Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 02:12:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Something roaming in the woods

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something roaming in the woods  (Read 62 times)
Kendall Conway
Superhero Member

« on: July 24, 2015, 03:26:00 am »

Something roaming in the woods
Posted on 7-19-2015

This happened well over 10 years ago, so I cannot provide dates, but my experience happened in Salt Fork, Ohio. I had forgotten about it for years until a silly television show jolted my memory. Now the more i think on it, and write on it, the more details I remember, and the more intriguing it becomes to me. I became very excited after reading another member's story that sounded so similar to what I experienced, that it sends chills down my spine..

This is the post I made after reading a similar account by another member. I am of the opinion that we experienced the same thing.

The first telling I wrote on here I had just seen an animal planet cryptozoology episode that took place in the same remote area that I had my encounter. When I wrote my reaction in the comment box of the other member's experience, I was more focused and so more details surfaced from memory than in the first time I told about what happened.

So here is that second recall I wrote:

It was late, we were sitting around our campfire eating hot dogs and cleaning our rifles from the days volley of rounds. When out of nowhere, this horrible, ear-piercing, aggressive "scream" came from out of the tree line, no more than 20 yards away. This thing was so loud that I could feel the vibrations of the sound waves go through my chest. It was just like being at a metal concert and being too close to speakers.

Whatever that thing was, it was angry! And it seemed directed at us!

I am sure you are familiar with the wildlife indigenous to your area, as in, you know the sounds they can make. I am also a veteran camper, and I know all of the sounds the night brings from coyotes, owls, foxes, etc.. Let me just say, this was like nothing I had ever heard PERIOD! This was no coyote, fox, bear, owl, falcon etc...

The three of us jolted up and instinctively pointed our rifles in the direction the awful noise came from. I wanted to pull the trigger right then, but I was afraid things would go from bad to worse. My one buddy Brian, voice shaking, goes "I am going back to the car.." We started slowly walking backwards. I still had my Remington aimed steady at a group of trees, ready to fire. As I got a bit farther away, I thought that maybe it would not follow us if I let off a shot or two, so I did. I fired 2 rounds into the dark woods. And just based on intuition alone, I think whatever made that sound was long gone.

We made it to the car, and sat inside, clutching our rifles until daybreak. When we back to the campsite, everything was how we left it. Nothing was missing or damaged. The three of us have never spoken of incident since.

I don't know what made that noise, but it made three well armed, experienced woodsmen, whom are not usually easy to frighten, cower and hide like mice from a cat.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: