Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:28:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

If Aliens wanted to destroy us...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Aliens wanted to destroy us...  (Read 240 times)
Mystic Crusader

« on: August 02, 2015, 02:17:31 am »

It would be fairly easy for them to do so. We wouldn't even see it coming. It would take years of planning and implementing. Most of their planning would involve studying the human gene code to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Humans would be the only target, since they would want to leave the world unharmed for their own use. They would seize multiple human subjects to create a sterile weapon that would make it impossible for humans to procreate. Second they will create a weapon that induces brain damaging seizures. The brain damage we would get would make us incapable of surviving on our own wits. Before they unleash these two weapons they will drop a few e~bombs around the planet to completely disable our technologies. Since time would be on their side, they would return after we have died off.
Report Spam   Logged

And if a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
and a dog can dream; should it be implausible
that a man might supervise
the construction of light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ1JyLVd4ZU

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mystic Crusader

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 02:18:38 am »

They wouldn't even be interested in communicating. They would only be interested in their own survival and that would mean taking over the planet.
Report Spam   Logged

And if a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
and a dog can dream; should it be implausible
that a man might supervise
the construction of light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ1JyLVd4ZU
Xomon

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 02:20:48 am »

That's such a boring way for aliens to end us. Let make it seem more natural. For one all they would need to do is introduce one of their virus's. The aliens version of the common cold. Such a thing could end us. They could direct a few million asteroids to destroy earth. If they are advanced enough they could just capture our sun. Which would slowly end us. Since there has been scarce proof of alien life (since most of it's hoax's) we should worry.
Report Spam   Logged
Xomon

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:21:23 am »

I think they would think violence or using viruses are 'inhumane' or 'inalien'. Lol! Remember, humans would be the only target because they want the planet with all its resources for themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Sphere of Influence
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 02:22:55 am »

I think they would think violence or using viruses are 'inhumane' or 'inalien'.

Ah I see...so they wont use any violence but they will still kill us all? How kind.
Report Spam   Logged
Gremlin

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 02:23:53 am »

If I have learned anything from science fiction, it is that as long as the aliens don't invest in a decent anti-virus programme for their computers, we should be allright in the end. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Quark

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 02:25:26 am »

I think if Aliens thought they were curing a cancer on this planet, I don't think they would think they were doing anything wrong by killing us off.
Report Spam   Logged
Psycho
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 02:26:46 am »

They're already sexual predators. With all that anal probing and all.
Report Spam   Logged
Stellaraxe
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 02:29:07 am »

I think if Aliens thought they were curing a cancer on this planet, I don't think they would think they were doing anything wrong by killing us off.

I see this a lot. Why are people so intent on aliens comming to kill us ?

If they really wanted to kill us, why are they waiting while we become more and more advanced and thus more likely to be able to thwart their plans ?
Report Spam   Logged
Hunt for Extraterrestial Lifeforms

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 02:31:37 am »

For an alien that can space travel, they themselves would have evolved to be top predator on their own planet...ie, theyd have most likely done what we have done, raping their planet of resources....hence needing our resources as they have ran out

Or didnt that occur to you? We are no more a cancer than they would have been....and theyd be the biggest cancer, for...spreading out into space
Report Spam   Logged
Nuclear Commander

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 03:31:53 am »

Lets face it. If some species can travel the universe freely. They have little to no need for what we have. We're probably just a curiosity.

Nice one imaginary.
Report Spam   Logged
Mission Control

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 03:35:15 am »

To assume aliens can even get here, when you consider the immense distances, then want to kill all humans...is naive too. Its comic book or b-movie material... fantasy
Report Spam   Logged

...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.
DieChecker

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:36 am »

Europa has more water than Earth and the aliens wouldn't have to fight anyone for it

http://io9.com/theres-more-water-on-jupiters-moon-europa-than-there-5913104

and since they're already capable of intergalactic travel, they can always go to the APM 08279+5255 quasar which has frozen clouds with approx. 140 trillion times the water of Earth

http://www.space.com/12400-universe-biggest-oldest-cloud-water.html

but water aside, if they were just looking for a fight or any ole reason to kill everyone, all they'd have to do is vote for Trump.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: