Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:03:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mysterious 'ghost plane' spotted over UK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious 'ghost plane' spotted over UK  (Read 568 times)
Ünlüsoy

« on: August 16, 2015, 08:32:03 pm »

Mysterious 'ghost plane' spotted over UK
Posted on Thursday, 13 August, 2015

Could the plane have been a Lancaster Bomber ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Paul Hudson
Several people have reported seeing an old World War II era bomber aircraft flying low over Derbyshire.
The large prop-driven airplane had been spotted by multiple witnesses and was described as "completely silent" as it flew low over the English countryside.

Richard and Helen Jephson had been driving their car in Rowsley on the afternoon of August 3rd when they saw the plane flying so near to the ground that they thought it was going to crash.

"My car window was open and this plane was so low that you could touch it – but it was completely silent," said Richard. "We sort of braced ourselves for a crash but nothing happened."

The strange aircraft was later seen again by witnesses on the A52 from Derby.

"It was flying very, very low but there are quite a lot of trees at the point, so I couldn't get a very good look at it," said Richard Burley. "It was definitely not a Lancaster, it was much smaller than that, but I couldn't be sure. I couldn't believe that nobody else had seen it !".

Authorities have confirmed that there were no scheduled air displays or flyovers at these times.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2015/08/12/mysterious-lancaster-bomber-plane-spotted-flying-derbyshire/?icid=maing-grid7|ukt1|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D372355
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Heartmonger

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:13:33 am »

I love this story at a 10 on a scale of 1-10. Ghosts of huge mechanical objects are beyond rare. I have heard to phantom cars and houses, but aerial ghosts in broad daylight especially jaw-dropping wonderful. I'm never around when stuff like this happens.
Report Spam   Logged
Mission Control

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:26:19 am »

I am not dismissing that it could be paranormal, and with sightings all over the place, I'm thinking it could be that. On another side of this, being a wife of a retired Air Force MS, and lived near or on bases, I'm thinking air shows. They are always practicing, and anyone near are going to see it. Updated and older planes I would believe. That is my thought on that. Well, he, Hammond, and Clarkson, have to do something to advertise their new netflix show, right? (Did I read that right, they are set to have a car show on Netflix soon?
Report Spam   Logged

...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.
Gremlin

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:27:57 am »

Someone should tune into the old frequency and see if anyone is hailing Bomber Command.
Report Spam   Logged

Vanlyssel
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:29:25 am »

Well, the flying dutch is hardly the only alleged ghost ship, I recall at least six others, so it'd be just a matter of time before a ghost plane turned up. But why no ghost cars or ghost horse wagons?
Report Spam   Logged
In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:30:59 am »

i don't know, there've been plenty of stories about ghost cars that mysteriously disappear or go through fences leaving no trace, aren't there. And there's abundant stories of ghostly horses & carriages from all over the place. What I've sometimes thought is, what if ghosts aren't "restless spirits" or anything like that, but what if they're kind of like echoes or flashbacks of events that happened some time in the past - like in the case, perhaps, of the crash of a plane during the War - that just pop up from time to time and reply themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Aspects of the Material World
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 01:32:18 am »

since the doors of speculation are blown up wide here anyway, i might as well throw in my pet "theory" of attributing all sorts of apparitions (ghosts, aliens, what have you...) to being temporary projections from alternate universes.
Report Spam   Logged

All that we see is a dream within a dream.
Aberration of Pure Evil
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 01:33:45 am »

Haven't some UFO sightings been kind of like that? No sound, and nobody other than the witness seems to notice?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: