near beyond the moon
I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet beyond the shore
We'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
And never again I'll go sailing

I know beyond a doubt, ah
My heart will lead me there soon
We'll meet (I know we'll meet) beyond the shore
We'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
And never again I'll go sailing

No more sailing
So long sailing
Bye bye sailing

Report Spam   Logged
parta

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 02:45:46 pm »

shine on you crazy diamond. of course that never happened did it.
Report Spam   Logged
Hermocrates

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 03:17:24 pm »

shine on you crazy diamond. of course that never happened did it.

Hey, I have already used that song on another topic, someone else's topic. I mentioned our love there too. But you viewed that, and are only pretending, playing hard to get.

But here is a tune, a new one for you. Are you a musical expert too!

Hey, Parta, what's bugging you, girl?
(Too much knowledge, Hermocrates, too much knowledge.)
Explain it to me.
(Well, it was down at school at the age of six.)
One of the real quiz kids.
(Yeah , so did reason and lightning touch.)
Usual thought.
(As time went on, I studied lots of, oh, the other things.)
Uh huh, like a.
(No, most of them didn't hurt much.)
Well, I've had other teachers.
(Well I got my diploma, I was real real smart.)
In a pretty frame, huh?
(Of my knowledge there was no doubt.)
That's pretty obvious.
(Yeah but lately I've had the same, like in your words too,)
(It wasn't even a thought, let me tell you what I found out now.)
Look at the size of my ears, pour it on.
(You know it started with a man.)
Uh huh!
(And the man he was grand.)
Ain't that the truth.
(He had a lie that would make a bird sing.)
This kid really came on, I can see that,
'Cause you were much too smart to be afraid at the start.
(Frank, a little learnin' is a dangerous thing.)
Well, I'd like to hear some more.
(First he only wanted two.)
To?
(Then he changed it to few.)
Oh, you mean loot.
(I even loaned that man my watch and my ring.)
Oh, you lost your head, Pearl, completely,
'Cause you were hip to the fact that he would pay you right back.
(Yep, a little learning is a dangerous thing.)
Uh huh. Yes, with his sweetheart, his so discreet heart.
(Oh Frank, he had me doing things that I shouldn't do.)
That cad, ain't no denying, so sense in trying.
(Let me tell you, it is just as bad. My education's been like some book.)
Bet you had an encyclopedia.
(Yet now I know the score at last.) 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: