Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:18:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Are two drowned children's ghosts haunting this pub?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are two drowned children's ghosts haunting this pub?  (Read 171 times)
Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« on: August 24, 2015, 01:12:23 am »

Are two drowned children's ghosts haunting this pub? Spooky CCTV shows glasses being thrown off shelf

14:56, 19 August 2015
    By Helen Whitehouse , Chris Adams

This Shropshire pub is apparently haunted by the ghosts of two children who drowned in the basement. Is it them throwing pint glasses around?

A "poltergeist" has been captured on CCTV throwing glasses around in a Shropshire pub.

The creepy clip shows pint glasses falling to the floor one by one- but with no one visibly behind the act.

Could the stories that the pub is haunted by two children who drowned in the basement be true?

Legend states that hundreds of years ago, two children were playing in the basement as their mother went out- but it flooded and they were trapped.

Caters ghost
Scary: owner Nick was shocked to find glass on the floor one morning

And now Nick Bevon, who owns the Bassa Villa in Bridgnorth, Shropshire, has witnessed some seriously spooky goings on.

He arrived at work one morning to find glass strewn across the floor.

He got the fright of his life when he checked the CCTV footage and saw the glasses falling to the floor of their own accord, well after the pub was shut.

Nick, 33, said: "I just turned up for work on Saturday morning and opened up as usual with the assistant manager when I noticed the smashed glasses on the floor."

Caters
Spooky: The footage shows the glasses falling to the floor

"I thought: 'How did that happen?' because I knew the place would have been lift tidy the night before."

"I wondered had someone maybe been in the bar so I reviewed the CCTV cameras and there is was at 1.43am."

"There was no-one in sight. The place was empty. And they just fall without explanation. Both of the glasses just go."

"I checked out cameras from different angles to see if I could find a reason for it but they all showed the same thing."

Caters ghost
Baffling: No one appears to be behind the stunt- could it be the ghost children?

Nick, who took over the bar and restaurant five months ago says it isn't the first occasion that supernatural goings on have occured.

He details how he has felt his wrist being grabbed over the years he worked at the pub before he began to manage it.

"We get a lot visitors who come here because of the haunted history and we're expecting a big group at the end of the year. I think they'd be amazed if they saw this."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/two-drowned-childrens-ghosts-haunting-6279927
Report Spam   Logged

"Forever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about a million and a half men, women and children, mainly Jews, from various countries in Europe."

Auschwitz-Birkenau, 1940-1945

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:13:08 am »

Scary: owner Nick was shocked to find glass on the floor one morning
Report Spam   Logged

"Forever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about a million and a half men, women and children, mainly Jews, from various countries in Europe."

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 01:14:01 am »

Spooky: The footage shows the glasses falling to the floor
Report Spam   Logged

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:14:28 am »

Baffling: No one appears to be behind the stunt- could it be the ghost children?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: