Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 05:43:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'Ghost' photobombs pub photo in Liverpool

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Ghost' photobombs pub photo in Liverpool  (Read 153 times)
Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« on: August 01, 2015, 03:55:43 am »

'Ghost' photobombs pub photo in Liverpool
Posted on Monday, 27 July, 2015

The building has something of a reputation for being haunted. Image Credit: sxc.hu

An actress and her friends discovered an unexpected extra in a photograph taken during a night out.
The picture, which shows Rachel Mckeown (far right) and four of her friends at The Lisbon bar in Liverpool, also seemed to show a sixth face in the middle of the group that nobody could recognize.

Is this a ghost photobombing friends' smiling pub snap? http://t.co/wrz0bdP3d4 pic.twitter.com/4uYLnDNeDq
    — Daily Mirror (@DailyMirror) July 27, 2015

"At first I was trying to figure out if it was the light but it doesn’t look like a reflection and I don’t think there was anyone behind when it was taken," she said.

"I do believe in the afterlife and I do think people can see spirits."

Whether the picture is evidence of the paranormal however remains a matter of debate with critics arguing that something like this would be relatively easy to produce using photo editing software.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ghost-face-photobombs-group-picture-6145412
Report Spam   Logged

"Forever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about a million and a half men, women and children, mainly Jews, from various countries in Europe."

Auschwitz-Birkenau, 1940-1945

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 03:59:24 am »

'Ghost' face photobombs group picture in historic city centre pub

09:45, 27 July 2015
    By Helen Davies

Actress Rachel Mckeown had performed in a production of Queertet at Liverpool's Unity Theatre before joining fellow cast members for drinks

Is this a ghost posing with a group of friends inside a city centre pub?

Rachel Mckeown was looking through photos taken on a night out at The Lisbon bar in Liverpool when she saw an eerie face in one of the pictures.

The actress had performed in a production of Queertet at the Unity Theatre on Friday evening and joined fellow cast members for drinks at the Grade II listed Lisbon afterwards.

It was not until the next day that she saw the ghostly face in one of her photographs, reports the Echo.

She said: “All of us actors and the crew went for a good night out in The Lisbon.

"I have just been looking through my pictures... and I came across this picture.

"Do you see the face? Is the Lisbon haunted?”

Rachel, who is on the far right in the photo, added: “There was about 20 of us from the theatre who went to The Lisbon.

“The picture was of a group of us who had been dancing.

“I saw the face but didn’t recognise it.

"At first I was trying to figure out if it was the light but it doesn’t look like a reflection and I don’t think there was anyone behind when it was taken.

“I do believe in the afterlife and I do think people can see spirits.”

The ECHO tried contacting The Lisbon but no-one was available to comment.
Report Spam   Logged

"Forever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about a million and a half men, women and children, mainly Jews, from various countries in Europe."

Gabrielle
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:00:06 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Bethany Beightol
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 04:04:47 am »

It doesn't look authentic. The supposed ghostly face is bigger than the regular. If anyone will check on any undisputed pics of this kind, notice the size of the supposed ghostly image - it fits in.
Report Spam   Logged
freetoroam

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:10:09 am »

While it looks a lot like the result of one of the many Ghost Apps, I didn't have any joy finding it here: in the excellent galleries (Note parts One Two and Three!) of ghost app pics that were collected and compiled by the ever helpful Brian Topp... But the pub now has its publicity, so we will not hear of this again, nor will the true original image ever be made available.. (call me Nostradamus..)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: