Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:20:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

3-year-old recalls past life as a snake

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3-year-old recalls past life as a snake  (Read 358 times)
Shiloh

« on: August 16, 2015, 08:52:28 pm »

3-year-old recalls past life as a snake
Posted on Sunday, 9 August, 2015

Could a young boy from Thailand recall living as a snake ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
A young boy in Thailand can allegedly recall specific details of his previous life as a serpent.
In an apparent case of animal reincarnation, a young Thai boy named Dalawong was three years old when he met an aquaintance of his father, Mr. Hiew, for the first time.

Despite having never met the man before Dalawong was able to describe in explicit detail a confrontation between Mr Hiew, who was a hunter, and a snake that he had killed in a cave.

The three-year-old provided an accurate account of how the snake had been cornered by Hiew's two dogs before being killed and cooked for food. He even described how his father had eaten a piece of the snake, a fact that both men were later able to verify.

Dalawong's remarkable recollection of these events was attributed to the fact that he believed he had lived the life of that very same snake in his previous incarnation. The boy even suffered from a rare skin condition that covered his lower body in snake-like scales.

The peculiar case was investigated by Francis Story, an associate of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson and whose findings were later put to paper in a book on reincarnation by Dr. Jim Tucker.

"I may be well past your boggle threshold now, the point at which a story becomes too mind-boggling to accept," he wrote. "I confess this case approaches my own boggle threshold."

"Though I might be able to believe that a chimpanzee could have some conscious memory of a candy necklace, I certainly don’t believe a snake would remember details about a particular location and a series of events, and years later be able to recognize a man who was its final nemesis."

"It’s true I don’t know what goes on in the mind of a snake, but that does cross my boggle threshold."

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1703236-3-year-old-remembers-past-life-as-snake-gives-verified-details-of-encounter-with-hunter/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DecoNoir

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:33:19 am »

I was dating a very nice woman whose 5 year-old son explained to me how dinosaur detectives tripped across time in order to write laws in New York City during the Civil War we fought with Germany...that strangely included G. Washington and his giant robot who was later caught in a trap set by cats that involved pots, pans and a can of plums...in syrup... The point being he was very convincing and I did no fact checking because, why? Kids. They like to talk and like it when people pay attention to them.
Report Spam   Logged

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.
Hunt for Extraterrestial Lifeforms

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 12:36:09 am »

Don't snakes 'see' in infrared? (Or something along those lines.) How would he identify one person from another when all he could have seen was blobs of heat?
Report Spam   Logged
DieChecker

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:40:40 am »

Pit vipers can detect heat, good for hunting warm blooded prey in darkness, it's what the "pits" on their faces are for, but they can also see with normal vision in daylight. Some snakes like Cobras and even harmless Black Racers are very visually oriented and visually follow every movement of prey or an enemy.
Report Spam   Logged
Anthem of the Damned

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 12:43:47 am »

Maybe he just remembering a memory past on to him from his own dad. In some animals, memories are past on to their off spring.
Report Spam   Logged
Astra

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 12:47:47 am »

It is difficult to really believe stories of reincarnation as being true. Perhaps the boy has psychic abilities and picked up the story through a mental connection and he happens to have excellent mind reading skills. As for the scaly skin condition it would be much like stigmata in those who are the center of the Christian belief of resurrection. Basically, he believes this story so strongly that his body changed to reflect this deep mind concentration. Stigmata can happen in much the same way if a belief is strong enough. Stigmata can also happen in someone who doesn't believe.
Report Spam   Logged
Okane

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 12:50:50 am »

Perhaps he was the snake in a past life.
Report Spam   Logged
Openheimer

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 12:56:54 am »

Look, if anything in this is true, that's how it can be explained. He heard his dad talk about it when he was just a baby. When he finally learn how to speak and words, that memory came back to his mind. What could be amazing is that you could remember something people were talking without being able to understand but later on, your memory remembers it clearly.
Report Spam   Logged

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." - the Bhagavad Gita
Hermocrates

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:55 pm »

Plato is written all over it. Last part of the Timaeus, and a definite tie to Atlantis. The boy has apparently improved his mind, and through reincarnation and philosophy has come up a step in the evolution of the soul.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: