Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:12:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mystery fireball seen blazing across Bangkok sky caught on film

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery fireball seen blazing across Bangkok sky caught on film  (Read 435 times)
Avant Guard

« on: September 13, 2015, 12:37:28 am »

Mystery fireball seen blazing across Bangkok sky caught on film

Updated Mon at 9:12am
Vine: A fireball is seen in the sky over Bangkok
Photo: A dash cam captures the moment a fireball is seen in the sky over Bangkok, Thailand. (Storyful: Porjai Jaturongkhakun)
Related Story: Russian panic as meteor shower rains down
Map: Thailand

A mystery fireball seen blazing across the sky in northern Bangkok has been captured on film.

A dash cam captured the moment the fireball, thought to be a meteor, was seen over the Thai capital on Monday morning.

The film shows a bright ball of flames move across the sky for a few seconds like a shooting star.

Locals took to social media to report sightings of the mystery blaze.

There has been no official confirmation of what caused the fireball.

However, local media reported that the Bangkok Planetarium said there had been no reports of a meteorite landing.

The Bangkok Post also said the fireball had been seen in other parts of the country.

The Thai government has reportedly not commented on the sightings.

In 2013, dash cams in cars in Russia caught the moment a meteorite spectacularly struck about 1,500 kilometres east of Moscow, leaving about 1,200 people injured and damaging several thousand buildings.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-07/mystery-fireball-seen-over-bangkok-caught-on-film/6756132
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zalmoxis

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 04:25:05 am »

I have had an identical experience in the 1980s. Suddenly, during the dark evening, a streak came down vertically before me from overhead. It exploded at eye level - I live at forty metres - and at a distance of circa two hundred meters or less from me, above a highway, In my estimation there was no use in looking for meteorite debris, besides the danger of exploring a highway, so I never acted upon it. I did write my observation down on a piece of paper, though, and that must still be somewhere in my room.
Report Spam   Logged
Hunt for Extraterrestial Lifeforms

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 04:28:02 am »

Meteorites are often magnetic, so you could have run a magnet around and maybe found some bits. I've heard that if you run a magnet around in the dirt and find some magnetic dust that some of that is always going to be from space, which drifted down from the tons of space debris which is constantly raining on us.
Report Spam   Logged
Vanlyssel
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 04:32:26 am »

Yea I'd love to see one. I once traveled several hundred km to see a total eclipse of the sun, and it was well worth it, but you can't travel somewhere to see fireballs. You just have to be lucky.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: