Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:13:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Did US troops encounter Bigfoot in Vietnam ?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did US troops encounter Bigfoot in Vietnam ?  (Read 497 times)
DieChecker

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 02:16:56 am »

The photographer went looking for gorillas, but he didn't actually know if they were there till he started looking around and found the one bushmeat example. Before that he really didn't have evidence that tied directly to that area, other then skulls that were "supposed" to have come from that region. That's not actually true, because we've had UM members say they saw these apes back in 2009 (they posted in 2009 that is) and they stated they could be large macaques.
Report Spam   Logged
Iron Lotus

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 02:29:49 am »

Might these be a big kind of short tail/no tail macaque? Or a big sub-species of gibbon? I'm not calling my opinion evidence. I'm suggesting what many US soldiers may have seen.
Report Spam   Logged
Gremlin

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 02:33:14 am »

In all fairness, unless I read wrong(or not enough), it was not clear if the soldiers were using the term "rock apes" in a dederogatory sense or not.
Report Spam   Logged

I Am a Fugitive from the Chain Gang
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 02:36:32 am »

The OP article does say that the locals have a name, Nguoi Rung, for these apes. The soldiers reported a heavy brow and deep set eyes and with long arms and a large torso. Doesn't match up with the locals that much, I think. I think a large gibbon sub-species might match up well though. Even though the soldiers also reported them being five feet tall....
Report Spam   Logged
The Creeper
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 02:43:05 am »

The push for "open science" (non peer review) is usually led by creationists and cryptozoologists (with science credentials) for obvious reasons. Instead of providing better science to get their stuff published, seems they would rather water down the scientific process to accommodate their fantasy. I don't really find it that unusual that so many people are given to belief in such things. Humans are by nature very creative and anything but rational. To have no such beliefs would place you in a small minority.
Report Spam   Logged
Mirror Image

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 02:46:52 am »

Creatures found out of their normal range/ new subspecies etc. is far more plausible. Though if there were any of these "bigfoot" type cryptids, this part of the world is by far the most plausible place they would be expected to exist. Large areas of suitable habitat. Extant great ape species already in the area. A fascinating fossil record from India all the way down to Indonesia. Gigantopithecus and lots of others. The last known prehistoric human fossils (ie. non anatomically modern humans) found in a cave in China that were there as recently as 12,000 yrs ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Monument of Monsters

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 02:49:29 am »

How is this purported ape related, in any way, to the so called Bigfoot? They are 5 feet tall and described as ape like which means it walks predominately on all fours while BF is 8 feet tall and walks bipedal. It doesn't seem to mind being seen by humans, apparently and actually attacks when its territory is violated on foot or by air, two things bigfoot is famous for NOT doing. So physically and behaviorally it is not related to bigfoot in any way and its habitat bares little resemblance to the pacific northwest so this is in the bigfoot conversation why? Sounds more like a big chimp.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Sleep of Reason Brings Monsters."
Astra

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 02:51:45 am »

It is consistent with Nguoi rung in stature etc. nothing indicating it gets around on all fours. That no one has ever verified its existence and especially the way it is impervious to high powered weapons at close range makes it very comparable to bigfoot lol. Not saying it exists, but there are areas around the world that have a far longer tradition of such things than bigfoot in the US. Sounds like a regional variation of the same folklore. In this instance it is interesting that it is being promoted by US troops.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: