Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:35:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

UFO casually overtakes Virgin airliner

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFO casually overtakes Virgin airliner  (Read 668 times)
Webs

« on: August 08, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »

UFO casually overtakes Virgin airliner
Posted on Thursday, 6 August, 2015

The unidentified object can be seen in the background behind the plane. Image Credit: YouTube / looknowtv

Footage has emerged showing a strange object flying past a large plane as it takes off from an airport.

The video, which was uploaded on to the LookNowTV YouTube channel, was filmed by an anonymous individual in New York near to John F. Kennedy International Airport.

As the plane ascends it is possible to see a small dark-colored object moving in the same direction but at a much greater speed before disappearing off towards the left of the frame.

The fact that the video was recorded at an airport makes it difficult to rule out other aircraft but that hasn't stopped the video from going viral with almost 200,000 views received to date on YouTube.

Despite skepticism from Internet users the uploader of the video, a man who is known only as Rick, remains adamant that what the footage shows is something more than just another plane.

"I worked with the guy that filmed... I have no reason to believe this guy is a hoax," he said.

"I shared it with my friends to get further opinions on it and we could not come to a definitive conclusion on what the object might be so I decided to go with it and share it online."

"When something looks really unusual, like this, we will post it."

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/footage-shows-ufo-flying-behind-virgin-plane-near-jfk-airport/story-fnjwlcze-1227469225822
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:40:46 pm by Webs » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Иван Удовиченко

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:15:36 am »

It's just two planes. The one closer is landing and going very slowly. The second in the background is climbing at a faster speed.
Report Spam   Logged
Mission Control

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 12:51:49 am »

That's a good point, but the climb rate probably isn't material since a bizjet would be following a fixed departure route that dictated its horizontal and vertical flight path. And in fact the UFO does seem to be climbing at the same angle as the 747. It remains to be seen if the 747 was taking off from the nearer of the two runways, though.
Report Spam   Logged

...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.
Stuka Divebomber

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 12:53:40 am »

I'm not, sure I'd agree that it's another more distant plane climbing more steeply, departures from airports follow departure corridors with more or less the same rates of climb, it would cause chaos if planes were to go at widely differing speeds and rates of climb.
Report Spam   Logged
PrisonerX

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 12:55:23 am »

Must be nice to not have to be bothered working lift to fly. That field manipulation be where it's at. No fighting friction.
Report Spam   Logged
It's A Trap

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 12:57:20 am »

besides, JFK has two parallel runways running east-west (more or less) and another two running north-south, and they'd normally use one for landings and one for takeoffs. Here's a viedo, in fact, which seesm to be pretty much the same view: note at 7:05 a plane landing on the parallel runway in the background (and some birds in the foreground.)
Report Spam   Logged
Nuclear Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 12:59:29 am »

Thats correct but I took the climb rate factor into picture to explain that a bizz jet with a higher (possible) climb rate is capable to accelerate much faster than a 747, especially if on a similar lift-off angle.
Report Spam   Logged
DieChecker

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 01:01:56 am »

I took a few minutes to look at the OP video, and it did appear the "ufo" was behind the take off jet. Which led me to the exact same deduction that you had. This is just another, smaller plane, taking off at a higher speed, which allowed it to lift off earlier and thus appear to be "above" this passenger jet. I was thinking a military jet, but you are correct that it probably was just a fast civilian business jet.
Report Spam   Logged
DieChecker

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 01:02:06 am »

i don't think they'd do that, not parallel takeoffs. Parallel landings, yes, but even parallel takeoffs would be instructed to use similar climb rates to avoid chaos. And certainly military jets wouldn't go sooting about randomly in some of the most tightly controlled airspace in the world (New York is very sensitive about where things are allowed to fly, for obvious reasons).
Report Spam   Logged
Gremlin

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 01:03:59 am »

And THe Plot Thickens ! Now for some Facts ?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: