Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:59:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How Can The Sciences Be So Sure of Their History?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Can The Sciences Be So Sure of Their History?  (Read 1092 times)
Doctor Spectrum
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 04:30:42 am »

These artifacts speak for themselves, if dinosaur footprints are found and there are human footprints crossing it how can that kind of discovery be faked ? some of these finds have been burred deep in the earth and fossilized, and this meteorite theory of it killing all the dinosaurs is pure rubbish, just one more way to explain away something that puzzled us for decades, instead of one gigantic meteorite how about many smaller ones falling and over time these deposits built up. these discoveries will remain a mystery by the very people who would be hurt reputation wise if the news ever got out supported by evidence we were lied to all these years that man has walked on earth a lot longer than thought maby even alongside dinosaurs, the day will come when people will say " see ? I told you so".

What artifacts? Have you examined them? A layer of iridium could not be deposited by many smaller meteorites, as their would be no cloud of debris encircling the earth. I don't think you are thinking this through very logically. For what purpose would a palaeontologist lie? For what  purpose would thousands of other palaeontologists support him/her? For what purpose would tens of thousands of other scientists (archaeologists, geologists, etc.)  agree with the findings? Show me where they went wrong with their research. Show me the credentials of the people you are willing to believe over all of the qualified people in these fields. Ther is rubbish being spread, on that I agree, but it is not coming from mainstream.
Report Spam   Logged
Hunt for Extraterrestial Lifeforms

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 04:34:56 am »

Yeh, in fact they found "footprints"on a "billion years old rock" that was under water then....

As long as you can explain it without recurring to any "ancient astronauts" you are more likely to be right.

The whole universe started to exist at more or less the same time. If you take the physical processes required to form a planet,that the conditions are right to have life on that planet and that this life evolves into something nearing anything that resembles a civilization the differences between planet and planet are pretty small. So while a other civilization might have made it to this planet ten thousand years ago, assuming the same for 65,000,000 years ago is going slightly overboard. Your safest bet is that 65,000,000 years ago there was no civilization anywhere in this universe so nothing "intelligent", if we discount an ever-existing being, could have put his foot here.

This statement makes no sense, take for example we get to a point where we are able to travel to other planets find a planet roughly the same as earth with almost the same earth type dinosaurs, we explore the planet and establish some kind of base to further explore the planet, then we leave but leave behind our footprints in the mud crossing the paths of dinosaurs, fast forward to the planets present day where the advanced society finds these fossils of our footprints embedded onto dinosaur footprints, I can imagine the uproar that would bring by the " experts " saying 65,000,000 years ago there was civilization anywhere in this universe. I'm just relating to this " open " discussion on an article I found on the internet and rather than automatically debunking it discussing the possibility this could be true by researching the people and places these finds occurred would be interesting to say the least, oh and about ancient astronauts what about the temple of Seti I Abydos Egypt with a tomb with a 3000 BC or roughly 5000 year old plaque showing a modern type helicopter a possible submarine and several other flying machines, these are carved into the tomb itself and was found when opened. people need to have open minds when discussing these things, just because the " experts " say something is fact everyone falls over themselves and takes that as fact with no room for further examination for other possible explanations.

Report Spam   Logged
the Call of Chthulu

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 06:43:27 pm »

According to this link, the Paluxy River tracks were used as one example. However they weren't human tracks, and some even hoaxes.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy.html
Report Spam   Logged
Helmut

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

This statement makes no sense, take for example we get to a point where we are able to travel to other planets find a planet roughly the same as earth with almost the same earth type dinosaurs, we explore the planet and establish some kind of base to further explore the planet, then we leave but leave behind our footprints in the mud crossing the paths of dinosaurs, fast forward to the planets present day where the advanced society finds these fossils of our footprints embedded onto dinosaur footprints, I can imagine the uproar that would bring by the " experts " saying 65,000,000 years ago there was civilization anywhere in this universe. I'm just relating to this " open " discussion on an article I found on the internet and rather than automatically debunking it discussing the possibility this could be true by researching the people and places these finds occurred would be interesting to say the least, oh and about ancient astronauts what about the temple of Seti I Abydos Egypt with a tomb with a 3000 BC or roughly 5000 year old plaque showing a modern type helicopter a possible submarine and several other flying machines, these are carved into the tomb itself and was found when opened. people need to have open minds when discussing these things, just because the " experts " say something is fact everyone falls over themselves and takes that as fact with no room for further examination for other possible explanations.

Come, now, first you said that humans were here long before the dinosaurs, now you're suggesting that beings from another planet visted here and left footprints alongside those of dinosaurs. But they really wouldn't be human, would they? That would not really suggest that the theory of evolution is wrong, would it?  The carvings at Abydos have been explained ad nauseum, it's another one of those misleading tactics by the fringe. If you had an open mind, then you would accept that mainstream science could be right, but no, you will only accept the opinions of the fringe. You have as yet to see that most of these people are simply charlatans that have come up with a way to get money from you, providing you buy their books and dvds. The fact is you have fallen all over yourself and taken as facts a bunch of lies that do not leave room for further examination for other possible explanations.
Report Spam   Logged
Druid
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 06:58:01 pm »

Napoleon: History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
Report Spam   Logged
Quest for Truth & Justice
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 07:05:10 pm »

Well I'm no biologist for sure. But it dosen't mean I made up those statistics and necessarly don't know what I'm talking about. The link you provided me is pretty much what I was talking about. I just expressed myself in a wrong way and made, I concur.

I made the mistake of saying that only that 2% is known and understood. I should have said that this 2% is the encoded part responsible for protein synthesis and that the rest (98%) is maded up of non-coding DNA (or simply a code we haven't figured out yet) which still has many unknown funtions. Now is that better? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.psrast.org/junkdna.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 07:09:13 pm »

Come, now, first you said that humans were here long before the dinosaurs, now you're suggesting that beings from another planet visted here and left footprints alongside those of dinosaurs. But they really wouldn't be human, would they? That would not really suggest that the theory of evolution is wrong, would it?  The carvings at Abydos have been explained ad nauseum, it's another one of those misleading tactics by the fringe. If you had an open mind, then you would accept that mainstream science could be right, but no, you will only accept the opinions of the fringe. You have as yet to see that most of these people are simply charlatans that have come up with a way to get money from you, providing you buy their books and dvds. The fact is you have fallen all over yourself and taken as facts a bunch of lies that do not leave room for further examination for other possible explanations.

Oh so now you're all the ' experts " you're the ones with no open minds afraid of some real proof that will shake your very belief in what all the mainstream closed minded robots believe in you all seem to have an explanation for everything well that's fine, just keep saying to yourselves " we know everything don't need to explain any further " I have not as you said fallen over myself and taken these as FACTS I'm saying that instead of flatly dieing these as false  articles  check into the possibility they might truly be fact.

Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Astra

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 07:44:45 pm »

Around the entire earth is a layer of iridium. Iridium is very rare here on earth, but a common ingredient of meteors. From this, it is logical that an iridium laden meteor crashed into the earth, exploded and spread a cloud of dust all around the earth. Below this layer we find fossils of dinosaurs, above it, none. This layer is about 65 million years old. The oldest hominid bone that has ever been found is 4.4 million years old. These were not humans, as they did not come along until about 200,000 years ago. In order for humans to have existed during the time of the dinosaurs, thousands ( dare I say tens of thousands?) of scientists who dedicate their lives to studying these exact things would have to be wrong, and a handful of fringe writers and charlatans ( not scientists ) are correct. There is a very good reason mainstream scientists refuse to acknowledge it; it is untrue. Why would anyone beleive the word of a very few non-scientists using mis-leading information as well as outright lies and think that all of the real scientists who, through their own independant research have come to the same conclusion are wrong?

Just a point of fact, not everyone in the scientific community buys into the iridium layer as proof positive of the Alvarez Hypothesis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvarez_hypothesis).

It was a panel of 41 which endorsed this hypothesis; but there is still debate, and ongoing research into alternate explainations. One of which is Deccan Volcanism, with research primarily being performed at Princeton (http://massextinction.princeton.edu/deccan-volcanism).

Herein lies one of the principle problems with the soft sciences, void of actual observable & reproducible experimentation, the best we have is "consensus science", with the public perception of fact being a media popularity contest. -- which is most certainly not fact.

For some people, the portrayal of a soft science consensus as a fact is disingenuous. I know I am in this camp, I prefer actual facts to be represented as facts.

Here is another interesting site regarding alternative explanations, the first paragraph sums up nicely.

"The general perception with the public regarding the extinction of the dinosaurs is that they were wiped out by a meteorite impact. This theory has inarguably become the most famous and highly publicized cause for the disappearance of the species 65 million years ago. Its popularity has caused it to be universally accepted as the only viable theory to explain the disappearance of the dinosaurs."

http://hoopermuseum.earthsci.carleton.ca/saleem/meteor.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Charetha
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 07:49:58 pm »

What if... 2 billion years ago ... by way of panspermia... life evolved on the earth. What if that life evolved for 4 million years or so, just like we have been evolving for 4 million years. And the life evolved into intelligent life... like us. Let's call them "humans." And these 2.4 billion year ago new earth "humans" multiplied and spread all over Kenorland. (That's what we call the land mass of 2.7 billion years ago. ) What if their civilization thrived for 10 million years and then...

a small planetoid hit the earth and wiped everybody out... total mass extinction... all humans and animals... kaput ... gone...

And then..............

What if....  1.5 billion years ago... .. by way of panspermia .... life evolved on on the earth..... What if that life......

That's what the Hindu and Baha'i religions teach.
Report Spam   Logged
Alexander
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 07:53:39 pm »

two billion years ago would be slightly short, evidence of microbial life was found from:  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150216131121.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: