Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:39:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis as a Comedy of Errors

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis as a Comedy of Errors  (Read 1116 times)
Hermocrates

« on: September 22, 2015, 01:45:41 pm »

Why is it a comedy of errors, Bluehue. are you losing faith?

I guess by errors, he means all those that think otherwise than he does, as to his identification of the location and time of Atlantis. He is not implying losing faith in Atlantis. Or perhaps he is a very learned person indeed, and is trying to, indiscreetly, ridicule those opponents of his ideas. And who could blame him? It's more like, "like to like" in a brief and indistinct manner. But if I was him, with all that creative and logical mind, I would do a lengthy, and really comical caricature of his/her opponents, in a manner that Dante did, in his Divine Comedy, or perhaps something on the line of Aristophanes and his satirical caricature of Socrates. Do we know of any such satirical work, ancient, or modern satirizing Plato, especially in reference to Atlantis? And it may be a blessing for this site, if there is none, otherwise Bluehue or anyone else with their own ideas of Atlantis would be leery of proposing anything of the kind, due to, himself/themselves, becoming a laughing stock to their adversaries, who have just as much claim with their versions, especially since he is, definitely, insulting them with his comical remarks on errors.  Oh, so are you, I take it, with the double meaning of "losing faith" remark. But, then, both are easy enough for any one here to spot. Am I mistaken?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: