Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:22:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is this a ghost?Truck driver believes he captured image of drowned man on camera

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a ghost?Truck driver believes he captured image of drowned man on camera  (Read 242 times)
Sandra
Superhero Member

« on: October 04, 2015, 02:03:28 am »

Is this a ghost? Truck driver believes he captured image of drowned man on camera in Ireland
BY Laurie Hanna
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, October 3, 2015, 8:19 AM

The two men were stunned when they spotted the ghostly figure in the photograph. Mercury Press & Media Ltd
The two men were stunned when they spotted the ghostly figure in the photograph.

A truck driver believes he captured the ghost of a drowned man on camera as he drove through a tunnel in Ireland.

Stephen Smyth snapped the spooky curiosity as he traveled through Cork with colleague George Furst.

And after taking the picture, the two men were stunned when they spotted the ghostly figure in the photograph.

“When we looked at the picture, Stephen suddenly said, ‘What the hell is that?’” said Furst.

“I couldn't believe my eyes — it looked like an old man wearing an old tweed coat walking down the road into the tunnel.”

The duo believe the apparition could be someone who drowned in the nearby River Lee.

Furst said he believed the man looked like a butler from a nearby manor house who may have drowned in the river hundreds of years ago.

And Furst said the figure appeared to have its back turned to them during the busy rush hour, reported Mirror Online.

“It was quite freaky the way the figure is clearly in front of where my lorry drove only seconds later so it can't be a human being, or I would have hit them,” he added.

“In fact, we must have driven right through him just after the picture was taken.”

Furst, who is originally from Liverpool, said he took the picture to send to his family back in England, as it looked similar to the Mersey Tunnel in his home city.

“I wanted to wind them up and say I was back home in Liverpool as the entrances to the two tunnels look similar," he said. “But once I saw the strange figure in the picture I realized I'd caught something a bit more special.”

lhanna@nydailynews.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/truck-driver-captures-ghost-camera-ireland-article-1.2383950
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 02:04:33 am »

What did the two men photograph in the tunnel ? Image Credit: PD - ErgoSum88
Report Spam   Logged
Sandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:04:54 am »

Report Spam   Logged
DieChecker

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 02:35:08 am »

I see a lot of other cars that don't seem to be reacting. I don't see a shadow behind the "ghost", which I believe should be there, if the car next to him has a shadow. Not sure if it could be a reflection of the driver off the windshield, but that would be my first guess. The pixelation doesn't help matters. I'm personally filing this one as "inconclusive until further notice--unlikely to be a ghost."
Report Spam   Logged
Gremlin

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 02:37:43 am »

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Definitley passenger side and its not his seat bet, bit if the sun visors were down and if there was anything tucked into them but sticking out, it would cause an irregular shape of light on his clothes and reflecting onto the window. You can see another reflection under the "stay in lane" sign, appears to be a high vis vest but you can also see another stripe under the kerb mirror on the left hand side, these appear faint as its not in direct line of sight to the camera.
Report Spam   Logged

Aspects of the Material World
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 02:40:08 am »

Do ghosts cast shadows?
Report Spam   Logged

All that we see is a dream within a dream.
Aspects of the Material World
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 02:40:23 am »

Just something I noticed. Some stories have them appearing just like flesh and blood, so I imagine those would, if they were in fact ghosts. Either way, no shadow where the "ghost" is = no physical presence where the ghost is, in my mind. A non-physical presence? Probably not.
Report Spam   Logged

All that we see is a dream within a dream.
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 02:42:52 am »

Truck in the UK is also a lorry, but for many years refered to a railway truck. As for driving down the road messing with a phone, how very dare you sir! We have our steering wheels on the correct side of the vehicle and its clearly the passenger who is playing with his telephone.
Report Spam   Logged
Okane

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 02:44:51 am »

Looks like the annoying reflection I get when I leave something on the dashboard and like it is not the only reflection either.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: