Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:59:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pterodactyl Spotted Flying Over Boise, Idaho, Authenticity Of Video Being Scruti

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pterodactyl Spotted Flying Over Boise, Idaho, Authenticity Of Video Being Scruti  (Read 249 times)
Shiloh

« on: September 20, 2015, 12:35:35 am »

September 8, 2015
Pterodactyl Spotted Flying Over Boise, Idaho, Authenticity Of Video Being Scrutinized [Video]
Essel Pratt

Residents of Boise, Idaho, are baffled at the sight of a strange bird flying over their neighborhoods, capturing the attention of many. The creature looks to be a pterosaur, or pterodactyl as many know it by, despite being extinct. A video of the pterodactyl was uploaded to YouTube and quickly went viral.

The bird’s wingspan is massive, according to the Daily Mail, and the distinctive crest on the back of its skull is evident in the video. The flapping wings seem fluid, not mechanical, and at one point, the pterosaur dips its head and looks back before retaking its formation of flight.

After a few seconds, the pterodactyl disappears behind some trees and the video ends after the individual that recorded the bird zooms in and replays the video. The clawed fingers upon the wings can be seen in the zoomed portion, providing more detail to the pterosaur.

The video is a bit blurry, leaving out some integral details, such as skin color and composition, which may better reveal if the pterodactyl is fake or real, or some other animal altogether. The video has left many wondering of the Pterodactyl species is alive and well, hidden in some remote area like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

As can be imagined, the video has spawned many naysayers and conspiracy theorists regarding the legitimacy of the pterodactyl and its origins. One individual blamed CERN for the appearance of the pterosaur, according to Metro.

“Has CERN opened a gateway to the past?”

Another YouTube user, that goes by the name Hades, stated that it is nothing more than a horrible video editing technique.

” ‘Super fake the shadowing is off and the wing flap doesn’t match up,’ while melody06 said ‘Special effects.’ “

Most visitors to the YouTube video felt that the video is a hoax, but one commenter named Kevin Thompson is skeptical that it is fake. Referencing the Coelacanth and the Yeti Crab, he reminded people that extinct species are discovered all the time. He also offers the idea that the pterodactyl never went extinct and that the “millions of years fairly tale is a bunch of boloney” in reference to the extinction of the pterosaurs.

In contrast, user Mistervanderveer provided sarcasm regarding the reality of the video.

“The best explanation for this footage is that a 150 million year old reptile has been magically resurrected from death.”

What are your thoughts, is the pterodactyl real or fake?

[Photo Courtesy YouTube Screen Capture / Rumble Viral]

http://www.inquisitr.com/2403026/pterodactyl-spotted-flying-over-boise-idaho-authenticity-of-video-being-scrutinized-video/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shiloh

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:43:31 am »

The 'pterosaur' can be seen soaring over an Idaho neighborhood. Image Credit: YouTube / Rumble Viral
A recently released video claims to show what looks like a dinosaur flying over the United States.
The controversial footage, which was allegedly recorded over Boise in Idaho by a perplexed onlooker, captures the moment the prehistoric flying reptile was spotted over the area.

Sightings of large winged creatures have actually been reported several times over the last few decades with legends of the 'Thunderbird' still alive and well in Native American folklore.

Famous cases include that of two cowboys who in 1890 allegedly killed a gigantic bird-like creature in Arizona which had smooth skin and a face like that of an alligator. Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman has also written extensively about a series of Thunderbird sightings that occurred in the 1940s.

There was even an incident in 1977 in which three young boys in Lawndale, Illinois were pursued by two large birds. As they tried to escape, one of the boys was allegedly picked up by one of the creatures and carried over a short distance before being dropped again.

As for the new video - while it certainly looks impressive, critics have argued that it could very easily be a computer-generated hoax and very little is known about the background or circumstances.

The chances of it being an actual pterosaur are remote to say the least.
Report Spam   Logged
Gremlin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:15:32 am »

I'm in the RC camp. I freely admit to not being a pterosaur flight pattern expert, but the wing flapping appears stiff and mechanical, and when it looks underneath its body, the whole body and wings rotate with the head in a very unaerodynamic matter. Then again, I would probably be stiff too, if I had been asleep for 65 million years. The USA might have the money, but I don't believe it has the technology yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Gremlin

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:16:18 am »

http://www.popsci.com/woolly-mammoth-dna-brought-life-elephant-cells
Report Spam   Logged

Xomon

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 04:20:42 am »

Biggest thing that says hoax to me is when the "Pterdactyl" flew beyond the trees, he aims the camera down and slowly walks away. Don't you think he'd be running to keep filming it?
Report Spam   Logged
Seer of Dark Things
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 04:32:13 am »

Many interesting stories throughout time. http://cryptozoo-oscity.blogspot.com/2009/06/pterodacyls-sightings-n-1800s-hoax-or.html http://hotair.com/archives/2012/12/29/nine-scary-bird-attacks-that-really-happened/
Report Spam   Logged
Seer of Dark Things
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 04:32:34 am »

If it were real without seeing we don't know how far away were said babies. As far as the responses about it being wrong that it is out there like that, well things are changing the weather has caused many changes in nature, my friends animals were eaten by a bear and we several hundred miles from them had a bear in the middle of the day come right at us in the yard, things are getting hungry and desperate and many are dying. If any of the ancient species are alive on the planet we may become a prime food source soon and they will begin to show themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Pax Unum

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 01:50:11 am »

Having the opportunity to speak with a tribal elder and hearing the old stories must have been an amazing experience! We're becoming so far removed from our past. I have a cousin who works in the farm fields in an isolated area of Iowa. He told me about seeing a huge bird, and his deion matched what I've read on UM. He'd never before heard of thunderbirds, and as he was describing it he had that apprehensive look of, "Is he going to laugh at me?" I don't know what to think. It's difficult to believe that something as big as a thunderbird could exist, but you never know.
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Xomon

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 01:55:20 am »

When I saw that one, I thought exaggerated fake. Too large and too reptilian dipition done by attention seekers. Photoshop is so accessible now it's abused all the time for everything now. I wonder if there are any genuine images that still exist but were seen as enhanced and just dismissed. You mentioning that made me think of old photos from 1880s and early 1900s. They deteriorate. I had photos of grandparents enhanced and restored. Maybe there's something just as genuine in subject matter but dismissed as fake because it was enhanced?
Report Spam   Logged
Zalmoxis

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 01:57:20 am »

Some of the tradition portrays it more as a spirit bird that can communicate with some people and only be seen when it wants to be seen. It comes with thunder, and times when valleys flood fast. Clues to the existence of an animal is all that we can take the tribal stories for not fact. I think it's a clue, maybe they actually live in a cave in a valley and only appear after a storm floods where they live. There's a lot of small holes in earth that lead into giant caves and I bet there are still many living there.
Report Spam   Logged
Thorvir Hrothgaard

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 01:58:58 am »

I want to point out that large birds seem, well, large. At a distance, or even close up. Like owls flying in front of moving cars at night. They're damn scary at times. The herons look enormous around here when the are fly, so do the buzzards. But when you see them on the ground, they're not so imposing at all. There's nothing supernatural or paranormal or weird about it at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Abedabun

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 02:00:59 am »

Its about time a Thunderbird was filmed.
Report Spam   Logged
Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 02:02:57 am »

About time for a lot of things to be filmed...like a ghost, Bigfoot, a real alien UFO, an honest politician, actual magic being performed.... But if that happened, we would start running out of Ancient Mysteries.
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Okane

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 02:05:09 am »

Hopefully this isnt going too far off the beaten track but I would like to mention that in NZ sometime in the early 1990s a very small and ugly bat species was 'discovered' living in Te Urewera, a very remote and dense rain forest in the central North Island. However, the bat was already known to exist by a few native people who inhabited the area. I personally was told about their existence by an elder, coincidentally only weeks prior to them being officially discovered.
Report Spam   Logged
Bat
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 02:09:25 am »

The thunderbird I saw was the size of small crop plane with the wing span. It seemed to be observing us before it joined other one and circled over the town we saw and then they split up and flew out of site over the hills. I've seen large cranes etc but nothing like their size and odd shape. ead had top crest like in video bat like wings leathery but it appeared to have sparce feathers on the edges, eyes were like an eagle, beak looked like a prehistoric bird but face had fine feathers not like a bald reptile or a bat's hair, same for the crest. Tail end looked like a herron or crane because its legs could appear as a long tail from a distance when in flight since it had feathers on its lower legs like a silky rooster does. I couldn't make out the feet since they were clenched in flight. Color was brown but face had a surreal quality about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: